omg - SWANS at the Crofoot!

• 2 weeks later...

Michael's backing band looks like this:

Norman Wakefield - guitar

Not that it really matters but it is Norman Westberg not Wakefield. He's been around since the band started in the early 80's. I've read that they will be playing some older heavier stuff but I'm not sure how true that is. But I'd kill to hear Time is Money live. One of my top 5 bands of all time and I was too young to see them last time they toured so I'll be seeing you guys there.

• 4 months later...

Just a reminder that this show is coming up this Monday night.

And they def are playing some old tunes. here's a recent interview quote from Gira:

"the songs that I sent everybody to learn how to play are: “Power for Power” from the first album Filth, “Clay Man” and “Your Property,” from Cop, “I Crawled” and “Raping a Slave,” from the Young God EP, “Another You” and “A Screw,” from Holy Money, “Anything for You,” from Greed, and from Children of God: “Sex God Sex” and “Beautiful Child.”

Bummer! Nothing from the excellent (but stylistically more acoustic than what it looks like they will be playing) White Light From The Mouth Of Infinity or Love Of Life albums, but still pretty cool. Saw them years ago and it was fantastic. Reports I've read from earlier shows of this tour have been a slew of positive adjectives from FIERCE to NOISY to STUNNING. $20 is steep, but more than certain they'll be worth it.

Edited by DJ Saint

Guest greyhalo

I am bummed that they're not coming to Portland on this tour. I've seen the Swans twice at St. Andrews--in '91 and in '96. Both shows were great. I've also seen the Angels of Light (another M. Gira project). Gira always puts on a terrific show!

• 2 weeks later...