Work

Rozzlyn

Do you:  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I do both actually. The wage-slaving monkey job gives me health insurance and a bit of paid vacation and security. The side jobs give me enough so I can pay my bills on time, most of the time. I'm usually exhausted but that's the breaks.

For the most part of my life i have been a slave, but that has ended, well atleast in the making a living part. :wink

I got burned out from the late night/ early morning quiting times, drinking and asshole drunks, not to mention with summer here, making $35 a night ( for an 8 hour shift) on two nights a week was just not enough to over look the other issues and there was allot of other issues at home and at work.

So i am not doing that any more, I hate to say it but i am getting too damn old to run a house hold on 2-4 hours of sleep after i worked all damn night for $35.

I am now an ebay seller and plan to coninue. I must point out that i have successfully made more $ selling on ebay in one week then i had made all month working the waitress Job. Hell i made more $ at my yard sale, in three days, then i made at work all month.

lilith

I work for an organization whose mission and work I really believe in. So while there are things that frustrate me (see my post in "other stuff") I've never felt like a slave there. At the end of the day I feel like I've contributed to something meaningful.

I would never want to work for myself. I have no interest in business and no lucrative artistic talents, so *shrug* I can't imagine what I'd do with myself-plus I know I'd either work all the time or become a complete slacker if left to my own devices. But that's just me.

Yes, I am a wage-slaving monkey who spends his life ensuring that someone else gets rich while I get an early heart attack and a stupid ass gold watch when I am finally forced out because I am too old, fragile, and senile to be of anymore use to to those whose pockets I'm helping to line.

I might just deal with all of the bottled-up anger and buried resentment that I can't show to my corporate masters by hitting all of you, and losing my hair.

Guest MsMaldoror

I don't like this poll. It's too black and white. I work for someone else, but I like my job and am by no means a slave or monkey. I refuse to vote!

Guest Game of Chance

If i go pro...in poker...as in fulltime pro...quit my job pro...would I be working for myself?? Cause its not really work...yet I get paid

And I have been thinking about it a lot recently

Guest Game of Chance

and you talk about it a lot too ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I ask myself everyday...why I am going to work today??

Guess I'm just waiting for this market to turn

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived