How Are You Feeling? (cont'd)

TronRP

39 minutes ago, kat said:

Ah ha! I figured.  Isn't that an arthritic thing? To feel aches and pains before it rains?

~~~~~

Growing up, I've always heard it being referred to as "aches in the bones" or "arthritis kicking up" indicating that rain or bad weather was coming.

As I've gotten older, I find that any injury or physical ailment is affected by barometric pressure, but they seem to be affected in different ways.  I've noted that arthritis, bursitis, other bone related ailments appear to be affected by a change in the weather whereas a soft tissue injury (including headaches) tends to be affected by a change in the time of day due to the fact that atmospheric pressure is lighter at night compared to during daylight hours, thus swelling is more prominent when the sun goes down.  It doesn't mean that the pains are not there from all the various ailments regardless of the day, it's just that some pains are more noticeable than others at certain time. 

So, with all of that said, if you have arthritis, then yes, you will tend to feel the rain coming.

Sorry if that TMI 😅

Edited by TronRP

9 minutes ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

Growing up, I've always heard it being referred to as "aches in the bones" or "arthritis kicking up" indicating that rain or bad weather was coming.

As I've gotten older, I find that any injury or physical ailment is affected by barometric pressure, but they seem to be affected in different ways.  I've noted that arthritis, bursitis, other bone related ailments appear to be affected by a change in the weather whereas a soft tissue injury (including headaches) tends to be affected by a change in the time of day due to the fact that atmospheric pressure is lighter at night compared to during daylight hours, thus swelling is more prominent when the sun goes down.  It doesn't mean that the pains are not there from all the various ailments regardless of the day, it's just that some pains are more noticeable than others at certain time. 

So, with all of that said, if you have arthritis, then yes, you will tend to feel the rain coming.

Sorry if that TMI 😅

Lol! It's not even close to TMI:)

I never had been told I had arthritis but I have a lot of inflammation.  My insurance won't pay for the MRI to further identify what's going on with my discs back there but I just notice it acts up around the time when we are expecting rain.  I'm just happy to have insurance though.  I unfortunately took all my flexeril to handle my cramps this month now I'm sol. Stupid pain:(

Ok now I'm tmi.

4 minutes ago, kat said:

I never had been told I had arthritis but I have a lot of inflammation.  My insurance won't pay for the MRI to further identify what's going on with my discs back there but I just notice it acts up around the time when we are expecting rain.  I'm just happy to have insurance though.  I unfortunately took all my flexeril to handle my cramps this month now I'm sol. Stupid pain:(

Ok now I'm tmi.

~~~~~

large.1375595740_originalvirtualhug051619.gif

15 hours ago, kat said:

Ok now I'm tmi.

I'll try to find the name of a place that does MRI's.  They are well respected yet the fee for them is well under $100 and some as low as $25 to $30.  They are always doing commercials on TV and radio.

I usually know when a front is moving through.  I will feel it in my back, knees or sinuses because of the barometric change.

4 hours ago, Draco1958 said:

I'll try to find the name of a place that does MRI's.  They are well respected yet the fee for them is well under $100 and some as low as $25 to $30.  They are always doing commercials on TV and radio.

I usually know when a front is moving through.  I will feel it in my back, knees or sinuses because of the barometric change.

Ohhh yes I get the pain in my nose since I broke it in that accident now everytime the pressure changes.  Dude it's so weird I will like literally start pushing the bone like back into place..maybe I need another surgery? It still feels like it's off center.  Damn now I'm thinking about that movie, Death Becomes Her.

https://youtu.be/0JNV5_s3dAY

20 hours ago, kat said:

Ok now I'm tmi.

4 hours ago, Draco1958 said:

~~~~~

We use a place called: 

M1 Imaging Center

They have 3 Locations:

Locations

Berkley

M1 Imaging Center
27501 Woodward Ave
Berkley, MI 48072
Phone: (248) 268-2119
Fax: (248) 268-2164
Email: info@m1imagingcenter.com

Grand Rapids
1625 Leonard Street NE Suite C
Grand Rapids, MI 49505
Phone: (616) 288-9446
Fax: (855) 280-1762

Warren - Great Lakes
27301 Schoenherr Road Suite 100
Warren, MI 48088
Phone: (586) 427-7226
Fax: (586) 427-4966

Hours of Operation

Their copay is less than $25.  However, I'm not sure which insurance they take.

One of the commercials I have seen is for Basha Diagnostics.  This link is to their prices.  This one isn't as cheap as I saw but you can talk to them about the insurance you have.  http://openmri.bashaopenmri.com/cash-credit-payment/

Here is a company called RMI, there is a link to a pdf of their prices on the site with a location is Southgate.  https://www.rmipc.net/guests/cash-pay-pricing/

I feel terribly exhausted.  I had a fever last night and the girls would not let me get more than 30 minutes of sleep at a time.  I have a full day of work today and I am literally in a "mind over matter" state just trying to get moving. 

Like I'm ready to kick out the sister (who's been essentially out of the house for the better part of two weeks) of the house, doing a deep purge of stuff, and packing things that I see as "important" until later. Why should I be pulling OT (and being asked to stay and close when I left today), then come home to an empty house that should be in the process of being cleaned by someone else?

Frustrated. Even after having a rant/talk with the sister last night when she got home, she once again was out all day today. She wanted to go to church and see dad; fine. But then I expected her to come home and start cleaning like we talked about last night. Apparently that wasn't expressly stated and needs to be if/when she comes home again. 

I feel bad for being so incognito from The Gatherings, but with so much "life" going on, I'm happy we were able to make it the 3 years that we did.  At this point, I will probably be back to doing day visits like I used to.  It's easier to swing by and say "Hi" while I'm already out on the road. 

:scooter:😊Hi

My brother has a stent in his kidney and everyone is so damn irresponsible I feel like I'm the only one who cares. His insurance deductible hasn't been met so I'm going to end up paying for it.  Who else will, my other brothers have been helping with her rent and stuff for awhile I don't think it's fair that they have to. Nobody else has any money.  I don't want my brother to get an infection or something terrible to happen.  He had the surgery in Virginia because he went to see his girlfriend and ended up with kidney stones again like 13. He was there for 3 or 4 days in the hospital. He had just started an OTR trucking job. It's a mess. I just want him to be ok. He's been in and out the ER. Nobody will remove it so I am taking him to the urologist tomorrow. 

Edited by kat

2 minutes ago, TronRP said:

Another long day at the hospital for Trene to have a Brain MRI this time.  I'm glad to be back home because I am about to pass out.

Hugs. I hope everything is ok.  

You sound like me this morning when I took my brother to the urologist.  I couldn't sleep last night so it was extremely difficult to be awake all that time.  I feel blah even though I took a nap when I got back.

On 8/18/2019 at 2:40 PM, TronRP said:

I feel bad for being so incognito from The Gatherings, but with so much "life" going on, I'm happy we were able to make it the 3 years that we did.  At this point, I will probably be back to doing day visits like I used to.  It's easier to swing by and say "Hi" while I'm already out on the road. 

:scooter:😊Hi

I miss you and the group. Hope to see you all at a future one. And (hopefully) once the house is ready to have people over for get togethers, at the house.

I had arm surgery back on June 24th to reattach my right bicep tendon to my arm. I was in a cast for a couple weeks followed by physical therapy. My arm's motion is 100% back but I can't flex a muscle. 

In addition, my hands hurt, especially the left one where I jacked up my thumb on the same trip where my right bicep ripped. 

Oh, and I am depressed too. I restart mental therapy tomorrow. 

• TronRP pinned this topic