INDUSTRIAL MOVEMENT III

:crybaby:

No need for tears... they were VERY dull at Kinetik in Montreal. Leeb lacked his normal energy and just didn't even seem concerned with his bands performance. They've been doing the same set for a year now too so if you saw them last time at Magic Stick you could expect much of the same or less.

Here's what they played at Kinetik; FLA setlist: IED / Circuitry / Angriff / Resist / Release / Hostage / Plasticity / Pressure Wave / Prophecy / Shifting Through The Lens / Millenium Encore: Liquid Separation.

Last night was ok. My main motivations in going were seeing my friend who is the tour manager, as well as Void6, Elektrosonik, Pulse State, etc etc, to show some support to Eprom Colony and to see Dismantled live.

My thoughts?:

-It was like a damn sauna in there. Of course, it was about 90 degrees outside, so that's to be expected.

-Dismantled was really, really disappointing. I expected more/better from them. Ah well.

- FLA was FLA. I've always kind of found their live show to be a little underwhelming.

-Cyanotic has never really been my thing, but it was nice to catch up with Sean.

-Was nice to see people out supporting Eprom Colony.

-The turn out was decent.

That's all I got.

Here is my recording from last night complete with commentary below. Enjoy!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QEBT0U5E

Front Line Assembly

May 30, 2011 (technically May 31)

The Shelter

Detroit, Michigan

"Industrial Movement III"

opening acts:

Eprom Colony

Cyanotic

Dismantled

DJ? Acucrack

setlist:

00 "Check check, Eminem's in the House."

01 intro

02 I.E.D

03 Circuitry

04 Angriff

05 Resist

06 Release

07 Plasticity

08 Prophecy

09 Shifting Through the Lens

10 Millenium

11 encore break

12 Liquid Separation

13 Bio-Mechanic

Die Krupps was suppossed to be on the bill but had visa trouble.

I got to the venue close to 10:00 becuase I was trying to avoid having to see a bunch of opening bands only to find out that the first of five "bands" just took the stage! FLA wasn't scheduled to take the stage until 12:15am but it wasn't until 1:10am that they did. This was the latest headlining show I have ever seen and was totally unacceptable and unprofessional to play so late on a week night. I was at the same venue a couple months ago and the men's bathroom flooded the hallway. Did they fix it? No, they did not. The Shelter is in the basement of a nicer venue, St. Andrews Hall which was not being used that night. Why didn't

they use the nicer venue? We had a lot of rain last week and it felt like we were in a hot, wet, smelly, basement. About a third of all concert goers stayed outside most of the time. The door to the Shelter is in an alley right next to a pair of dumpsters which were sitting in puddles of garbage water. Nasty place.

To quote Bill Leeb; "As you can see, we've been reduced to the basement. The basement of shit, puke, and piss, the toilets, the filth, the dirt and no air. Oh well, that's how it goes in this business."

Eprom Colony was a decent enough local band who are appearantly going to be opening for three more national acts this summer. For whom I don't know because they have virtually no online presence and have not updated their Facebook page since 2009. [edit: they do in fact have a current Facebook page, Google brings you to a different and older FB page for the band. They need to delete the older one and allow people to become fans and not friends] I'd be happy to see them again. Cyanotic and Dismantled were not bad but both are very generic and unremarkable.

This was the same weekend as the Detroit Electronic Music Festival and Fatboy Slim was playing just down the street. That might explain the late show because I saw a flyer saying FLA was a DEMF afterparty. By the time DJ? Acucrack took the stage, it was already after midnight. They crowd, especially me, was not really in the mood for a DJ. For the record, DJ? Acucrack is the most pathetic excuse for a live show I have ever seen and unfortunately, I have seen him more than twice now. If I wanted to see a DJ spin, I would have

gone to DEMF, not FLA.

Front Line came on after 1:00 am and thankfully put on a good show. They too seemed annoyed with the situation and they crowd that remained really got into the show. Keyboardist, Jeremy Inkel, kept yelling that he couldn't hear us which was kind of annoying since we were all dancing along and having a good time despite the shitty venue and time. It was my fourth time seeing FLA, six if you count Delerium ;)

Front Line Assembly (currently) is:

Bill Leeb

Chris Peterson

Jeremy Inkel

Jared Slingerland

Duration: 73:57

Recorder: Sharp MD SR60 Mic: Sony ECM-DS70P

Lineage: MD --> Audacity --> WAV (44,100 Hz, 16 bit, mono) --> Switch --> mp3 320 kbps

FLAC or CD available upon request.

FLAC version also posted to Dimeadozen 5/31/2011 by gladcarrot @gmail.com

http://www.gladcarrot.com/gladcarrotbootlist.htm

http://www.youtube.com/user/gladcarrot

gladcarrotboot131

Edited by gladcarrot

DJ Acucrack was awesome....

FLA was just friggen sweet as hell.... I was left very sore and sweaty. The pit exploded during Millennium and it was a good time....

Given the venue I am very impressed they had such an awesome show.

DJ Acucrack was awesome....

FLA was just friggen sweet as hell.... I was left very sore and sweaty. The pit exploded during Millennium and it was a good time....

Given the venue I am very impressed they had such an awesome show.

Seems like you are one of the only ones that enjoyed the show, and Im glad you did, you never get to go out and have a good time.

Seems like you are one of the only ones that enjoyed the show, and Im glad you did, you never get to go out and have a good time.

The only complaint I had was that it started and ended too late.... other than that... a lot of energy and and such.... loved it.