Introvert vs Extrovert

According to some sources, an Extrovert relies on others for "energy" as they receive this energy in order to centre themselves while an Introvert can sustain self preferably alone while only needing "trusted few".

So, are you an Introvert or Extrovert? And do you have a more in-depth explanation of the terms?

I'm an introvert. There are few people I fully trust, but I try to be nice to everyone in person. I don't draw out drama, but I can see its potential. I don't have faith in myself the way many people do, to put themselves on a pedestal, but instead that faith is the result of dealing with and seeing the dark potential of other people. If I can be in deep meditation where the world doesn't exist, it often seems like the better option than spending overt time among crowds of people, where because of it being overt, I would just give off bad vibes anyway.

I'm an introvert. There are few people I fully trust, but I try to be nice to everyone in person. I don't draw out drama, but I can see its potential. I don't have faith in myself the way many people do, to put themselves on a pedestal, but instead that faith is the result of dealing with and seeing the dark potential of other people. If I can be in deep meditation where the world doesn't exist, it often seems like the better option than spending overt time among crowds of people, where because of it being overt, I would just give off bad vibes anyway.

what do you mean by dark potential of other people?

how_to_live_with_introverts_guide_printable_by_sveidt-d5b09fj.jpg

Yeah, hit it on the ball park there..

I maybe an introvert on the energy front, I love my "me" times. But I have days when I am extremely lethargic at home. Sometimes being among people and "giving" recharges me (and I mean random interactions, or interactions out of my comfort zone). I maybe borderline.

Just a poetic way of saying the motivations for someone to hurt others one way or another.

Ok sorry, I was trying to understand the whole sentence here

I don't have faith in myself the way many people do, to put themselves on a pedestal, but instead that faith is the result of dealing with and seeing the dark potential of other people.

I am such a dork when it comes to reading sometimes and just don't wanna assume things, but I am still not getting it :(