How Are You Feeling? (cont'd)

TronRP

I'm feeling a bit heartsick.  It took awhile for my baby sister and her husband to finish moving into their new home.  Now that they have had time to finish unpacking, it has been found out that someone from the moving crew ripped off her entire collection of Barbie Dolls that I've been giving her as gifts over the years as well as her Disney's Beauty and the Beast Anniversary Collector's set.

It's not fair that people who are being paid to help you out can just go through your things, pick and choose what they want, take your stuff, act like nothing happened, get paid and go on their merry way.

I am so upset right now!  I wish we could expose them or do something!

😡

1 hour ago, TronRP said:

I'm feeling a bit heartsick.  It took awhile for my baby sister and her husband to finish moving into their new home.  Now that they have had time to finish unpacking, it has been found out that someone from the moving crew ripped off her entire collection of Barbie Dolls that I've been giving her as gifts over the years as well as her Disney's Beauty and the Beast Anniversary Collector's set.

It's not fair that people who are being paid to help you out can just go through your things, pick and choose what they want, take your stuff, act like nothing happened, get paid and go on their merry way.

I am so upset right now!  I wish we could expose them or do something!

😡

That sucks; wish there was something I could do to help. But there's probably not much you could do unless you go to their boss (if it was a moving company or something like that) and tell the boss what happened.

Like I should have been doing more since this whole thing started. Sure, I've done small things, but nothing seems to entirely added up to the whole picture. The garage still needs to be reorganized (waiting for more than 2 warm days), waiting on mom to find a handle piece for the outdoor faucet so the hose/powerwasher can be used. Patchwork for ceiling cracks need to be done (due to leaks from the ceiling maybe). Painting after that in a few rooms. Cleaning out the hoarder like bedroom that's my sister's. Going through the half hidden mess in the dining area of the kitchen. And dealing with the lawn mower so that can be done. And trying to do more on my original works. 

It may sound not a lot compared to what others do, but I'm the only one of two people in the house with the drive to do half that stuff and the other doesn't seem to care and I'm trying to get her to do more than just sit around and watch tv. Even now that she's starting to work. She wasn't before. 

15 minutes ago, NocteSpiritus said:

That sucks; wish there was something I could do to help. But there's probably not much you could do unless you go to their boss (if it was a moving company or something like that) and tell the boss what happened.

~~~~~

My sister contacted the company and turns out the guy doesn't work there anymore and then there is the fact that she signed the liability waiver.  I guess that gives them legal permission to rip you off and still get paid.  Sadly, that is the main reason I trust no one.  Everyday that guy would be looking at my sister and knowing he was stealing her stuff and still going on like nothing happened.  That takes a special kind of evil minded individual. 

2 minutes ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

My sister contacted the company and turns out the guy doesn't work there anymore and then there is the fact that she signed the liability waiver.  I guess that gives them legal permission to rip you off and still get paid.  Sadly, that is the main reason I trust no one.  Everyday that guy would be looking at my sister and knowing he was stealing her stuff and still going on like nothing happened.  That takes a special kind of evil minded individual. 

How long has he not worked there, cuz that is straight up stupid/evil. And where in the waiver does it say that the company's not liable for anything that the employees steal? That's why, if/when I move in/out of the state, I'm doing it all on my own with trusted friends with a uhaul. I know Troy's still not all that big/happy about me moving outta state.

6 minutes ago, NocteSpiritus said:

How long has he not worked there, cuz that is straight up stupid/evil. And where in the waiver does it say that the company's not liable for anything that the employees steal? That's why, if/when I move in/out of the state, I'm doing it all on my own with trusted friends with a uhaul. I know Troy's still not all that big/happy about me moving outta state.

~~~~~

They began their move in 2018 and everything was officially relocated in 2019.  I'm not sure what the waiver said, but the company is standing behind it.

Also, I wasn't aware that you decided to go ahead and move.  Do you already have a move-in location?

13 hours ago, TronRP said:

Also, I wasn't aware that you decided to go ahead and move.  Do you already have a move-in location?

I have plans to move, it's a matter of 1. saving up money for the uhaul rental (and the car tow thing) 2. any food/motel stays en route 3. place to stay there 4. buffer money until I gain a job there. I plan on moving to Austin, Tx. So I've been half looking for places and jobs down there without actually putting in for the jobs.

I'm working on going to New Orleans for a Supernatural convention in November (providing things open back up and go back to relative normalcy); already have my plane ticket for that.

Feeling totally accomplished.  I was worried that I wouldn't have enough time to do anything since I didn't start moving until after 12pm.  Not only was I able to make medpacks, take care of the furbabies, do security checks, clean the trash out of all the yards and alleyways, and maintenance the lawnmower, but I also managed to cut all the front yards and the HomeHouse backyard right before we received a High Wind Advisory. 

I got back in at 9pm and felt energized enough to do a workout, but I decided to call it quits just incase I was overdoing it without knowing.  😁

51 minutes ago, kat said:

@TronRP do you use the Kroger on Kercheval?

~~~~~

Nope, but I've driven passed it.  I actually had to look it up to see if it were the one I was thinking of and I saw a report that 4 employees have died after contracting COVID-19.  That is very sad. 

1 hour ago, NocteSpiritus said:

Tired; Sister might have something (hopefully not corona, though she works in an assisted living place where they had someone who tested positive. That person's not there, but still) and I'm hoping that I don't have it.

~~~~~

You can use the Coronavirus Self Check site if you are concerned about any symptoms you may have.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/index.html#cdc-chat-bot-open

*Hugs*

Fortunately, I don't have a fever, but I am fighting off a glandular infection.  Although this is something that happens to me from time to time due to my low immune system, it's more concerning this time because of the Coronavirus so I have to take extra precautions.

I was tested Saturday. I have underlying conditions.  I kept having a fever on and off and other weird things. We have all probably been exposed already most likely.  I'm waiting, the test was terrible but nobody knows anything about this virus and I don't want to have it in my body, go into public and expose someone else and kill them.

Edited by kat

• TronRP pinned this topic