Anxiety

twilight

Yeah. I am going to have to find a counselor this Spring. Its gotten worse. This morning I was crying for a long time. I bought Anxiety and Depression workbook for dummies today. Seems kind of a morid book to buy. I also bought some fun things as well.

I have to watch my caffeine and sugar intake, because those are triggers for me too.

Too much caffeine especially will launch me into a full anxiety attack.

Since I quit drinking alcohol, I have had less anxiety attacks, but I still have anxiety (it's actually a little worse, but that's because I still haven't learned how to properly deal with it).

Hormones as well, can make it complicaetd.

Lolas is almost 44 - and is in the early stages of menopause (dang - whcih lasts for years!!!).....her hormone changes have definately brought some edge back to her dealings with anxiety, and she recognizes this. She just recently started on estrogen skin cream to help with it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been diagnosed with a severe form of GAD=generalized anxiety disorder.

I used to have panic attacks that were so bad, they thought for a long time that I had epilepsy.

I am on medication now and I havent had a panic attack in a while.

I still get anxious though. I worry a lot. I think that that is the worst form of anxiety.

I hope that you find a good counselor that you can really open up to soon.

I have been diagnosed with a severe form of GAD=generalized anxiety disorder.

I used to have panic attacks that were so bad, they thought for a long time that I had epilepsy.

I am on medication now and I havent had a panic attack in a while.

I still get anxious though. I worry a lot. I think that that is the worst form of anxiety.

I hope that you find a good counselor that you can really open up to soon.

Yeah I was diagnosed with GAD. One counselor said I needed meds only because I cried during most of the inital interview. I was on my period at the time and I always cry when I remember painful things. Another said I could do very well without meds.

I have a theory that I might do better if I had better living arrangements. We will see.

Personally, I think that if it's something that hits you now and again, but doesnt interfere with your ability to function, then environmental changes and talking to people can help a lot. But if the condition is bad enough that you have days you cant deal with everyday life and cant function, it's severe enough that considering at least the kind of meds you can take for an 'episode' might be smart. Maybe something that you don have to take every day, just when it's a problem. But if you cant function when its happening, it might be time for meds.

Personally, I think that if it's something that hits you now and again, but doesnt interfere with your ability to function, then environmental changes and talking to people can help a lot. But if the condition is bad enough that you have days you cant deal with everyday life and cant function, it's severe enough that considering at least the kind of meds you can take for an 'episode' might be smart. Maybe something that you don have to take every day, just when it's a problem. But if you cant function when its happening, it might be time for meds.

Exactly.

Unfortunately, I have anxieties about drugs too. I would be worried about side effects. If they had one that would have less side effects I might try it as long as it doesn't mess with my sotmach.

Hrm.

You know what you could look into, there is an "Rx Bible" *thats what my mom calls it*, that you could get online or at your local bookstore.

My mom is a caseworker for Macomb county, and she will always ask me what type of drugs I am on even when I get sick, so that she can tell me what I can and can't do when I am on it.

heres the site for the book

Maybe this would help you? You can get it either new or used.

Good news. It turns out my stomach troubles wasn't anxiety.

My ultrasound showed sludge in my gall bladder and that is why I have been so sick to my stomach. I have an appointment with a surgeon to see if I need my gall bladder removed or if I just need the sludge drained.

I am confused about work though. When they doctor told me I should miss work today, work said I cannot work until I get my doctor's approval. I suppose I could take the phenergan and see how I feel and ask my doctor if I am okay later today.

Good news. It turns out my stomach troubles wasn't anxiety.

My ultrasound showed sludge in my gall bladder and that is why I have been so sick to my stomach. I have an appointment with a surgeon to see if I need my gall bladder removed or if I just need the sludge drained.

I am confused about work though. When they doctor told me I should miss work today, work said I cannot work until I get my doctor's approval. I suppose I could take the phenergan and see how I feel and ask my doctor if I am okay later today.

Sludge???? :fear:

Sludge???? :fear:

Yeah. I hear about gallstones all the time but not sludge. Dad calls me sludgey now

I am still confused about working though. I mean I am only missing today b/c not eating but work said I am not allowed to work unless my doc says it is okay. I am worried about my job and my job rating for all this.

(Chimes in late)

I have anxiety issues, and I have gotten and I am continueing to get help for them... Medications and such...

Most of my anxiety is about $$$... but some of it is whether or not I am doing the right thing...

I am glad to say I am getting better....

In the short term, two things that really help with my anxiety are sex/affection and food.... I know not very helpful but they can in some instances.

In the short term, two things that really help with my anxiety are sex/affection and food.... I know not very helpful but they can in some instances.

And me, with my issues, I am the opposite. I want to be left alone and I don't want to eat. LOL.

but painful if they take the whole thing ...

Actually, at least for me, the pain of having my gallbladder removed was nothing compared to the pain that it was causing me beforehand. After the first two days, I didn't even need to take the painkillers. Having my wisdom teeth removed was five times worse than having my gallbladder removed.

Anyway, good luck with whatever they decide to do.

Actually, at least for me, the pain of having my gallbladder removed was nothing compared to the pain that it was causing me beforehand. After the first two days, I didn't even need to take the painkillers.

My Mom said the same thing. She had her's taken out when I was 16. Actually, it was on my 16th birthday ... so 12 years ago. She said it was relatively painless and all she had to take was OTC Tylenol for a couple of days.

but painful if they take the whole thing ...

a little time off to rest is not a bad thing. And it fixes pain that could go on for a long time..... better to have the thing out than have it trouble you.... or possibly rupture. That would be bad....

When it comes to issues like anxiety and depression... I know they are common and that sometimes it feels like one should just tough it through.... but honestly, if you have a problem, I think the only responsible thing to do is get help for it.

Even if you think YOU can deal with it without help, one has to consider those around you and how they might be affected. Knowing there is a problem and no gettting any help? No sympathy from me....

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. I haven't been on in forever. Well to make a long story short I had my gall bladder surgery on Feb 26. Had complications, ended up back in the hospital on the next day. Ended up in the ICU with an 102 temp and heart rate of 157. Finally released a week ago today. It has been hell ....

Archived