OMG!

Homicidalheathen

People are going to hate me but HIV is a necessary evil invented by nature.

There is sever overpopulation of the planet, and this is natural population control.

Watched too much Blue Gender on Cartoon Network I think heh. At least HIV doesn't violantly rip you in half. Though a quick death that way would probably be more humane.

Speaking just of the United States, we are not overpopulated. Last I heard we have already reached zero population growth. What our world needs is effective and available birth control, not sitting back heartlessly and letting nature take it's course. Sometimes I think we should be carpet bombing condoms instead of bombs.

I'm surprised at this type of attitude from any of you here.

We have intelligence and technology to fight disease and I am happy to see any advancement in this area. Think back over your life and I'd say over half of us would be dead right now if nature had taken it's course with us.

Don't get your hopes up yet. This is all entirely in the "in vitro", or cell culture stage. Many drugs look promising at this stage, but don't ultimately pan out.

We could certainly use less people in this world, but I think preventing new births is the way to go over prolonged suffering.

Speaking just of the United States, we are not overpopulated.  Last I heard we have already reached zero population growth.  What our world needs is effective and available birth control, not sitting back heartlessly and letting nature take it's course.  Sometimes I think we should be carpet bombing condoms instead of bombs.

I'm surprised at this type of attitude from any of you here. 

We have intelligence and technology to fight disease and I am happy to see any advancement in this area.  Think back over your life and I'd say over half of us would be dead right now if nature had taken it's course with us.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have two very close friends who are HIV positive. I would love nothing more than for them to live long, wonderful lives. Advancement is key to their survival.

I agree with Onyx also, we have the ability to stop this from spreading just from birth control. The problem is getting it out to the people who need it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AIDS/HIV will never be completely erradicated, despite our best efforts, unless someone finds a way to deliver it through an inhaled mechanism, such as a gas that would be impossible to escape and on a very massive scale.

The main attitude in many parts of Africa among men, for instance, is that having a homosexual relationship means that you're not cheating on your spouse since it's not a female partner. Also, because of the economy of the country and attitudes about birth control, condoms are not used often, if at all.

People are going to travel. Say someone from Europe takes holiday in Africa and has a little vacation romance. They're automatically setting themselves up to "take something home" with them.

Archived