Your family has a military history.  I'm sure you've learned a great deal from that.  But until you've strapped on your weapon and made the sacrifices that these men and women do - there is a great deal that you simply do not understand, and you never will from the sidelines.  This is why Vets have an unspoken "thing" between them.  That is why we love our country - our duty - our freedom - our points of view - even if they seem limited or short sighted to you - we PAID for that freedom and point of view.  We lost relationsips and family for it, faced financial hardship, battled desperate loneliness, and broke our bodies for it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with all of your points Steven, and while my posts may have come across as belittling that was not my intention. Anyone who knows me well enough knows that if ever America's soil was threatened, I would be the first to enlist. I was on my way to my recruiter after the 9-11 incident when my kid's mom called me and said if I enlisted, she'd never let me see my daughter again. I still took some time to consider going anyways, until we stopped the war on terrorism and started a war with Iraq. I'd gladly go to war to hunt for Bin Laden any day of the week, however I was not willing to lay down my life to attack an innocent country, their people, and their soldiers.

This is why I made my statement that anyone who thinks fighting Iraqis is a service to America is a moron. I felt this was common sense, and did not feel I would be insulting anyone. The majority of our military force is in a country that never asked us to be there, while our enemy is getting away. All of the lives lost in the twin tower incident apparently mean nothing to America and this deeply saddens me. I lost people I cared about in that incident, and I can't help but be outraged that we as a nation would let this happen. I don't see how the blood spilt on our own soil is being avenged, nor do I see how the war on terrorism is being carried out. I have nothing but respect for the soldiers in Iraq. They are just following orders. The one's who give these orders however, are comparable to Hitler. Lust for power, greed, and prejudice are not good reasons to send our soldiers to the battlefields. Defending and avenging our country are good reasons though. Neither of those purposes are being served currently.

On the otherhand, I think Bush is a tryant who would kill anyone for money. His greed as well as the greed of corporate America has compromised justice for the lives lost on our own soil. Making a scapegoat out of Iraq when our people were already angry is a war crime that Bush should be tried for. He knew full well how the American people felt about Iraq when he made this decision. He knew that he would have our support, and would probably be re-elected despite the fact that he let the enemy (his friend I might add) go. When a man will protect his friend who is an enemy of our entire country that man has no place ruling our country. So yes this is a very touchy subject for me, because I want justice for our country and for the innocent people who were just going about their everday lives, working, making sure their families were provided for, etc. I can't help but take this personally, and be outraged that no one else feels the same.

I will apologize for my belittling statements, however I will not apologize for my passion or my anger. Bin Laden and Bush both need to pay for their crimes, and we shouldn't have to wait for God to bring them to justice.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with all of your points Steven, and while my posts may have come across as belittling that was not my intention.  Anyone who knows me well enough knows that if ever America's soil was threatened, I would be the first to enlist.  I was on my way to my recruiter after the 9-11 incident when my kid's mom called me and said if I enlisted, she'd never let me see my daughter again.  I still took some time to consider going anyways, until we stopped the war on terrorism and started a war with Iraq.  I'd gladly go to war to hunt for Bin Laden any day of the week, however I was not willing to lay down my life to attack an innocent country, their people, and their soldiers.

This is why I made my statement that anyone who thinks fighting Iraqis is a service to America is a moron.  I felt this was common sense, and did not feel I would be insulting anyone.  The majority of our military force is in a country that never asked us to be there, while our enemy is getting away.  All of the lives lost in the twin tower incident apparently mean nothing to America and this deeply saddens me.  I lost people I cared about in that incident, and I can't help but be outraged that we as a nation would let this happen.  I don't see how the blood spilt on our own soil is being avenged, nor do I see how the war on terrorism is being carried out.  I have nothing but respect for the soldiers in Iraq.  They are just following orders.  The one's who give these orders however, are comparable to Hitler.  Lust for power, greed, and prejudice are not good reasons to send our soldiers to the battlefields.  Defending and avenging our country are good reasons though.  Neither of those purposes are being served currently.

On the otherhand, I think Bush is a tryant who would kill anyone for money.  His greed as well as the greed of corporate America has compromised justice for the lives lost on our own soil.  Making a scapegoat out of Iraq when our people were already angry is a war crime that Bush should be tried for.  He knew full well how the American people felt about Iraq when he made this decision.  He knew that he would have our support, and would probably be re-elected despite the fact that he let the enemy (his friend I might add) go.  When a man will protect his friend who is an enemy of our entire country that man has no place ruling our country.  So yes this is a very touchy subject for me, because I want justice for our country and for the innocent people who were just going about their everday lives, working, making sure their families were provided for, etc.  I can't help but take this personally, and be outraged that no one else feels the same.

I will apologize for my belittling statements, however I will not apologize for my passion or my anger.  Bin Laden and Bush both need to pay for their crimes, and we shouldn't have to wait for God to bring them to justice.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Pickle.

I've been working in Indiana since Tuesday and I just now got home to read the latest on this thread.

I'll have to give some thought to yoru recent post (I need sleep) but let me at least say that I'm glad you passionately defend your positions, and this includes your anger that you feel, which is your right to feel... as a young man, as a an american, as a father, as a human.... I understand.

I'll always choose to spend my time with folks who at least are willing to stand on their beleifs - I have much respect for this, and the world needs it.

Keep doing your thing Pickle. You seem like a pretty good guy to me.

Steven

What is this? a love-in?

More Anger !!!!!!!!!

Dischord!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND

Baseball bats!!!!!!!!!

Ok, ok agree to disagree.

Honestly, at this point I just hope FarrIL's doing okay.

It's so easy to get caught up in our passionate viewpoints that while we're sticking our heads up our own asses, we forget about how a person truly feels that's going through this.

FarrIL, I don't know if we made you comforted, frustrasted, angry, or confused,

but know that our hearts are with you and I think I can speak for everyone when I say I hope he gets home safely and we can celebrate his safe return soon.

Hi FarrIL, don't let what these humyucks are arguing about bring you down you have a true Love and concern for your brother and I respect that and i send you and him all my thoughts and all my energy that he'll come back home to you. Sometimes people get all wrapped up in what they think other people should be thinking that they miss that someone is truly hurting here and maybe needs a little love and kindness and maybe some guidence and not opinion. OOPPPSS sorry that was my opinion.........But my thoughts go out to you and yours :grouphug

What is this? a love-in?

More Anger !!!!!!!!!

Dischord!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND

Baseball bats!!!!!!!!!

Ok, ok agree to disagree. 

Honestly, at this point I just hope FarrIL's doing okay. 

It's so easy to get caught up in our passionate viewpoints that while we're sticking our heads up our own asses, we forget about how a person truly feels that's going through this. 

FarrIL, I don't know if we made you comforted, frustrasted, angry, or confused,

but know that our hearts are with you and I think I can speak for everyone when I say I hope he gets home safely and we can celebrate his safe return soon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks for the re-focus.

God bless you Farril.

Steven

Archived