Asylum Windsor

On 8/6/2023 at 3:49 AM, Serxera said:

Was a great set. Glad I finally managed to get over and check it out.

No vax card necessary. An enhanced driver's license is all one needs to cross over. A passport will work as well obviously.

Glad you enjoyed! Next time say hello, I'm easy to spot! 

• TronRP pinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...

This should really be the new DGN night, even if it isn't in Detroit or even the country.

I got back like two hours ago but I saw SO many people including but not limited to:

@Serxera (he drove)

@Raev

@*Siren*

@Msterbeau

Okay that's like four confirmed anyway.  There are a few others that I'm not sure whether or not they have accounts, and if they do then they haven't used them in forever, and if they don't then they need them.  Even the people I didn't really know were pretty nice.

Which brings me to also we need business cards to hand out to people and maybe stickers to put around places too.

Finally the tunnel was pretty easy other than needing to pay the toll with credit.

I'll definitely try to go back, even if I have to leave my firearms at home :(

I need to invest in a hook cane or umbrella.

14 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

This should really be the new DGN night, even if it isn't in Detroit or even the country.

I got back like two hours ago but I saw SO many people including but not limited to:

@Serxera (he drove)

@Raev

@*Siren*

@Msterbeau

Okay that's like four confirmed anyway.  There are a few others that I'm not sure whether or not they have accounts, and if they do then they haven't used them in forever, and if they don't then they need them.  Even the people I didn't really know were pretty nice.

Which brings me to also we need business cards to hand out to people and maybe stickers to put around places too.

Finally the tunnel was pretty easy other than needing to pay the toll with credit.

I'll definitely try to go back, even if I have to leave my firearms at home 😞

It was wonderful to see you out.

We would absolutely be willing to host DGN night at Asylum if people are interested. I miss DGN nights.

On 9/3/2023 at 4:11 AM, Scary Guy said:

@Serxera (he drove)

@Raev

@*Siren*

@Msterbeau

I'll definitely try to go back, even if I have to leave my firearms at home 😞

There is a service where you prepay money ($75) to an account, they send you a windshield sticker and you basically just cruise through the toll both area without dealing with credit card/paying nonsense. You get a discount on the toll too.  Not really worth it if you don't go regularly but definitely worth it if you do.  

https://nexpress.dwtunnel.com

Also, nice to see you.  🙂

• 3 months later...

Looks like I might be making an appearance with @Serxera tonight.

EDIT: It was a lot of fun.  Really good crowd.

I hear there's a similar themed event called Dark Entries on the 20th I might check out.  You know it's a good night if I'm willing to put up with boarder bullshit (both going and coming back!)

Edited by Scary Guy

• 4 weeks later...

Well myself and @Serxera got kicked out by proxy since there was some drama with Chelsea and a DJ (or his wife.) She even called and tried to make sure things were cool before hand.  It's been over 10 years but I guess things are still not cool.

Whatever, we got some food and went back.  Thought for a second about "Shrek Rave" but decided against it since it's overpriced and we'd probably hate the music anyway.

Not sure what they're doing now but I decided to just stay home.  I'll go hang out at his place tomorrow anyway.

But it was good seeing everyone for those five minutes.  Looking forward to next  month.

Edited by Scary Guy

On 2/3/2024 at 11:09 PM, Scary Guy said:

Well myself and @Serxera got kicked out by proxy since there was some drama with Chelsea and a DJ (or his wife.) She even called and tried to make sure things were cool before hand.  It's been over 10 years but I guess things are still not cool.

Whatever, we got some food and went back.  Thought for a second about "Shrek Rave" but decided against it since it's overpriced and we'd probably hate the music anyway.

Not sure what they're doing now but I decided to just stay home.  I'll go hang out at his place tomorrow anyway.

But it was good seeing everyone for those five minutes.  Looking forward to next  month.

There's a lot I could say here, but, I won't. 

Just that the order didn't come from me, I had requested it not happen, and something transpired while I was on stage...but I'm talking to the venue about it.

1 hour ago, Raev said:

There's a lot I could say here, but, I won't. 

Just that the order didn't come from me, I had requested it not happen, and something transpired while I was on stage...but I'm talking to the venue about it.

I know, and I'm pretty sure you were talking to me right before since I was there all but five minutes.  I tried to kept it vague intentionally as I'm not trying to throw shade on anyone since I'm mostly an interloper here.  But as someone who has people who can't stand to be in the same room as them I fully feel this.

50 minutes ago, *Siren* said:

I can assure you that this is going to be dealt with. 

I just hope they aren't "dealt with" too severely.  They've always been pretty decent to me, and I could see being in their position.  I want them to continue to be a part of the scene they enjoy, but again it isn't my call.  If it were though, I think a good admonishing would be in order though.

Anyway thank you both and much <3 to you for your candor in the matter.

• 2 months later...