Now Reading... (or Recently Finished)

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Megalicious

prozac Nation .. Im trying for the second time ..though the first time I got threw half of it ... In never finished it.

I am reading the submissions for TABLOID PURPOSES III, damn I got some good ones in here and I am taking submissions for it. I am sorting out the stories as I speak and trying to figure out who is going to be in it. Also reading Sacrifice by Macey Wuesthoff, this is a damn good write in the vein of old school Stephen King. I am also reading my own anthology, Quakes and Storms: A Natural Disaster Anthology since Erin Mackay is featured in Corpse Blossoms.

Edited by NickolausPacione

I am reading two boosk: Sabotage and Subversion; and Making a Killing: how coroporations use violence to do business.

Light reading actually.

I recommend the second one... it starts out with Cecil Rhodes and continues through King Leopold of Belgium, Oppenheimer and his obsession with controlling africas diamonds and on to the Oil corporations in the third world.

Edited by ZhukovCodeslinger

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Megalicious

I'm trying to make it through 1984 by orwell... I just can't seem to do it. Perhaps it's the monkey in my tummy that is consently kicking me..... :happy:

Lolita

I'm not that far through it, I'm only reading it because it's loosely related to the second novel I'm working on myself. It's well written though, even if it is about a dirty old dude and geh...someone much much younger.

Guest Megalicious

I'm not reading anything at the moment. I have tried to search for something .. but nothing really seems worth the time. Any suggestions?

I'm not reading anything at the moment. I have tried to search for something .. but nothing really seems worth the time. Any suggestions?

What do you like? Fiction, Nonfiction.... give me a guildline

Guest Megalicious

What do you like? Fiction, Nonfiction.... give me a guildline

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like a bit of everything Phee. Just looking for something worth my time, everything I have pick up lately has been good, but just not great.

Sci-Fi:

The "Nine Princes in Amber Series" - Roger Zelazny

"Enders Game" - Orson Scott Card

"Snowcrash" - Neil Stephenson

Historical Fiction:

"The Alienist" - Caleb Carr

Anything by Clive Barker...

"Satanic Veres" Salmon Rushti (sp?)

Nonfiction:

Hmmm.... "Into Thin Air" - John Krakaur

My dad read that, he said its really informative and in depth, he loved it, hope u enjoy as well.

For some odd reason, I like Jonny Cash. I saw "Walk the Line" a couple months ago and thought it was excellent.

I hope I enjoy the book as well.. :wink

prozac Nation .. Im trying for the second time ..though the first time I got threw half of it ... In never finished it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah...she is so full of self pity it kinda sickens me. But I did love that book. She wrote another entitled "More, Now, Again" about her addiction to Ritalin. I didnt finish that one.

The book I am reading now is an autobiography entitled "The Burn Book." Its about a 14 year old boy suffering from depression that set himself on fire to kill himself and ended up surviving with burns on over 85% of his body. Its about his recovery etc. I really need to pick up some lighter reading. (ha ha) Especially considering how depressed I have been latley. Any suggestions?

Yeah...she is so full of self pity it kinda sickens me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed.

The book I am reading now is an autobiography entitled "The Burn Book." Its about a 14 year old boy suffering from depression that set himself on fire to kill himself and ended up surviving with burns on over 85% of his body. Its about his recovery etc.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds interesting...heehee I read a lot of depressing nonfiction too.