Who Here Is Single

Guest greyhalo

I have friends who are conspiring against my single status. Showed up at poetry only to discover that I was set up blindly to meet somebody. Ugh.

I have a couple of co-workers who like to play the match-making game. One of them wanted to set me up with her ex-husband.

I mean for ice fishing lessons, Prick. I want some. Soon. I go buy license TOMORROW!

me and prick were talking about a DGN camp out come summer time as well it wll be select chosen one however as we talked about cant really bring more then 20 people where, we are going

Being single is great when you want to watch tv without interruptions...

BUT, nothing beats a partner lying next to you with their head on your shoulder...watching the rise and fall of their chest with each breath.

Yeah...I am single too...fuck it! :no

i can think of several things that beat that, but i won't go there! :w00t:

=P

I have been seeing this "I'd rather be single" stuff a lot more lately. I begin to see that relationships in this country are going to break apart society due to lack of cohesion.

I don't know if I would predict any great disaster as a result; we are a surprisingly resilient species, humans. Yet, I would say that a variety of factors contributes to the symptoms you find so apparent. Um, I was going to posit a theory (hypothesis, actually) but I realize I've already threadjacked this all to hell. Why don't you start a new one: will our obsessions with relationships and lack of cohesion be the death of society?

kinda wish i had friends like that...

LOL

At one point I was sick of meeting incompatible "jerks" and I asked my family to pick someone out for me.

OOOOOOH BOY WAS THAT A BAD IDEA!

I'm sure it was an innocent mistake. They honestly thought he was just a nice guy. I'm not sure why they accepted some of his stories so easily though...

"My mom has some health problems and she's been staying at my house for a while." (pretty sure that translates to 'i live at my mom's house')

"I'm independently wealthy. I only work at Kroger because I want something to do with my free time."

"I was in Iraq last week. The CIA picked me up so I could do some translation work on site."

Man, I could not make this shit up if I tried. At least it was interesting, right? An edifying experience in hands-on psychology!

LOL

At one point I was sick of meeting incompatible "jerks" and I asked my family to pick someone out for me.

OOOOOOH BOY WAS THAT A BAD IDEA!

I'm sure it was an innocent mistake. They honestly thought he was just a nice guy. I'm not sure why they accepted some of his stories so easily though...

"My mom has some health problems and she's been staying at my house for a while." (pretty sure that translates to 'i live at my mom's house')

"I'm independently wealthy. I only work at Kroger because I want something to do with my free time."

"I was in Iraq last week. The CIA picked me up so I could do some translation work on site."

Man, I could not make this shit up if I tried. At least it was interesting, right? An edifying experience in hands-on psychology!

Ha ha ha! Mom's are the WORST fixer-uppers. My mom told the piano tuner my life story and he saw me briefly in passing and two days later, I received this love letter where he swore that we were destined for each other and I received letters every week for a month after that. He sent me his chapbook--it was the worst crap I'd ever read. Plus, his letters were so over the top amorous, I was checking over my shoulder all the time worried that maybe he was stalking me. Ew.

iam actually getting use to being single it dosent suck as much as the days go by i figure yea its been a looong time since ive been in a relationship but i dont care at the moment i figure it will happen when it happens

Awwww I feel for ya man... If you want to borrow one of my slaves for a while let me know.. :p

I am far from single but still available depending on the girl... lol My wife/slave and I are very open and adventurous so if there are any guys out there that think she's hot or any girls that would like to get to know me better don't be afraid of saying hi...

FYI, to clear this up for the guys that are thinking it, yes you can kiss / touch / have sex with her while i'm around and i'm not going to kill you or anything.. haha Same goes for any girls who want to come up and talk, my slave knows her place and won't start shit.. lol

We do things together and separately. This is ok becase we are 100% secure in our relationship... In fact, while i've got a number of part time slaves, I had been hoping to find another more committed slave, but it takes a special girl to be with a married guy.. haha

While I am very deviant sexually, I'm an honest and caring guy with a professional side and an awesome career doing stuff I love to do... What i'd really like to do is get a part time gig helping out one night a week in some capacity at CC just so I can spend more time there and get to know everyone.. lol

the more i think about it, single is the way to be - i've got way too much shit that i want to do, and most women i've ever met have been the type who need constant companionship/attention, which is fine, but not my style. know how hard it is to find someone who has their shit together, with a career/their own life, with whom you share a mutual physical attraction, and who agrees/is fine with seeing each other once/twice a week, at most? or if more often, shares your hobbies/priorities enough that the time you do spend together is constructive, and works with your mutual goals?

i did some calculations once, regarding the chances of finding someone that you'd like, letting alone the thought that they might like you back... kalamazoo (my town) has a population of 72,700 as of 2006 with an estimated annual population decline of approx. 6%, which would put 2008-2009 at roughly 68,340) only 28% of all people living in kalamazoo are single, without children (important to me), which brings the number down to 19,135. of that number, only 20% are between 20-40yrs old. that means only 3,827 women in that age bracket. now, just because they're "single" doesn't mean they aren't "taken", just not married, so let's say, for the sake of argument, 50% of them are taken. that brings the number down to 1913...

now those are only the basics - if one starts taking into account physical attributes (let's say 50% aren't attractive to you) and then add in interests, hobbies, health/exercise styles/interests, etc, (let's use 50% again for each of those, just for the discussion) that takes the number down to 239.

that's 239 women in a town of almost 70,000 who *might* be compatible. of course, at this point, you have to take into account what she's looking for - are your interests, hobbies, exercise/health habits compatible with hers? again using 50% that takes the number down to about 30. at this point, you have to factor in whether she'd even be attracted to you - giving the benefit of the doubt that people are fairly open-minded, again i'll use 50%. that's 15 women in a town of almost 70,000 - in other words, .00021949% of kalamazoo's population.

now, (and i can't even hazard a guess on how to calculate this) what are the chances that one of those 15 women will end up in the same place as you? google shows a list of 604 bars/restaurants in town, and 7 days in a week.(no, google didn't show that - i knew that one all by myself!!) :stuart: that means you have a 15/604 chance of being in the same place as one of them, and a 1/7 chance of being there on the same night. i also think it's a safe bet that 50% of them will be out on a date, since they're single.

so let's see... on any one particular night, a guy has a 1 in 563.733 chance of actually meeting a compatible woman....

and don't even get me started on whether you two will even get along!! :X

=P

Edited by torn asunder