Covenant :: MODERN RUIN:: N. American tour 2010

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nearly the exact same set as their performance in Montreal. Save for where they played "We Want Revolution" here in Pontiac, at Kinetik they played an insanely awesome version of "Figurehead". Even Eskils "Thank Yous" and additional commentary was on cue with the Canadian show. That new track "Die For Me" (tentative title) sounds better each time heard. Daniel Myer brings such an amazing new sonic dynamic to the live show - so much tweaking going on which you could hear on "Bullet" and "Call the Ships to Port" especially. Another excellent performance that's making me even more impatient for the new CD "Modern Ruin".

I guess maybe it was just me, but I was kinda disappointed in the show...it kinda felt like the singer was just "phoning it in". I don't know...but for some reason it just kinda felt like he was singing like half the lyrics to an instrumental version of the backtrack. He seemed kinda...out of it? Apparently everyone else thought it was great though so it must have just been me. I was sad though because they are one of my favorite groups of all time so it was a very disappointing show for me T___T

Anyone know the reason for the fire alarm before the show?

I had a real good time. I saw Saint a few times through the night, that man looked like he was having a ball!

Btw, anyone else think that opening band was lame?

No you're not the only one. I didn't think they were the greatest either.

Covenant was fucking amazing. So glad I went. And the new song really makes me want the new album now.

Great show! Daniel Myer adds so much to the music (and he's tweaking it live, too!), while Eskil has a grandiose stage presence that fits him and the band very well.

This is the best Covenant show I have seen yet, and the new songs sound fantastic. They've still got it :)

I guess maybe it was just me, but I was kinda disappointed in the show...it kinda felt like the singer was just "phoning it in". I don't know...but for some reason it just kinda felt like he was singing like half the lyrics to an instrumental version of the backtrack. He seemed kinda...out of it? Apparently everyone else thought it was great though so it must have just been me. I was sad though because they are one of my favorite groups of all time so it was a very disappointing show for me T___T

Anyone know the reason for the fire alarm before the show?

That's Eskils persona on and off the stage. He's casually reserved and that comes through sometimes in his stage presence, yet you also see moments where he really connects with the songs energy and the results are magical.

That alarm was a douchebag alert system letting everyone know... well you know... ;)

I had a real good time. I saw Saint a few times through the night, that man looked like he was having a ball!

Heh, and I almost didn't go... but once there it was really good to see plenty of friends, to catch Covenant once again and enjoy life.

No comment on any musical happenings prior to Covenant.

I generally had a good time and thought it was a good show, though there were moments where I kinda understand where you're coming from. It was like there was something missing but I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was. Part of it was because it seemed so empty behind them on the stage. Partly because of musical issues.

I think the term "sucks balls" works. They were horrid and unoriginal. Tonya and I counted the times they used the word "motherfuckers". Eight.

I had an awesome time. It was great to see everyone! I didnt think the opening band was to bad. Covenant just blew my mind thoe. I danced most of the night as usual. How come people dont open more up and dance at these shows?

Oh, one more thing... whose idea was it to play Coil - "Are You Shivering?" before Covenant took the stage? It was so nice to hear that song finally in a room full of people. It's strangely beautiful.

Coil's "moon musick" phase, beginning with the album that that song comes from (Musick to Play in the Dark, issued 1999), showed Jhonn Balance and his cohorts at their best. RIP Jhonn, going up...

just as an fyi, I know at least one BMM member is a member here on the board.

while I'm not a diehard BMM fan, Convenant rocked my socks.

I think it was an off night for BMM. They opened for Deadstar Assembly and Hollywood and I really enjoyed them and were excited to find they were the openers. But they sang a couple songs at the last concert and I think that was a better suited sound for them...and there wasn't running around (and almost falling) done by the lead singer...

just as an fyi, I know at least one BMM member is a member here on the board.

So are the club DJ's and that doesn't stop anyone from posting on here if they SUCK ;)

But yeah I know what you mean we should all refrain from any negative unnecessary comments. Constructive criticism might be ok.

Nice to see ya last night.