Solar storm will light up the sky

I <3 aurora borealis, I have only witnessed it one time back when I lived in my condo. Only about two more hours? You bet I'll be up to see it :thumbsup:

I <3 aurora borealis, I have only witnessed it one time back when I lived in my condo. Only about two more hours? You bet I'll be up to see it :thumbsup:

OK - this article gives the (very) approximate peak times as follows:

August 4: 3 AM

August 4: 8 PM

August 5: 2 AM

...so if you're outside at midnight, you're most likely too early.

then again, maybe not - it's REALLY HARD to predict these things.

http://io9.com/5603715/tonights-northern-lights-will-be-incredible-thanks-to-solar-explosions

OK - this article gives the (very) approximate peak times as follows:

August 4: 3 AM

August 4: 8 PM

August 5: 2 AM

...so if you're outside at midnight, you're most likely too early.

then again, maybe not - it's REALLY HARD to predict these things.

http://io9.com/5603715/tonights-northern-lights-will-be-incredible-thanks-to-solar-explosions

Well there's nothing so far but i'll be up around 3am so I'll check again

shits about to go down, I was outside watching for some activity and my cell phone power cut off completely. Anyone else losing any tech signals yet?

Okay.

This post...made me think of aliens. Now I'm too afraid to even look out the windows. :X Damn my fears.

Aww, I'm sorry. Hugs to you. I am scared of shit too. (I sleep with the lights on but don't tell nobody)

Haha! I do too!

Unless I'm drunk (I usually don't care) or if I'm sleeping with somebody or in the same room as someone.

Haha! I do too!

Unless I'm drunk (I usually don't care) or if I'm sleeping with somebody or in the same room as someone.

yeah, but the TV has to be on if that is the case for me but than it's on like SyFy or something similar. I have no idea why but I watch horror movies and shit when I am in this creepy ass house all by myself at night.

It's after 3 anyone see anything yet?

Edited by kat

I went outside and seen nothing. stars and theres no light pollution Im back in the woods with a big wide open clearing to view the night sky. I did some brown recluse killings as well. Those give nasty bites and our house windows had quite a few lurking around that needed to die because the bites they inflict are devastating and cause horrible infections, abcess, rotten flesh and just go on youtube or the wib and see what a recluse bite does its not pretty. I experienced no ceulluar distrubances and nothing in the house flickered or had any electrical disruptions or disturbances.

I went outside and seen nothing. stars and theres no light pollution Im back in the woods with a big wide open clearing to view the night sky. I did some brown recluse killings as well. Those give nasty bites and our house windows had quite a few lurking around that needed to die because the bites they inflict are devastating and cause horrible infections, abcess, rotten flesh and just go on youtube or the wib and see what a recluse bite does its not pretty. I experienced no ceulluar distrubances and nothing in the house flickered or had any electrical disruptions or disturbances.

Oh yeah recluse bites are no joke. When I was in Fort Polk one of my buddies got bitten on his inner thigh by one. They put him on a light-duty profile for 2 weeks he couldn't do PT couldn't even work in the motorpool he had to sit in an office for 2 weeks cuz he could barely walk. Had to go to the hospital every morning so they could re-pack his abscess. Left a nice scar.

Anyway, I didn't see anything this morning it was too cloudy and foggy I did notice a red glow to the sky when the sun came up but nothing unusual.