Candy's Iraq Updates!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UPDATE:

I'm here in Iraq. I made it to Ramdi, and I am with my new unit. They are jacked up, and their comand sucks. I've never been more scared to work with these people. I was belittled by the 1st SGT upon meeting him. If you aren't original 718th, then he wants little to nothing to do with you.

On the upside, I will be heading home in July.

Thats my only upside to this. I am going to talk to the Chaplin today and tell him I need out of the 718th, and see if I can go into the comand of where 3 people from the 983rd are stationed.

Wish me luck..... :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

Do you have any pals that want a penpal to write in the states?

The MYSOLDIER program is kinda not helping me much. I'd love to be able to make someoen smile and send them stuff to make them remember home and things that they will have to come back to.

Male or female ..I don't care as long as they will write me back.

If you need something or wanna write..lemme know that too babes.

Praying for you all! :respect:

• 2 weeks later...

Hang in there doll. Is there anything you want or need that we can send? Thinking of ya *hugs*

I am not a picky person. I tell everyone that, because I feel thankful when somebody thinks of me.

I tell people that when you go out to Meijers or whereever, and you see something that catches your eye after meeting me in person, and you go, "wow, Candy would love that", then you are probably right.

You can send me anything, and I do mean ANYTHING. They do not check my mail here, so feel free. I thank you in advance.

I've never talked to you but I'm going to be sending you a care package too.. or something of the sorts. I can only imagine how hard it is to be away from home, family and friends... and the simple pleasures we take for granted.

You are in my thoughts and I wish you a safe and happy holiday. :welcome:

I'm not a picky person when it comes to things. I love Capt. Morgens and just about anytype of vodka.

I thank you for sending me a package in advance. I have very poor internet here. So when I get it, it may take awhile for me to hop online and send a thank you. :happy:

Straybullet42 was in the Navy and he suggested we give you a "special" Nestle Quick bottle with your favorite rum, vodka, tequila.... so lemme know what you want hun, if you do want anything of the sorts. :happy:

I'll be mailing out your package either tomorrow or Saturday.

Hope you all are having a wonderful christmas!

Its 7pm over here, and its 11am in MI. So I had my holiday.

I hope you all have fun at CC tonight. I miss you all bunches!

We miss you too,hope your back soon safe and sound,Take care,we'll be thinking of you

• 1 month later...

I know its been awhile since I last undated. But heres whats been going on with me.

1.) I'm back from AQ, and I am back in Ramadi.

2.) working on other platoon's projects because we know how to get them done right the first time.

3.) Not Sleeping... HURRAY... :drool

I'm not a supporter anymore because Odims has not sent me my card yet. Once that gets activated, I'll be back on the board.

I miss you guys everyday.

I am countind down the days.

Archived