What Are You Thinking? (cont'd)

TronRP

39 minutes ago, know_buddy_kares said:

Hearing about the Thunder Snow.. man, Detroit area always gets the cool shit.

Is that what I heard?  Really it was just a little bit, nothing that amazing.

It is pretty outside though.  That's enough for me.

Now I'm wondering about areas with avalanches and how often thundersnow sets them off.

3 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

I think she's close enough to me I can say yes.  Though if you're getting it too it sounds like it's most of the state.

Wasn't sure if the snow dumps its stuff over the middle of the state or not by the time it gets over to you, but sounds like it does. I'm on the lakeshore over here, so we get the very first bit of it 😅

6 hours ago, et-novum said:

Are you also slated to get the heavy snow this weekend?

5 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

I think she's close enough to me I can say yes.  Though if you're getting it too it sounds like it's most of the state.

3 hours ago, know_buddy_kares said:

~~~~~

Yes, we got dumped on.  I just got back in, around 12am, from pushing what we call "Heart Attack Snow" off the walkways. The key is to push, don't lift.

@Trene4000 enjoyed watching the rain turn into snow then the arrival of the lightning.  She was basically taking a photo diary of the event.

The blizzard blew so much stuff off of my back porch that I actually thought I got robbed again.  But the current load of crack heads are not into dragging cat towers half a mile down the street since the city tore down the abandoned house that was next-door to me. 😆

I own the lot now. :biggrin:

5 hours ago, TronRP said:

Yes, we got dumped on.  I just got back in, around 12am, from pushing what we call "Heart Attack Snow" off the walkways. The key is to push, don't lift.

No, the key is to snowblow or hire some kid to do it.  Though it is a good workout if done right.  The thing most people fail to realize is to take breaks and not to get all the snow in one scoop.  Just get the top layer and go back for the rest after you've removed that.  More trips = less effort and vice versa.

As much as I want it to work, this sucks and takes too long/uses too much fuel: 

Glad to hear you own that lot.  You should build a dwelling and rent it out for a reasonable price.

nervous a bit b 4 surgery do I fear death? no

ima just a lil pissed off.

why? life isn't fair haha! like we expect that, right?

cat scan shows a row of holes in my abs where scar is so a bigger piece of mesh in the shape of a triangle going in.

I didn't even bother asking what happened to The old mesh.

I know all about migrating pieces into bowels now. It's what killed my grandpa.  So be it.

It's probably our processed food diets making us sick. 

13 hours ago, know_buddy_kares said:

we had a lot. Thunderous snow lightning strikes are more deadly and hit ppl more often.

I honestly love city club over all other places because, I can have an open conversation with someon. People who are civil compared to other. places that will yell at you of you have a different opinion . But still have to be careful who i talking to

5 minutes ago, SlavicGoth said:

I honestly love city club over all other places because, I can have an open conversation with someon. People who are civil compared to other. places that will yell at you of you have a different opinion . But still have to be careful who i talking to

~~~~~

I declare the more you keep talking about City Club, the more you make me want to go...lol.

I just drove by there on New Year's Eve with my niece and showed her where it is.

I'm just not sure if I'm as outgoing as I used to be when I used to go regularly.

...outgoing as in left out the house, arrived at CC and danced 'til dawn.

:hrhr:

9 hours ago, SlavicGoth said:

I do that anywhere, I don't care who I offend if they're that thin skinned.  I have friends (though not many) with wildly different views.  I'm really not sure how that happens other than we can agree to look past them and actually be civil (though they're still wrong.)

On 1/14/2024 at 12:45 AM, TronRP said:

~~~~~

I declare the more you keep talking about City Club, the more you make me want to go...lol.

I just drove by there on New Year's Eve with my niece and showed her where it is.

I'm just not sure if I'm as outgoing as I used to be when I used to go regularly.

...outgoing as in left out the house, arrived at CC and danced 'til dawn.

:hrhr:

you know it's a landmark rite it's actually mentioned in a couple movies

although there is a better one in nyc...

if u live in Detroit you must go at least once

3 hours ago, gwen said:

I'll agree with that, I mean if someone is in town and has never been then yes go check it out.

Other than that there are better things to do with your time these days.

I want to see it do better, but when management is literally apathetic about most of the issues it's kind of hard to want to support it.

Biggest thing is fixing that heat right now though.  Even if everything is working properly I bet it was still cold as fuck last weekend (except in the actual furnace room that is, which they should put a vent on to help let the heat leach out more.  Be really nice if they put that next to the DJ booth they built too.)

5 hours ago, gwen said:

~~~~~

You will have to excuse me, but I tend to misread things.  But just in case I am misunderstanding this or I confused with my post, after I joined DGN, I started attending City Club regularly.  After my mother passed, I put off a lot of things to take care of the family.  It's been a while since I've been back to City Club was my meaning.

When I was in college, I had to take a filler class so, since I live in Detroit, I took a course on the architecture and landmarks of Detroit.  (Albert Kahn literally built the original skyline of Detroit prior to all the new construction.)  When we toured The Leland, it was still under renovation, so there wasn't much we could see outside of seeing the lobby and the first floor.  My instructor was a very charismatic and enthusiastic little lady with an infectious smile.  She was able to talk her way into just about anywhere.  She loved Detroit and really wanted others to love it as much as she did (this was a while ago so I have no idea if she is still on this Earthly plain).

When I was part of the international studies at WSU, I used to host city tours of Detroit for students studying here.  Although I knew all of these locations since childhood, I would drop my instructor's name in certain places which would gain me access to places that were typically off limits to the general public.

Sorry, I tend to remanence a lot when I start sharing information.

large.1157545796_thumb_smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-050042713.gif

Now, unless you were talking about visiting the one in New York City because I've been to the one in Detroit, then, yeah, that would have to wait a bit.  The closest I've been to New York was when I drove to Philadelphia, PA for a convention. 

On 1/18/2024 at 3:45 PM, TronRP said:

You know it's been cold when you welcome 24 degrees with a real feel of 12.

Yeah, I'll take that, though it's still a little chilly for me.  I much prefer 26 or 27.

Or are you speaking in some bastard unit?  :P

I think I'm finally over the worse part of this soft tissue pain.  I just dislike that I have such a low tolerance to Tylenol and yet it's the only thing that keeps me from doing the pain dance.