Do you remember....?

Fierce Critter

Is there something from the past you don't see much of anymore, if at all?

For instance, Squirt soda. It was a grapefruit-flavored citrus soda, and I remember it 'cause it was a popular mixer at family parties (Gin & Squirt). Not sure it's even made anymore.

Faygo had a nasty, diet-flavored version called Frosh.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You dont see Squirt anymore? Maybe it's a southeren thing, because it's sold everywhere here and I have as yet to go to a bar where it's not a standard mixer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

After I posted this, I did a search and came up with a fan website. Apparently, it's bottled by a company in Michigan, and even they don't have a site for it.

From what I read, it's "endangered". Apparently not being sold on the east coast anymore, so that's probably why I don't see it down here.

"Arctic Sun"... I remember the name, but what flavor was it?

Squirt is bottled in every state it is sold in, the syrup is made in Georgia by a little company you may have heard of http://www.coca-cola.com They distribute the syrup to local bottling companies, who distribute to the stores and vending companys. Just like the rest of their soda products.

What I miss... Nihi soda. Peach Nihi..mmmmmmmmm

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i miss the nehi too. http://www.popsoda.com/nehisodas.html you can still buy it there though. ;)

How about New York Seltzer? Apparently it still exists but not in the same 10 ounce glass containers but rather a typical 16 ounce plastic container. I havn't seen it in stores since about 1988 though. Anyone else remember it?

How about girbaud Jeans? Z Cavarricci pants? IOU pants?

Now there are still a couple of Hardees around metro Detroit but before they were all over. I know it's still a National chain but in Michigan they have really declined.

Archived