Small's

Who here goes to Small's for either Industrial's Not Dead or Thirstwave?  I was surprised to find out there's still people in the goth/industrial scene who either have not been yet or haven't even heard of it.  It's the ultimate gathering, and so many old DGNers are there it's like a DGN gathering every week.

Went a few times with a date that was into it (tends to be sort of a gating factor for me wanting to club), but that didn't go anywhere (little interest in my Fetlife reindeer games) though I guess she did introduce me to @Scary Guy who is of course much more memorable to me than likewise. I think she may have somehow rigged it to win tickets at a dark 80s night at Small's to Lords of Acid in Flint, which was fucking fabulous.

I ended up with someone for a while with no taste for music/appetite for clubbing (but who did play reindeer games with me), so after vaccine/breakup/things reopening, I'm looking for dark things to do with myself too late at night.

I've made a friend (at the Detroit Dominants munch at Adam's Apple) who finally drug me to City Club the other night, and Something Cold at UFO, so hoping to get out to Small's again soon.

Edited by Austintacious
typo

17 hours ago, Austintacious said:

Went a few times with a date that was into it (tends to be sort of a gating factor for me wanting to club), but that didn't go anywhere (little interest in my Fetlife reindeer games) though I guess she did introduce me to @Scary Guy who is of course much more memorable to me than likewise. I think she may have somehow rigged it to win tickets at a dark 80s night at Small's to Lords of Acid in Flint, which was fucking fabulous.

I ended up with someone for a while with no taste for music/appetite for clubbing (but who did play reindeer games with me), so after vaccine/breakup/things reopening, I'm looking for dark things to do with myself too late at night.

I've made a friend (at the Detroit Dominants munch at Adam's Apple) who finally drug me to City Club the other night, and Something Cold at UFO, so hoping to get out to Small's again soon.

Something Cold is legit, I even went way back when JC was doing it at Russell Industrial and it was crazy underground.  I stopped going to City Club seven years ago, however, I did get convinced into going there about a month ago because yolo and I was drunk enough at Small's to do it.  Was fun to have some nostalgia, was weird seeing it without an actual dance floor though.

2 hours ago, Destroit said:

Something Cold is legit, I even went way back when JC was doing it at Russell Industrial and it was crazy underground.  I stopped going to City Club seven years ago, however, I did get convinced into going there about a month ago because yolo and I was drunk enough at Small's to do it.  Was fun to have some nostalgia, was weird seeing it without an actual dance floor though.

That date I mentioned went on and on to me about the Labyrinth, and some kind of fetish scene that ran as part of or in parallel to GAF night, but it seems all of this was gone before I moved to town after that terrible orange election in 2016.

What was the dance floor like?

Are there picture galleries here or somewhere public of the good ol' days, or is this just the kind of thing the old ones talk about in rhetorical back rooms full of clove smoke and spilled snakebite?

• 1 month later...

I'll never go back to Small's after crap they said about me, the parties I helped throw, and the people who went.  They haven't booked me in a long time anyway so fuck'em.

I went to City a few weeks ago for Halloween.  It was one of Wilhelm's events (used to run a goth night with him at The Works.) Music was mostly techno so I hated it, but it was good seeing what people I did know there.

SC at UFO is always a good time too.

Edited by Scary Guy