What Are You Thinking? (cont'd)

TronRP

22 minutes ago, GothicRavenGoddess said:

Thank you, everyone, who approached me and said hello tonight. Thank you for making my very first social gathering in a very long time, memorable and amazing ♥️

~~~~~

I am so socially awkward when it comes to meeting new people that I often feel like I'm waiting for my turn to jump into the jump ropes during double-dutch. 

I was going to tell you in person that I saw your Facebook friend request, but some kind of way, the site crashed when I clicked it.  I have no idea if it confirmed or not.  Then I didn't know how to get back to where I saw it. 

I know it's probably very simple, but I think I kind of panic when it comes to using Facebook due to past experiences that were not so good.

:hrhr:

Was nice to see such a great turnout!  Very cool to see so many old friends NOT involving Zoom(!) and meeting a few new peeps that got by me somehow.  Thanks, too, for bearing with the music.  The very carefully assembled tracks that Scary Guy so graciously provided somehow decided not to play... so we were stuck with a little sumpin' I keep tucked in my car for my own amusement.  On the upside, Troy and I shared a love of '80s New Wave, so... maybe not so bad?  Mad luv to you all!

8 minutes ago, Marblez said:

Thinking about making an epic aftermath post. Does anyone do that anymore? 

IDK We could keep using this one I guess.  I wonder if Tron can split all the OT posts into a new thread?

1 hour ago, kat said:

Omg I missed the Rick Roll! Darn it.🤣

No worries, I got you (and I'll upload the full playlist tomo...  later today.)

1 hour ago, The1andonlyMEG said:

I am home ❤️ What a phenomenal night ❤️ 

That WAS you!

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Was nice to see such a great turnout!  Very cool to see so many old friends NOT involving Zoom(!) and meeting a few new peeps that got by me somehow.  Thanks, too, for bearing with the music.  The very carefully assembled tracks that Scary Guy so graciously provided somehow decided not to play... so we were stuck with a little sumpin' I keep tucked in my car for my own amusement.  On the upside, Troy and I shared a love of '80s New Wave, so... maybe not so bad?  Mad luv to you all!

Honestly that was probably better than the stuff I had picked out, and more fun for sure.

I'm sorry I didn't get to speak with everyone as much as I'd have liked to.  Though I did see a lot of old friends which was great, and played a lot of great music.  Unfortunately everyone has jobs (on a Saturday?) and kids so they left early.  Ended up shutting down at 1 AM.  Hopefully they liked us enough to have us back, but I'm also fine with it being a one-off.  I'd be happier if there were less construction.

8 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

That WAS you!

No it was not :) I was there briefly at the dinner to drop cookies :) 

My birthday was the 1st and my husband had made surprise plans for us that I didn’t know about lol. So I wasn’t able to make it. ❤️ 

I had planned on coming to the after pop up, but the show and its many encores went on till almost midnight. And I’m old. And at that point just wanted Del-taco, my dog and my bed :) 

On 5/28/2023 at 2:10 PM, kat said:

I'm sorry. Hugs. I think about that alot too, that's definitely why I cannot hold things against her. I wiped my childhood shit away because we only get one mother. I don't care what kind of lifestyle we had or what happened when she's gone I know it's final. We can repair trauma but we can't repair relationships once they leave this world. I cherish everything and focus on the things that are important and positive with my mom. 

I am getting emotional. I apologize. 

I'm glad you were able to move past things and have a relationship with your mother.

I tried to with my mother. I recognize she is a product of her trauma, which led to her plethora of problems, but she never should have been a parent. She never took responsibility for things she did, things she allowed to happen to me. I can't look past those things. I haven't spoken to her or my stepfather for over 6 years. She's 69, and he's 78. I know they aren't going to be around much longer. It's an odd feeling. 

2 hours ago, The1andonlyMEG said:

No it was not :) I was there briefly at the dinner to drop cookies :) 

My birthday was the 1st and my husband had made surprise plans for us that I didn’t know about lol. So I wasn’t able to make it. ❤️ 

I had planned on coming to the after pop up, but the show and its many encores went on till almost midnight. And I’m old. And at that point just wanted Del-taco, my dog and my bed :) 

Oh, my mistake.  Guess there is another Meg I didn't know about.

Well I hope she finds her way here then.  She apparently knows a few of the old City DJs from 20 years ago.  @Chris Rohn got namedropped, and he's still a favorite.  They fired him for playing "too much techno" and now that's all they've been playing for years now.  In fact, they were playing it for years when I made this comment seven years ago! :(

18 hours ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

I am so socially awkward when it comes to meeting new people that I often feel like I'm waiting for my turn to jump into the jump ropes during double-dutch. 

I was going to tell you in person that I saw your Facebook friend request, but some kind of way, the site crashed when I clicked it.  I have no idea if it confirmed or not.  Then I didn't know how to get back to where I saw it. 

I know it's probably very simple, but I think I kind of panic when it comes to using Facebook due to past experiences that were not so good.

:hrhr:

*coughcough* I also have Facebook