what are you doing right now? (cont'd)

TronRP

7 minutes ago, NocteSpiritus said:

That's good. Mine (in the few times they've gone into their carriers at home) did fine. It's helped that up until recently I've had all three carriers semi out in the open (in the corner of my bedroom) where the trio can get in/out of the carrier.

~~~~~

Interestingly, the Comedy of Errors had nothing to do with the actual appointment. 

We have a tradition of bringing the fur babies over to the HomeHouse whenever they go out.  It was originally started for them to visit with our mother, but after she passed, we still keep up the tradition and they visit with whomever is home at the time.  This time, it got pretty involved.

I brought each of the 2 girls in, from my truck, to say hi to everyone, one at a time, and then returned them to my truck to be taken home after the visit.  As I was leaving the HomeHouse with second girl, I noticed the giant spiderweb over the front steps that had been the topic of discussion yesterday, so I paused to take a picture of what was left of it; it appeared that the delivery guy broke the anchor web when he dropped of a delivery earlier this morning.  I then went to my truck and retired the first carrier and proceeded home.

Just as I reached my yard, one of the feral furs I named White Tip cut through and raced me to my back porch.  I also noticed that I had a small white spider dangling from the front of my hat.  When I got up the steps, I had to shimmy past White Tip to get to my back door.  While he was preoccupied with seeing if anyone followed him, the girls started singing as I had to balance the 2 carriers with one arm to open my door.  The spider had now spun a web down to my face.

As soon as he heard the door open, White Tip flipped around tried to invite himself inside because the outside food bowl was empty.  I was backing into the house, still balancing the two carriers with one arm and trying to shake the spider off the web dangling from my face when a fly zooms inside right in front of me.

There I was practically chasing down the fly while keeping White Tip at bay on the back porch with my foot and loading the girls in their carriers into the kitchen with a spider spinning a web onto my gloved hand.

It got crazy for about 15 seconds.

:rofl:

58 minutes ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

Interestingly, the Comedy of Errors had nothing to do with the actual appointment. 

We have a tradition of bringing the fur babies over to the HomeHouse whenever they go out.  It was originally started for them to visit with our mother, but after she passed, we still keep up the tradition and they visit with whomever is home at the time.  This time, it got pretty involved.

I brought each of the 2 girls in, from my truck, to say hi to everyone, one at a time, and then returned them to my truck to be taken home after the visit.  As I was leaving the HomeHouse with second girl, I noticed the giant spiderweb over the front steps that had been the topic of discussion yesterday, so I paused to take a picture of what was left of it; it appeared that the delivery guy broke the anchor web when he dropped of a delivery earlier this morning.  I then went to my truck and retired the first carrier and proceeded home.

Just as I reached my yard, one of the feral furs I named White Tip cut through and raced me to my back porch.  I also noticed that I had a small white spider dangling from the front of my hat.  When I got up the steps, I had to shimmy past White Tip to get to my back door.  While he was preoccupied with seeing if anyone followed him, the girls started singing as I had to balance the 2 carriers with one arm to open my door.  The spider had now spun a web down to my face.

As soon as he heard the door open, White Tip flipped around tried to invite himself inside because the outside food bowl was empty.  I was backing into the house, still balancing the two carriers with one arm and trying to shake the spider off the web dangling from my face when a fly zooms inside right in front of me.

There I was practically chasing down the fly while keeping White Tip at bay on the back porch with my foot and loading the girls in their carriers into the kitchen with a spider spinning a web onto my gloved hand.

It got crazy for about 15 seconds.

:rofl:

Geez. That was an adventure. lol 🤣

5 hours ago, creatureofthenyte said:

I'm staring at my computer screen. Yes, computer, not phone.

~~~~~

lol, that's me on the regular.

I have no idea how people stare at their phones for so long...or do work on them...or hold meetings on them...or create productions...or...

OK, at least I know how to make a phone call, take a picture and send a text.

:thumbup:

Ok, experiment time.

Not sure if this is a good idea or bad idea, but testing a just opened carton of expired Egg Beater.

I figured since it was never used and didn't expire until the end of July, it shouldn't be too far off.

However, if I feel ill, at least we will know what's up.
🤣

59 minutes ago, TronRP said:

Ok, experiment time.

Not sure if this is a good idea or bad idea, but testing a just opened carton of expired Egg Beater.

I figured since it was never used and didn't expire until the end of July, it shouldn't be too far off.

However, if I feel ill, at least we will know what's up.
🤣

Depends on how it's expired.  If it's really expired it's a for certain do not use.  However if it's labeled "best if used by" then you should be fairly okay.

There was a website that had a guide on things like this but my internet search skills are failing me at the moment.  I bookmarked it but I have about 900 of those now and most of that isn't sorted/labeled because a lot of those are ancient.

14 minutes ago, Scary Guy said:

Depends on how it's expired.  If it's really expired it's a for certain do not use.  However if it's labeled "best if used by" then you should be fairly okay.

There was a website that had a guide on things like this but my internet search skills are failing me at the moment.  I bookmarked it but I have about 900 of those now and most of that isn't sorted/labeled because a lot of those are ancient.

~~~~~

Exactly, I'm a "Best if used by" connoisseur.  :hrhr:

However, I probably do take unnecessary risks.  😆

7 minutes ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

Exactly, I'm a "Best if used by" connoisseur.  :hrhr:

However, I probably do take unnecessary risks.  😆

So there is this theory that it costs more to be poor/frugal.

For example, in this case a doctor's visit or hospital bill costs more than just going out and buying new mix.

Sometimes I can taste when the milk starts to turn before the date.  As soon as that date hits it's gone whether I can or not.  Is it food waste?  Yes.  Do I care?  Not at all.  Food waste doesn't exist as at the very least it can probably be composted, it's the waste from the packaging that is the real problem.

9 minutes ago, Scary Guy said:

So there is this theory that it costs more to be poor/frugal.

For example, in this case a doctor's visit or hospital bill costs more than just going out and buying new mix.

Sometimes I can taste when the milk starts to turn before the date.  As soon as that date hits it's gone whether I can or not.  Is it food waste?  Yes.  Do I care?  Not at all.  Food waste doesn't exist as at the very least it can probably be composted, it's the waste from the packaging that is the real problem.

~~~~~

Fortunately for me, I have a cast-iron stomach.  Unfortunately, I also have a problem digesting preservatives.

For some foods, I actually have to wait for them to reach past their "use by" date whereas other "expired" foods, I can stomach with just a slight bit of abdominal discomfort (a.k.a. fluctuance) then I'm good.

🤣

5 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

Got Raven over and am working on his secondary computer trying to figure out why it won't boot.  Doesn't do beep codes and appears to turn on fine, and also tried another video card too.  Going to try flashing a BIOS next if there is a way to do that with a USB.

Could not get it to work and threw everything at it, so he's buying a new board.