NYE 2023

n0Mad

Well if I wasn't sick I'd be at Eastern Palace for Happy Endings, but since it looks like I will be I will just stay home.  Our calendar system is stupid and much better systems exist, but no we have to use this one because tradition/religion or some bullshit with July and August shoehorned in there throwing off the names of the months of September onward.

Also, fuck Smalls.

Edited by Scary Guy
Informational links are fun!

Not making it out this year. Want to be in bed by 10 tonight. I'm tired and cranky and stayed up until 3 AM last night building an entertainment center. Had to do extra as the brain childs who designed this thing totally spaced on considering pre fitted screw holes to hold the top part in place so I had to improvise today. Already beat and think I broke my rib again trying to lift the fucking thing up off the ground. Almost done though.

The Eternal came over and hung out with Jeff and I, our daughter, and one of our friends. We had the best time, popped the cork on some champagne at midnight, and I can’t believe I was up past 2 AM. That never happens. But it was definitely fun and I wasn’t surrounded by a bunch of people.

1 hour ago, Anna Phylaxis said:

The Eternal came over and hung out with Jeff and I, our daughter, and one of our friends. We had the best time, popped the cork on some champagne at midnight, and I can’t believe I was up past 2 AM. That never happens. But it was definitely fun and I wasn’t surrounded by a bunch of people.

Sounds lovely. ☺️

On 1/1/2024 at 7:51 PM, n0Mad said:

Sounds lovely. ☺️

It was. We didn’t have any plans on having anyone over for New Year’s Eve. We were just gonna be old farts and watch TV and probably fall asleep before the ball dropped, but no. The Eternal  and another friend of ours conspired to raid our house. Luckily, they let us know a couple days ahead of time and we made sure we had snacks. 

• 2 weeks later...