🥇Gold: @TronRP = 58 posts
🥈Silver: @Scary Guy = 39 posts
🥉Bronze: @NocteSpiritus = 12 posts

🏅Iron: @oXMiahGraceXo = 7 posts
🎖️Steel: @WhiteLines = 6 posts

The July Board Dominator was @Scary Guy

Thanks to everyone who played :biggrin:

~~~~~

With the constant changing in the Ranks, this time around, the outcome was nearly impossible to predict.  That was fun. 😆

It was great seeing so many members in the rankings and it is worthy of a Board Domination Week Rank Awards Honorable Mention Shout Out to:

@kat  - 3 days

@Marblez  - 2 days

@gwen  - 2 days

@Raev  - 1 day

@Anna Phylaxis  - 1 day

🎊😊🎊

However, this month, there is a special shoutout to a @phee sighting!!! :happydance

~~~~~

With Summer in full force and people on the move, it will be interesting to see who will slow down and take a break for a chance at the Ranks in:

BOARD DOMINATION WEEK CXVII!!!

I now return you to your regularly scheduled posting already in progress.

Shark Week is Coming Baby!!!

large.80340647_SharkWeek2023071123.jpg

I was not playing as I do not play, and artificially inflating one's post count to "win" isn't a good thing.  I only post when I have something of substance to contribute (or at least something humorous, even if only to me.)

*grumpy old man noises*

3 minutes ago, Scary Guy said:

I was not playing as I do not play, and artificially inflating one's post count to "win" isn't a good thing.  I only post when I have something of substance to contribute (or at least something humorous, even if only to me.)

*grumpy old man noises*

~~~~~

I'm not sure I understood everything, but "*grumpy old man noises*" made me laugh...🤣

Just now, TronRP said:

~~~~~

I'm not sure I understood everything, but "*grumpy old man noises*" made me laugh...🤣

So my theory has always been that the intent of this ranking is good, it encourages people to post to win thus encouraging more forum participation.

However I see two negatives.  One is that encourages people to spam-post more to inflate their numbers.  This also reduces the quality of the overall discussions on the forum.  I mean we're not exactly debating human rights or anything super important, and people should feel free to vent and express themselves.  I just like to see people typing something of substance and not just typing things for attention or to see themselves type.  Though I guess ultimately it's all about attention since otherwise I could type in a locally saved text document and have the same effect.

IDK I suppose I'm just looking for a deeper connection on an intellectual level but there are two things wrong with that.  Namely that most other people aren't, and of those that are I'm too dumb to associate with them anyway :(

3 minutes ago, Scary Guy said:

So my theory has always been that the intent of this ranking is good, it encourages people to post to win thus encouraging more forum participation.

However I see two negatives.  One is that encourages people to spam-post more to inflate their numbers.  This also reduces the quality of the overall discussions on the forum.  I mean we're not exactly debating human rights or anything super important, and people should feel free to vent and express themselves.  I just like to see people typing something of substance and not just typing things for attention or to see themselves type.  Though I guess ultimately it's all about attention since otherwise I could type in a locally saved text document and have the same effect.

IDK I suppose I'm just looking for a deeper connection on an intellectual level but there are two things wrong with that.  Namely that most other people aren't, and of those that are I'm too dumb to associate with them anyway 😞

~~~~~

Actually, there is a history as to how this came about.  It started in the "Welcome TronRP" thread that was created by @Class-Punk , then "Caffeinated", when I first signed up back in 2012.

I was in a dark place and simply just seeing validation of my existence on a message board where someone actually interacted with me, sparked this entire Board Domination thing because I would have so much to say that I was actually out posting all of the then current MODs.

After that, it turned into a curiosity of numbers as statistics was one of my fields of study and I began watching the posting numbers (there used to be a separate page for that with the daily posting count and percentages).

Soon, it got to the point where my Purple Elf was everywhere on the forum and kind of turned into a "Let's see who can outpost Tron" thing.  That was really fun.

Over the years, it just remained something that I've done once a month just for my own amusement, statistic-wise.  But I still post it on the forum as it has been going on for over a decade now. 

:biggrin:

8 minutes ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

Actually, there is a history as to how this came about.  It started in the "Welcome TronRP" thread that was created by @Class-Punk , then "Caffeinated", when I first signed up back in 2012.

I was in a dark place and simply just seeing validation of my existence on a message board where someone actually interacted with me, sparked this entire Board Domination thing because I would have so much to say that I was actually out posting all of the then current MODs.

After that, it turned into a curiosity of numbers as statistics was one of my fields of study and I began watching the posting numbers (there used to be a separate page for that with the daily posting count and percentages).

Soon, it got to the point where my Purple Elf was everywhere on the forum and kind of turned into a "Let's see who can outpost Tron" thing.  That was really fun.

Over the years, it just remained something that I've done once a month just for my own amusement, statistic-wise.  But I still post it on the forum as it has been going on for over a decade now. 

Yeah, I suppose I get that from a certain point of view.  However a lot of people seem to think (or at least they used to) that post count = clout in any way shape or form.  They are mistaken as it does not though.  I mean join date doesn't even really matter either.  I don't even think reputation (in terms of the board) matters.

Really it's about the quality of the people posting and the substance of what they post that speaks to me.

I'm not saying that someone needs to be a member of MENSA to interact with me (and in fact I'd prefer that they weren't because many of their members are just insufferable assholes who feel the need to constantly prove that they're smarter than the other members, or that they belong at all as imposter syndrome is a thing.) I just prefer someone who is willing to think (especially for themselves.)

Edited by Scary Guy

2 minutes ago, Scary Guy said:

Yeah, I suppose I get that from a certain point of view.  However a lot of people seem to think (or at least they used to) that post count = clout in any way shape or form.  They are mistaken as it does not though.  I mean join date doesn't even really matter either.  I don't even think reputation (in terms of the board) matters.

Really it's about the quality of the people posting and the substance of what they post that speaks to me.

I'm not saying that someone needs to be a member of MENSA to interact with me (and in fact I'd prefer that they weren't because many of their members are just insufferable assholes who feel the need to constantly prove that they're smarter than the other members, or that they belong at all as imposter syndrome is a thing.)

