Masque Era SAT 4/24 Leland Ballroom

Caught a bit of Function13 prior to DJ'ing in the main room. Great stuff as usual. Pick up that "Prostitute" single people because the music is really good and the artwork is really neat ;)

Missed Pulsestate because he went on at the same time I started my DJ shift. Have caught their performance many times before and will certainly catch them next time.

Caught a few songs from Servitor and of course love the energy, aggression, and primal nature of the music - This Morn Omina better watch out!

Props to the Collective for working on this event.

I thought you might dig Servitor, Marc.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mainly stayed in the ballroom with occasional trips out to City to spy on...OH GOD!!! PEOPLE :X:cold:

It was difficult to hear Function 13 and Pulse due to the Ballroom's habit of bouncing sound in odd corners before sucking it up into the four creep-tastic ceiling vents...but nonetheless, both of them were quite enjoyable...just wish I could have enjoyed them more...

Eventually, the hinky vibes from the club nearly fractured me; I couldn't even yell a request up to Saint, my voice was not coming out. (that, and he was spinning those CDs like he had murder on the brain...I kid).

Between lack of peripheral vision, progressively worsening agoraphobia, seeing stuff...you know...stuff. I began to wonder what would happen if my mind became completely unbound from my physical vessel...

The Servitor performance was my saving grace for the night. Something about those deep earthy beats allowed me to return to functionality and regain my mettle (just prior, I was seriously starting to concern my sister with my..."floaty" presence.

Yes, the ballroom is quite the challenge with bands and doing sound. It is essentially an echo chamber. Sound bounces off the walls in there making it a nightmare to sing clearly and with minimal feedback. It sounds better at softer volume levels but then the volume is too soft for live performances. The room is good for jazz trios, acoustic drumming, etc. We miked Servitor's drums but really they didn't need to be miked. I'm glad you enjoyed the show. As we continue to do shows in the ballroom, we will strive to make the sound better for everyone. We only wish that CC had a dedicated sound system in place in that room but that's a whole other story...

Yes, the ballroom is quite the challenge with bands and doing sound. It is essentially an echo chamber. Sound bounces off the walls in there making it a nightmare to sing clearly and with minimal feedback. It sounds better at softer volume levels but then the volume is too soft for live performances. The room is good for jazz trios, acoustic drumming, etc. We miked Servitor's drums but really they didn't need to be miked. I'm glad you enjoyed the show. As we continue to do shows in the ballroom, we will strive to make the sound better for everyone. We only wish that CC had a dedicated sound system in place in that room but that's a whole other story...

So, why don't you have a moderately priced fundraiser event to raise money enough to get decent sound equiptment for CC? Or at least suggest the idea to them? As I understand it, Apop has mixed alot of their music there, or within the same building{?}, and they always sounded great.

Nevertheless, the bands DID, indeed, sound very good and I enjoyed myself immensely. ^_^ 'Twas the first time I'd been in the ballroom and it's antique charm only added to the effects of my night. My, how some moved upon the dance floor and others drew my attentions with their festive garb!

Photos are finally up. Sorry it took so long this time guys, had some internet connectivity issues this week. And if your photo isn't in there I apologize, I was using a new lens and had a couple come out unexpectedly blurry. Just make sure I get 2 next time. ;)

http://www.lexmachinaphoto.com/gallery/v/events/masque-era-leland-ballroom/

Thanks again for coming out, it was awesome to see so many people in masks! You guys rock. And mad props again to everyone that helped put this night together.

Photos are finally up. Sorry it took so long this time guys, had some internet connectivity issues this week. And if your photo isn't in there I apologize, I was using a new lens and had a couple come out unexpectedly blurry. Just make sure I get 2 next time. ;)

http://www.lexmachinaphoto.com/gallery/v/events/masque-era-leland-ballroom/

Thanks again for coming out, it was awesome to see so many people in masks! You guys rock. And mad props again to everyone that helped put this night together.

Awesome pics. Between your photography and Docs lighting, you made us all look like genuine rock stars!!!

LOL, kickin' the brootal triangle solo

http://www.lexmachinaphoto.com/gallery/v/events/masque-era-leland-ballroom/servitorsanctum7/lexmachina-masque-7314.jpg.html

apparently I have an obese neck.

http://www.lexmachinaphoto.com/gallery/v/events/masque-era-leland-ballroom/servitorsanctum7/lexmachina-masque-7160.jpg.html

Awesome pics. Between your photography and Docs lighting, you made us all look like genuine rock stars!!!

LOL, kickin' the brootal triangle solo

http://www.lexmachinaphoto.com/gallery/v/events/masque-era-leland-ballroom/servitorsanctum7/lexmachina-masque-7314.jpg.html

apparently I have an obese neck.

http://www.lexmachinaphoto.com/gallery/v/events/masque-era-leland-ballroom/servitorsanctum7/lexmachina-masque-7160.jpg.html

You guys all played like genuine rock stars. Seriously I was really impressed with all 3 performances.

You don't have an obese neck! Seriously, dude, playing those drums, you're all kinds of hot. No Joke.

And the triangle solo was almost the best part! I was aghast. I thought to myself "Who the fuck makes goth industrial with a fucking triangle?! Mean Salley does, bitches, Mean Salley does."

That might have been Valentine with Frequency Mutineers, the group of DJ spinning that night.

http://www.frequencymutineers.org/photos/index.php?album=Masque_Era

Thanks for the link, I checked it but could only find band pics. Hmm?

What a mystery.