Who Here Is Single

Guest greyhalo

I am single no longer. I hope everyone will pardon my apparent lack of enthusiasm, but I'm still in a bit of shock. Maybe I'll be giddy tomorrow.

Good for you. I hope it works out well. :happy:

when its pushed within my grasp and carelessly snatched out of my hands, time and time again, I've learned to stop reaching for these kinds of dreams. no respect in life, so I lament while the dream lives on. I have seen this tide of the winds changing before my eyes. I've got high hopes that most of my friends, if not all of them, will find a significant other, or perhaps strengthen their bonds with the person their with now. that is my belief, my prediction, at least for now.

now smile and go make out.

when its pushed within my grasp and carelessly snatched out of my hands, time and time again, I've learned to stop reaching for these kinds of dreams. no respect in life, so I lament while the dream lives on. I have seen this tide of the winds changing before my eyes. I've got high hopes that most of my friends, if not all of them, will find a significant other, or perhaps strengthen their bonds with the person their with now. that is my belief, my prediction, at least for now.

now smile and go make out.

Very true,let alone all your family members will be with someone as well.Goes for me as well,that was a great post Riku

you can't help who you fall for. shit just happens. its when you learn to let go of these kinds of things that you manage to find something wonderful, be it a new interest, or perhaps, something else that preoccupies your attention that makes you happy. I was told by someone who really cared, that I needed to look beyond the bounds, and find the truth of reasoning behind why things are the way they are, not on this plain of existence, but beyond. So I did. And in the end, there was someone who managed to rescue me from the abyss.

I'll end that portion of my rant to say this.

granted, my mood hasn't changed much, but I know who lies inside my heart, and what I should've been doing all this time. so the dream lives on :)

If I lived in Tokyo permanently, I would so never be single again.. I met some great, great people there. And by people, I mean womens.

Actually, you'd be single all the time because why tie yourself down with just one woman when so many options are available. You could have a different one each week.

Actually, you'd be single all the time because why tie yourself down with just one woman when so many options are available. You could have a different one each week.

Thats true, Why make one miserable when you can make them all happy.

Underrated in America: Being single

Zac Bissonnette

Nov 5th 2008 at 4:00PM

The advantages to having a marital partner are well-advertised: filing taxes jointly, sharing a home and other expenses, and not having to spend lavishly on cologne and Versace to impress members of the opposite (or same) sex.

But pairing up also has its disadvantages, especially when it comes to money. Here are a few:

* It's a well-known fact that issues over money are one of the leading causes of divorce. By staying single, you will never have to argue about financial priorities -- you can live frugally and save every dime you earn without having to worry about a spendthrift spouse blowing your money on designer clothing or a plasma television.

* The tax issues: sometimes being married will save you money and sometimes it won't. It may also affect your ability to contribute to a ROTH IRA.

* You and your spouse share liabilities: if your husband runs into trouble with the IRS or creditors, it can affect your credit and your home could end up with a lien on it. If your spouse has financial problems, they will become your problems.

And best of all, staying single will help you avoid one of the most insidious destroyers of wealth creation known to man: children.

All contents copyright © 2003-2008, Weblogs, Inc. All rights reserved

Still single unfortuanately. Im actually starting to feel unwanted & like theres something wrong with me.

You know I felt the same way, however I've recently found out that its actually the opposite. SO I guess feelings are not facts.

However, I am starting to enjoy the serenity of the word single.

Guest greyhalo

Whats sad is most couples look at single people as worthless,likes its mandatory that you must be with someone to receive respect,whatever.

I don't agree with that. I suppose it depends on the couple. People aren't always happy in relationships either.

Unfortunately, I have been in the situation more often than not where being single was a second class citizen. It made people uncomfortable that I was single to the point that they hardly recognized me in conversation. There have only been 2-3 friends in immediate memory that would say I was lucky being single. Most of the time, they choose not to socialize anymore because I am single and they are no longer so.

I am glad I have avoided being forced together with another single person that the other half knows, thinking they are doing good by putting the poor single people together, making themselves comfortable in the fact they paired off people they know. However, these people tend to be so incompatible, it makes social situations worse.