Medea's "Welcome Back Brenda" BBQ

Medea

Hrm, since I don't seem to be allowed to edit my previous post, here is just a repost of it:

That's right folks, the Second Annual Gothic Barbeque is coming around, this time it is in conjunction with the illustrious BrendaStarrr's return to Detroit!  :woot:

The event will be held on Saturday, September 30 2006, starting about 3pm at my place, just like last year.

I will be providing hamburgers and hot dogs for this event.  Anything else would be pot luck.  For those of you joining us, I would also appreciate a message in this thread saying what you will bring, be it soda, beer, chips, potato salad, whatever.  K?

Thanks ahead of time!

Directions:

Taking I-94:

Take I-94 towards Detroit to I-75 South. 

After you get off the interchange, the exit you are looking for is the MACK exit.

Take a left over the freeway immediately after exiting. 

Take another left so that you are now on the service drive.  (You are performing a bit of a U-turn to backtrack back to my place)

Take a left at the first light, which should be CANFIELD St.

You should pass a large church on the right.  Turn into the parking lot and come find me in the backyard.

Taking I-75 SOUTH:

Take I-75 S to exit 53A, the WARREN exit.

Continue along the service drive to the second light, which will be CANFIELD St.

Turn RIGHT on CANFIELD and go past the church to the parking lot next to it.

Park and join me in the backyard.

Taking I-75 NORTH:

Take I-75 N to the MACK exit.

Continue along the service drive to the second light, which will be CANFIELD st.

Take a left on CANFIELD.

You should pass a large church on the right.  Turn right into the parking lot next to the church and find me in the backyard.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(hope this works for you, medea!) :wink

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's right folks, the Second Annual Gothic Barbeque is coming around, this time it is in conjunction with the illustrious BrendaStarrr's return to Detroit!  :woot:

The event will be held on Friday, September 29, 2006, starting about  5pm at my place, just like last year.

Those who would like to come along, please PM me for directions.

I will be providing hamburgers and hot dogs for this event.  Anything else would be pot luck.  For those of you joining us, I would also appreciate a message in this thread saying what you will bring, be it soda, beer, chips, potato salad, whatever.  K?

Thanks ahead of time!

Can I shoot (Photograph) people in your dad's church? :whistling

Can I shoot (Photograph) people in your dad's church?  :whistling

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha, as long as there would be no ... sacreligious-ness going on, sure. (i.e., no humping the crucifix or anything)

Headlessgoth and I will be there for sure! You are on the phone with him this very moment. Hopefully it will not be as HOT as last years BBQ was. I think it was on the hottest day of the year last year, but still lots of fun! Headlessgoth's birthday is on the 27th so we will be celebrating his birthday as well. Looking forward to it Medea, its been way too long since we have seen you!!

No one gets shot in the church, but the church looking house next door that they live in, sure.

What's funny is I'll have my hearse there, and yes I plan on going (if only for a few hours depending on if I have to work or not, if not I'll bring music).

No one gets shot in the church, but the church looking house next door that they live in, sure.

What's funny is I'll have my hearse there, and yes I plan on going (if only for a few hours depending on if I have to work or not, if not I'll bring music).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I want to be shot in your hearse.

Headlessgoth and I will be there for sure! You are on the phone with him this very moment.  Hopefully it will not be as HOT as  last years BBQ was. I think it was on the hottest day of the year last year, but still lots of fun!  Headlessgoth's birthday is on the 27th so we will be celebrating his birthday as well.  Looking forward to it Medea, its been way too long since we have seen you!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It'll be at the end of September, so hopefully it's not going to be too hot. And my b-day is the 23rd! I'll celebrate with you!

Yeah, I'm so glad everyone is into this again.

And ScaryGuy, I've already asked and I've been told pictures in the church will be fine as long as the groups are small, and as long as nobody touches anything.

Personally, I think photos in front of the statues and candles, or the altar, would be neat.

Archived