The Gathering 4 (March 31st) Aftermath - Thoughts?

I am glad that I made it before everyone left.  It is difficult to have a social life when you work the evening shifts in the service industry.  It was nice to meet Troy, Sekhmet, and Scary Guy in person.  I am hoping to make it to more gatherings and meet more people.  I try to cook decent meals at home on my days off and I normally try to give an open invitation when it is something rather interesting.  If anyone is interested in joining some time just let me know.  Just please keep in mind that I have a lot of animals such as snakes that some people might be uncomfortable with and I am a smoker so my place isn't really an allergy friendly environment.

Given that I am a very introverted person and (believe it or not) painfully shy, it has taken me all this time to get up enough nerve to post about my experience Thursday night. Yes, we had fun, but it came at quite a cost.

When we first arrived, I had taken a picture of the group. I noticed a lady cover her face. I took that as a cue that she DID NOT want her picture taken. So I honored that. After we got seated, I saw sekhmet sitting on the end, next to Troy, looking adorable as usual, so I took a picture of her and Troy. The lady covered her face again so when she moved her hands, I caught her eye and tried to let her know I was taking a picture of the cute couple and that I liked her hair, but I was unprepared for the onslaught of words that followed regarding taking pictures of others. 

At that point, we kept to ourselves at our table because I began to have an anxiety attack due to a similar incident that had occurred at Chernobyl's Gala a few years back that took me nearly 3 months to recover from.

After what felt like forever, I heard the lady say something about not coming back if some situation happened and shortly after that I heard her leaving. Next thing I knew Troy was crouch at the side of our table saying something, but, unfortunately, by this time I was in full blown panic attack and automatic response mode. It wasn't until Troy side what sounded like, "I got the stand that matches my face", which was totally incorrect, but it was just enough of a startle to my logical mind to snap me out of my, then, current state. So Troy, I truly thank you for that.

So, with that said, if anyone should happen to see the lady with the long hair, who covers her face when pictures are taken, please let her know that the idiot in the top hat with the camera phone was just trying to say, "I like your hair, it's very pretty."

Thank you.

Wow, had no idea you were going through all that.  Yeah she can be a bit of a pain at times and I have no clue why.  You'd think that the camera stole her soul or something.  Anyway feel free to crop her out and post up the photos and post them up!  Maybe next time we should do a group photo, and since she doesn't want to be in it she can take the photo.

As I said maybe next time she shouldn't sit in the middle of the group either, and the fact that she's in a public place with zero expectation of privacy should be noted as well.  Basically the only thing keeping her face off anywhere is the fact that most of us are nice people and tend to respect the wishes of others.

I'm so sorry that you went through that, Tron. She was rude in the way she handled the situation. I'm with Scary Guy, she's in public so there's a chance she could end up in any of the pictures anyone took. By the way, please post the pics you took. I'd love to see them. :)