Candy's Iraq Updates!

Hi all. As most of you know, I am no longer in Michigan. I am now in Ft. McCoy in WI. But this is just for alittle while. After this, I will be heading to Ft. Bliss TX, to do my training.

I would make alot more MySpace posts, but this computer wont let me get into myspace. Oh well. That, and I told persons that I would make a topic for me and my trip to and home from Iraq.

I put this in the Relationships topic because well, this is about my life for the next year or less. I think I made a good choice by putting it in here. If I didn't, oh well, not changing it.

I will make as many posts in here as I can. I cannot say that I will be online everyday because I don't know what I am walking into just yet. I will let you all know when I know. Sound fair? Good.

I want all of you to know that I miss you all. I am going to be missing alot of things this year, just like I did when I left last time. Just this time, there are kids involved. And I don't just mean Odims and Phee. I mean my 3 step kids. My biggest fear is that they are too young to remember me, and I scared of that. That I'll come home on leave or something like that, and they won't want to play, or do anything with me.

I'm affraid that Odims and I won't be like we where. But I know I'm not leaving him, and he's not leaving me, so I don't have that to worry about. I just worry that I'll change too much.

But then again, I worry way too much about things. I really need to just take one step at a time and worry when things happen, right? Okay, well, I've posted a nice size post for you all to read. Have fun, take care, and be safe with yourself and one another.

-Candy Quackenbush-

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow Iraq, shitty deal.. been there before, don't worry too much, as long as you can keep your whits about you, and don't get too traumatized by close calls, you'll come back with not as much sanity, but still a hefty bunch more than everyone else. And although it might SOUND funny, do not try the Star Wars "we don't need clearance to pass" use the force mind trick at any gate guards... they don't have a sence of humor.

I've never been in the military myself but previous to the last generation, my family is an "army family". I think someone in my family has been in every war on U.S. soil back to the revolution. All our foreign wars previous to Iraq I. Not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing.

I don't really "know" you candy but you seem very nice. I hope things work out well for you. Hopefully some random comment someone makes on dgn will give you a smile.

*sends happy thoughts* :wave

Wow Iraq, shitty deal.. been there before, don't worry too much, as long as you can keep your whits about you, and don't get too traumatized by close calls, you'll come back with not as much sanity, but still a hefty bunch more than everyone else. And although it might SOUND funny, do not try the Star Wars "we don't need clearance to pass" use the force mind trick at any gate guards... they don't have a sence of humor.

Oh this is tour number 2 for me. And I'll be in the same spot as last time. I'm going back to Camp Ar Ramadi. I'm not to scared this time.

I've never been in the military myself but previous to the last generation, my family is an "army family". I think someone in my family has been in every war on U.S. soil back to the revolution. All our foreign wars previous to Iraq I. Not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing.

I don't really "know" you candy but you seem very nice. I hope things work out well for you. Hopefully some random comment someone makes on dgn will give you a smile.

*sends happy thoughts* :wave

Thanks Troy. Its good to know that I have so many people that support me.

WEll my status hasn't changed much. It looks like I'm going to be here for another week. I should be getting out of here on the 3rd of November.

I just stated to Steven was about my COTTADs. This is paper work that the Army has to do so that you can go back over seas for a second or third time. I am only aloud about 259 more days activated. Not even a full year. My COTTAD is up in August. So instead of signing another COTTAD to let me stay for the extra month, I just might come home instead.

With accordence to AR 135-210, if I DO NOT sign that next COTTAD, I HAVE to be released before that day.

So, should I or shouldn't I sign my next COTTAD? I'm going with I shouldn't sign it. That means I could be home July/August. So then all you little school kiddies can come to CC for my Welcome Home Party! :happydance

Right? :wink

Is Fort McCoy where they send everyone before they go to Iraq?? Like 3 of my friends who are either reservists or active duty also went to Ft. McCoy just before they left for Iraq.. Hmmm.

Well anyway, have "fun" I guess.. Be safe, watch yer arse.

Archived