What Did You Cook/Bake?

I took grouper fish, I added fresh parsley, fresh garlic, a pinch of an Asian fish herb mix, pepper, salt, shallots, and chili to butter. Added the mix to the fish. Warmed up grapeseed oil and a bay leaf to the skillet, and gently cooked. 

The veggies are just salt and pepper broccoli and cauliflower air fried. 

PSX_20230803_142559.jpg

Edited by Queen of Foxes

1 minute ago, Msterbeau said:

People keep talking about lasagna lately. I need to make my mom’s lasagna recipe. It is the bestest.  I will let you know when I actually make it.  

Perhaps I should invited people over and share it?  Or be my usual greedy self? 🤔

Barilla makes really good gluten free pasta that tastes just like semolina.

2 minutes ago, Slogo said:

Lately its been pizza

20230722_181012~2.jpg

4 hours ago, Msterbeau said:

I used to get into fights with my ex wife because the recipe used cottage cheese and not ricotta cheese. She claimed the Italians were coming over with pitchforks.  

As a chef, I say do both. Why settle for one? Olives came from both Iran, Asia Minor, and Mediterranean areas. Settling for just one is boring. 

5 hours ago, gwen said:

i just made a nice rib dinner for someone

cut and washed his fruits n veggies

boiled his meat

fixed his potatos

and i cant

eat any of it myself.

At least you can smell it I guess?

But that's nice of you in any case.

My passion for culinary dishes has been returning, rather slowly, but still coming back none the less. (3 full time kitchen jobs for a whole year will burn you out). Where now I am starting to want to cook instead of feeling obligated to cook. Last night was tacos. Not the most impressive dish to fix up, but pretty good for a work night especially since I do my own seasoning mix. No pictures, but aside from the seasoned beef, I diced Roma tomatoes, chopped Romain lettuce, sliced black olives, and actually minced a small shallot and crushed garlic clove to the beef instead of using garlic and onion powder. I'll eventually replace the chili and cumin powder with actual chilis and cumin. No Jalapeno yet, kids won't like the heat, but soon enough.

Going to do a roast beef this Sunday. It's been a while since I did one of those.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/10/2023 at 9:03 AM, know_buddy_kares said:

My passion for culinary dishes has been returning, rather slowly, but still coming back none the less. (3 full time kitchen jobs for a whole year will burn you out). Where now I am starting to want to cook instead of feeling obligated to cook. Last night was tacos. Not the most impressive dish to fix up, but pretty good for a work night especially since I do my own seasoning mix. No pictures, but aside from the seasoned beef, I diced Roma tomatoes, chopped Romain lettuce, sliced black olives, and actually minced a small shallot and crushed garlic clove to the beef instead of using garlic and onion powder. I'll eventually replace the chili and cumin powder with actual chilis and cumin. No Jalapeno yet, kids won't like the heat, but soon enough.

Going to do a roast beef this Sunday. It's been a while since I did one of those.

I know the feeling of kitchen burn out. Working in a kitchen at my area's major airport as a prep cook. I'm wanting to make split pea and ham soup at some point. I got some fresh veggies and for some reason wanna make beef stew before the veggies go bad. I have a bunch of frozen meats (ranging from a full small chicken, to different cuts of beef, and fish. All of that from a food pantry I've been going to.