Who Here Is Single

the more i think about it, single is the way to be - i've got way too much shit that i want to do, and most women i've ever met have been the type who need constant companionship/attention, which is fine, but not my style. know how hard it is to find someone who has their shit together, with a career/their own life, with whom you share a mutual physical attraction, and who agrees/is fine with seeing each other once/twice a week, at most? or if more often, shares your hobbies/priorities enough that the time you do spend together is constructive, and works with your mutual goals?

i did some calculations once, regarding the chances of finding someone that you'd like, letting alone the thought that they might like you back... kalamazoo (my town) has a population of 72,700 as of 2006 with an estimated annual population decline of approx. 6%, which would put 2008-2009 at roughly 68,340) only 28% of all people living in kalamazoo are single, without children (important to me), which brings the number down to 19,135. of that number, only 20% are between 20-40yrs old. that means only 3,827 women in that age bracket. now, just because they're "single" doesn't mean they aren't "taken", just not married, so let's say, for the sake of argument, 50% of them are taken. that brings the number down to 1913...

now those are only the basics - if one starts taking into account physical attributes (let's say 50% aren't attractive to you) and then add in interests, hobbies, health/exercise styles/interests, etc, (let's use 50% again for each of those, just for the discussion) that takes the number down to 239.

that's 239 women in a town of almost 70,000 who *might* be compatible. of course, at this point, you have to take into account what she's looking for - are your interests, hobbies, exercise/health habits compatible with hers? again using 50% that takes the number down to about 30. at this point, you have to factor in whether she'd even be attracted to you - giving the benefit of the doubt that people are fairly open-minded, again i'll use 50%. that's 15 women in a town of almost 70,000 - in other words, .00021949% of kalamazoo's population.

now, (and i can't even hazard a guess on how to calculate this) what are the chances that one of those 15 women will end up in the same place as you? google shows a list of 604 bars/restaurants in town, and 7 days in a week.(no, google didn't show that - i knew that one all by myself!!) :stuart: that means you have a 15/604 chance of being in the same place as one of them, and a 1/7 chance of being there on the same night. i also think it's a safe bet that 50% of them will be out on a date, since they're single.

so let's see... on any one particular night, a guy has a 1 in 563.733 chance of actually meeting a compatible woman....

and don't even get me started on whether you two will even get along!! :X

=P

...pray.. ;)

I now I sure won't date a meth head ever,or a piano case as well.

aside from that to me compatible is if they like you for who you are

accept your way of life,your type of work (employment your doing.)

your style of music,etc etc etc.

and will not try to change you for their liking.that is not good at all.

which is fine for dating, (and btw, i dig your philosophy on that) but not so much for longer-term stuff, in my experience.

Hmmmm... When it comes to long term stuff, it's just important to pick the RIGHT one, and don't take any shit.

I understand that not all wives are willing to share their husbands and vice versa.. But wouldn't that make life more fun for all?

I'm glad I waited for the one I found... I must just be one of those lucky ass guys.. haha Still need a hot girlfriend and a few more slaves tho...

Edited by sexslavetrainer

the more i think about it, single is the way to be - i've got way too much shit that i want to do, and most women i've ever met have been the type who need constant companionship/attention, which is fine, but not my style. know how hard it is to find someone who has their shit together, with a career/their own life, with whom you share a mutual physical attraction, and who agrees/is fine with seeing each other once/twice a week, at most? or if more often, shares your hobbies/priorities enough that the time you do spend together is constructive, and works with your mutual goals?

i did some calculations once, regarding the chances of finding someone that you'd like, letting alone the thought that they might like you back... kalamazoo (my town) has a population of 72,700 as of 2006 with an estimated annual population decline of approx. 6%, which would put 2008-2009 at roughly 68,340) only 28% of all people living in kalamazoo are single, without children (important to me), which brings the number down to 19,135. of that number, only 20% are between 20-40yrs old. that means only 3,827 women in that age bracket. now, just because they're "single" doesn't mean they aren't "taken", just not married, so let's say, for the sake of argument, 50% of them are taken. that brings the number down to 1913...

now those are only the basics - if one starts taking into account physical attributes (let's say 50% aren't attractive to you) and then add in interests, hobbies, health/exercise styles/interests, etc, (let's use 50% again for each of those, just for the discussion) that takes the number down to 239.

that's 239 women in a town of almost 70,000 who *might* be compatible. of course, at this point, you have to take into account what she's looking for - are your interests, hobbies, exercise/health habits compatible with hers? again using 50% that takes the number down to about 30. at this point, you have to factor in whether she'd even be attracted to you - giving the benefit of the doubt that people are fairly open-minded, again i'll use 50%. that's 15 women in a town of almost 70,000 - in other words, .00021949% of kalamazoo's population.

now, (and i can't even hazard a guess on how to calculate this) what are the chances that one of those 15 women will end up in the same place as you? google shows a list of 604 bars/restaurants in town, and 7 days in a week.(no, google didn't show that - i knew that one all by myself!!) :stuart: that means you have a 15/604 chance of being in the same place as one of them, and a 1/7 chance of being there on the same night. i also think it's a safe bet that 50% of them will be out on a date, since they're single.

so let's see... on any one particular night, a guy has a 1 in 563.733 chance of actually meeting a compatible woman....

and don't even get me started on whether you two will even get along!! :X

=P

btw, my math was off -

"which brings the number down to 19,135. of that number, only 20% are between 20-40yrs old. that means only 3,827 women in that age bracket. "

is incorrect - the ratio of women to men in that bracket in k'zoo is 48% men, 52% women, so 3827 actually becomes 1990, and all of the rest of my math gets reduced by 52% as well.

that means only a 1 in 1084.1019 chance... i also forgot to factor in the odds that both of you actually go out on the same night, and the fact that most people don't go out more than once/twice a weeklet's say it's once a week - you'd have to go out once a week for over 20 yrs to have gone out 1084 times... :rolleyes:

=P

well, then, :sorcerer: , i need a candle - what color would you suggest?

...red is a "fast" colour...it is also connected with love...which is what I believe you were looking for...

...like the one I already burnt for you... ;)

..last week :whistle:...(so it sat blessed & unlit for a week & a half...but I was BUSY...really busy!) :stuart:

Alright, i am still single...have been....dating someone exclusively...well thats generally how i date...apple of my eye if you will...saddened by this bcuz he is possibly leaving town relatively soon and this i dont like...not one bit. :( still however single for all it matters.....