~~~~~

I know where you're coming from, but I would hope you are not saying that you lump members here into a sect of mindless posting drones who are more concerned with a post count and reputation status during a giving time of the month than the quality of what they are posting even if the OP calls for a "just post anything" type of feel...🤨

9 minutes ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

I know where you're coming from, but I would hope you are not saying that you lump members here into a sect of mindless posting drones who are more concerned with a post count and reputation status during a giving time of the month than the quality of what they are posting even if the OP calls for a "just post anything" type of feel...🤨

I mean... not all of them?

On 7/11/2023 at 2:15 AM, TronRP said:

~~~~~

That's a cool story.  I think my name was actually "Coffeenated" because I drank coffee regularly back then. 

It's crazy how long ago it's been but before coming to this place, almost two decades ago, I was talking to/randomly spamming and tormenting gothic Brits online as an over-caffeinated 16-year-old. 

• 3 weeks later...

It's August and the Month that brings you International Cat Day, National Dog Day, international Left-Handers Day, Overdose Awareness Day: A total of 50 Observations and...

BOARD DOMINATION WEEK CXVII!!!

Daily rankings will be based on the top 3 Top Posters +, as listed in the sidebar, from 12am until 11:59pm with the actual Top 5 totals posting at the end of the week. 

Now, with that said...

READY, SET, POST!!!

large.658306072_PinenVocaloid040223.png

Board Domination Week CXVII
Day 1 - Sunday's Top Ranks

1. Scary Guy - 170 posts
2. Queen of Foxes - 114
3. TronRP - 108 posts

Possible Rank Contenders

4. gwen - 82 posts
5. Msterbeau - 63 posts

5 hours ago, TronRP said:

Day 1 - Sunday's Top Ranks

1. Scary Guy - 170 posts
2. Queen of Foxes - 114
3. TronRP - 108 posts

Possible Rank Contenders

4. gwen - 82 posts
5. Msterbeau - 63 posts

No no, I am not here, I do not play.  I'm not trying to "win" anything.

Give it to QoF

i-dont-want-it.gif

3 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

Give it to QoF

i-dont-want-it.gif

Winning is legit, just take it, like you won without trying which is a legitimate win, not a win where you over inflates your post count making vapid posts like I'm doing right now, so just take it bro

5 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

Give it to QoF

i-dont-want-it.gif

~~~~~

Hmm...it's just ranks, it's not a game.

The board keeps the metrics, I just use them.

So, use the board, appear in the metrics.

It's as simple as that.

:happy:

Day 2 - Monday's Top Ranks

1. Scary Guy - 190 posts
2. TronRP - 118 posts
3. gwen - 109 posts

Possible Rank Contenders

4. Queen of Foxes - 97 posts
5. Msterbeau - 84 posts

Day 3 - Tuesday's Top Ranks

1. Scary Guy - 166 posts
2. TronRP - 121 posts
3. Msterbeau - 93 posts

Possible Rank Contenders

4. gwen - 88 posts
5. Queen of Foxes - 78 posts

Day 4 - Wednesday's Top Ranks

1. Scary Guy - 163 posts
2. TronRP - 117 posts
3. Msterbeau - 104 posts

Possible Rank Contenders

4. gwen - 100 posts
5. Queen of Foxes - 60 posts

17 hours ago, Msterbeau said:

We used to make posts and reply to posts very specifically to post whore and raise our post count. There were two people in particular who were very good at this.  They shall remain nameless but i will say that they still have the highest post counts on the board.  😬

~~~~~

Yes, I discussed that very topic with one of the nameless ones as several member in particular were my inspiration for posting like a madman...in the beginning.  Posting became proof of my existence as I was going through some real world trials and tribulations.  Now, it's just the way I share.

Day 5 - Thursday's Top Ranks

1. Scary Guy - 155 posts
2. TronRP - 110 posts
3. gwen - 108 posts

Possible Rank Contenders

4. Msterbeau - 108 posts
5. Queen of Foxes - 41 posts