Covenant :: MODERN RUIN:: N. American tour 2010

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't like dancing. I've never felt comfortable with the whole process and whatnot. That's just me though.

I still cannot get that new song out of my head. Hope someone's got it on YouTube.

Not from the Detroit show but one version from Sweden

And the same track from the Darkstorm Festival

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_UUbfqs20o&feature=related

hey people, we're a new band, give us a break! not like theres very many other "great" bands in detroit other than d:konstruct....

<3

You're from BMM? Hollywood and I loved your set for DSA...but to be honest we weren't thrilled with the one last night =[

yea....last night was rough...honestly both US and Covenant had sound isssues....the onstage monitors weren't working....so we couldn't really "jam" out and perform like usual....

but what were some of the things you "didn't" like. curious

Well it seemed like there was more singing and less "screaming" before. And the music overall sounded better (probably the sound issue that you mentioned.) Hollywood and I were talking about it and we decided we couldn't pass judgment until we heard another show by you guys (and by the looks of it, it's almost impossible unless we boycott every single concert for the next 6 months. :evil:

Question though...what the hell does BMM stand for anyway?

Here's the setlist from the show:

Stalker

20 Hz

Feedback

Bullet

??? (New Track) -->

If I Would Give My Soul (New Track) (Thanks for linking those youtubez, Saint)

The Men

We Stand Alone

Ritual Noise

We Want Revolution

Call the Ships to Port

Encore #1:

Like Tears in Rain

Babel

Dead Stars

Encore #2:

One World, One Sky

Wow. Here's my 2 cents. Good show, alot of things happen which was out of our hand. The opening band is an opening band. Until I see more than 3 bands in this scene doing something, or you think you do better, then do so. Atleast they are doing something.

The mix CD was a mix CD...Get over it.

and we all seen a band we all wanted to see.

Seems like all I see in this board are more finger pointing than a US Judicial Senate hearing about the oil spill; people complaining about every little detail yet forgetting the key fact that we seen Covenant.

Period. Stop complaining.

After hearing just how many sound issues there were that night, I am retracting my comments. I'll go somewhere to see BMM again and give them a fair listen on a issue-free sound system. I won't hold a bad sound system against a band. It really can have a huge impact on how it comes across to the audience.

I'll comment again after I see them again ;)

Wow. Here's my 2 cents. Good show, alot of things happen which was out of our hand. The opening band is an opening band. Until I see more than 3 bands in this scene doing something, or you think you do better, then do so. Atleast they are doing something.

The mix CD was a mix CD...Get over it.

and we all seen a band we all wanted to see.

Seems like all I see in this board are more finger pointing than a US Judicial Senate hearing about the oil spill; people complaining about every little detail yet forgetting the key fact that we seen Covenant.

Period. Stop complaining.

I have a better idea. Constructive criticism. Nothing gets better if people don't know there's a problem and don't speak up about it. Actually, it was more Marc (DJ Saint's) idea. But since I'm Marc too, I can take credit.. :stuart:

I have a better idea. Constructive criticism. Nothing gets better if people don't know there's a problem and don't speak up about it. Actually, it was more Marc (DJ Saint's) idea. But since I'm Marc too, I can take credit.. :stuart:

Is saying "The opening suck" and etc. constructive criticism? No. That sounds like hyper-criticism;unjustified criticism and just plain faultfinding is all I see in this forum.

Good to speak up, yes. But nagging? no.

Is saying "The opening suck" and etc. constructive criticism? No. That sounds like hyper-criticism;unjustified criticism and just plain faultfinding is all I see in this forum.

Good to speak up, yes. But nagging? no.

I don't mean to be rude here if I am, and I hope I have everything correct. But I don't see anyone blatantly saying "the opening suck". They either said it wasn't their thing/ didn't care for it or they thought that something was off (like the sound system, previously stated).

This whole forum is a place for open expression and discussion, like in normal human conversations. If someone can't take it then I believe they need to step out.

I don't mean to be rude here if I am, and I hope I have everything correct. But I don't see anyone blatantly saying "the opening suck". They either said it wasn't their thing/ didn't care for it or they thought that something was off (like the sound system, previously stated).

This whole forum is a place for open expression and discussion, like in normal human conversations. If someone can't take it then I believe they need to step out.

I said they sucked balls. :secret:

I definately think BMM should be given another shot (and anyone who knows my opionions about music taste should appreciate that since I'm insanely picky on music..) will everyone like them? No, of course not. But at the same time they're out there doing what they love and I jave to give them credit for it. Although the lead singer reminds me of one of the scenes from Creep Show...sounding like he's singing under water *giggles*

Looking over the 3 pages of responses on this topic I cannot find one point where Saint offered "Constructive Criticism." On the opening band he said "no comment" and on me he did nothing but trash talk. Even after it was clearly explained online that I did not DJ. He knew I was not DJing as we spoke, however briefly as it was on the smoking patio. If he was not aware before his post. He was after the thread continued of my non-involvement due to technical reasons. Yet offered no retraction. After I posted that I did not DJ at all, Kat still took the time to fan the flames some more and attack me. All in all this thread has had taken a nasty turn. If any of the moderators are watching where we are currently, one request. Can we for the love of God just close this thread and the Whats Wrong with City Club thread. Lets try and diminish the negativity that has prevailed so much this week. Before the moderators act lets all show self-restraint and close this on our own.

Can't we all just get along,

Don't tase me bro,

Jinx

Edited by Jinx

Covenant isnt really my thing, they have a few good tracks but not enough to get me out of the house. I know Myer is amazing but im not sure how much he could change the older songs to make them better. I do look forward to hearing the new album though. Glad people had a good time.

Dont delete the thread, just delete posts, its easier that way. Although I dont see a need to delete anything.

Looking over the 3 pages of responses on this topic I cannot find one point where Saint offered "Constructive Criticism." On the opening band he said "no comment" and on me he did nothing but trash talk. Even after it was clearly explained online that I did not DJ. He knew I was not DJing as we spoke, however briefly as it was on the smoking patio. If he was not aware before his post. He was after the thread continued of my non-involvement due to technical reasons. Yet offered no retraction. After I posted that I did not DJ at all, Kat still took the time to fan the flames some more and attack me. All in all this thread has had taken a nasty turn. If any of the moderators are watching where we are currently, one request. Can we for the love of God just close this thread and the Whats Wrong with City Club thread. Lets try and diminish the negativity that has prevailed so much this week. Before the moderators act lets all show self-restraint and close this on our own.

Can't we all just get along,

Don't tase me bro,

Jinx

I think you're being a little too defensive. Chill out, guy. So you didn't DJ and some people commented on it. So what? You've said some pretty critical things about City Club, as well as just about everyone who has DJ'ed there. It happens. Moving on...