DGN Lazerquest mayhem?

Raev

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's by my house. I've been one time. It's pretty cool, but they don't allow you to run so you kind of feel like a fat baptist trudging around shooting at people. They recordall of your shots and hits are registered to so you get a little card at the end of your session that tells you how good you are or how much you oughta not hunt to survive.

I played lasertag at Zap Zone last winter and since it was only me and my few other friends, they allowed us to run around.

any updates.....?

bump bump**

Has anybody actually contacted LQ about a possible group rate if we get enough people? Also, if I remember correctly from my membership days, lock-ins are $30 in advance and $35 at the door. While on the expensive side, its usually my preferred way to go, as its VERY cost effective, and you're not tripping over little kids.

Has anybody actually contacted LQ about a possible group rate if we get enough people? Also, if I remember correctly from my membership days, lock-ins are $30 in advance and $35 at the door. While on the expensive side, its usually my preferred way to go, as its VERY cost effective, and you're not tripping over little kids.

You also don't have Crosstown breathing all over your lady-folks.

To let everyone know ahead of time, due to the fact that on it's own it will be a hefty bill, if I am to do a lock-in or straight out reserve the place for a private party it can be up to $525 and I'm going to ask people to pre-pay me for obvious reasons. I'm only saying such because at MANFAST I had a few people stick me with lot rent because I was a nice Chernobyl and trusted them enough to let them pay me when we all got there. Hmmph, that's what I get for being a nice Cherny.

So yes, the reason I'm going to have this in early February (the first weekend probably) is so that people have time to go and pre-pay me. I take check, money order, cash (I can drive to you or if you're in BFE we can meet up), and PayPal, just to make it easy on everyone. I'm starting to throw enough pre-pay BIG events that I really SHOULD look into getting a Visa/Mastercard machine :tongue:.

I didn't mind MANFAST so much because for one lot there was four people and it was never likely that ALL four would bail and also because the lots are cheaper than Laser Quest, but I'm setting it up so that I don't get stiffed on money.

SO...it will be PRE-PAY and NO REFUNDS....AND: If you don't PAY then you DON'T PLAY. I'm VERY strictly enforcing that rule for this event, absolutely NO exceptions.

Oh, and expect more of an update later, such as pricing. I mean later within the next two hours or so hopefully. I'm leaning with LQ since they have the most BADASS Laser Quest and all of the knock-offs sucked the last time I checked, but then again Eevee had an idea with Beamerz because I know they have DDR there since I competed in a DDR tournament at Zap Zone back in 2006 at which time my ego was pwned because I got my shit wrecked by a seven year old asian boy.

I dunno, maybe Zap Zone is out of the question...too many bad memories of defeat :tongue: . On the other hand, Zap Zone is also awesome due to their location being RIGHT next to The Locker Room, Hatchey's, and Cactus Jack's.

I'll check if other Laser Tag places have improved, as I said, and if they have better rates. If not then so far we're probably going with Laser Quest in Madison Heights.

Edited by Chernobyl

Aiming for: Saturday Evening, February 6th

How it breaks down: We can reserve the ENTIRE maze for either two games or three games. We would have our own group lock-in and we would also have the option of doing teams instead of just having a free-for-all. We can also mix and match I believe and have one game free-for-all, next game teams, etc. Sounds like more fun than monkeys in a barrel on peyote.

The all important awesomeness of PRICING: We are allowed UP TO 30 people in the group. As I count right now we have around 25 and I also have friends that I can use as "filler" to lower the price. I have no doubt we can do it in the 28-30 range. THE MORE PEOPLE THE LOWER THE PRICE.

If we have ALL 30 people (and as I said, this will most likely not be a problem) two games will cost $12 per person (saving $4 from their regular walk-in free-game rate) OR if we do THREE games it will be a staggering $16.50 per person (saving $7.50 per person from their regular rate).

Should we go with three games or two? PLZ LEAVE INPUT! By next week I will decide which we should go with depending on what people say on Monday 1/18/10!

Reservations are FIRST COME FIRST SERVE and there are only THIRTY slots open! Here is how: Reservations will be exclusively one member and ONE guest to start with. This is so that someone with 8 guests doesn't come by and take up ALL the slots that actual DGN members may want to fill. I will give DGN members until (bolded because of importance): January 20th to let me know that they plan to go and if they are or are not bringing one guest. After that point I will open the reservations to as many guests as members would like in order to fill any remaining spots. If someone PMs me after that point saying "Hey I'm a member and wanted to go but now everything is full up with guests, wtf" then tough shit, the deadline was clearly posted.

Next big important part: ALL PAYMENTS ARE DUE BY: FEBRUARY 1ST!. This is crucial to YOU because I don't care what excuse there is there are no exceptions to this rule. If you do not pay by February 1st and are on the roster list and someone else who obviously didn't see the January 20th deadline wants your spot and has the money to go then guess what? You're not going. I'm VERY strict to this.

IN SHORT: Sign up by January 20th and let me know if you are bringing ONE guest. After the 20th I will post who is going and if there are open slots left for people to fill with guests. GIVE ME MONEY BY FEBRUARY 1ST. By next week I will post whether it will be $12 or $16.50, next Monday the 18th!

Last but not least: WHERE! This will be at the best Laser Quest EVAR which is located on John R. north of 13 Mile in Madison Heights. Their webpage is here: www.laserquest.com

Any further questions should be directed towards my inbox. If you are excited and just want to let someone know how excited you are, I also accept those PMs aswell.

Edited by Chernobyl

I'm in. I'll give you $ tonight if I see you @ the meeting.

I say, 3 games.

Personally I believe we'll most likely go with three, it seems like the most time-efficient as it is a bit of a hike for some people and we want to make it worth it, and on top of it you're technically saving more by doing three instead of just two, more bang for your buck.

I did say I'd give it until Monday however for people to decide, so far it's 2 people for three games, 0 people for two.

I'm in, when and where can I give you my money. And three games.

Making you our fifth reservation, not bad seeing as I only posted it early today :)

Everyone else: ACT NOW AND MORE GENERIC STUFF THAT INFOMERCIALS SAY IN ORDER TO SOUND URGENT SO YOU'LL BUY THEIR STUFF!