Speed dating for goths

Raev

If we had speed dating, would you attend?  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

alright i got to ask so how many of the people that actually voted on this so far are single do we really have 23 or more?

just wondering i know off hand that prolly at least half are from single people. also i voted yes

i'm single and voted yes...so that makes 2

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alright i got to ask so how many of the people that actually voted on this so far are single do we really have 23 or more?

just wondering i know off hand that prolly at least half are from single people. also i voted yes

I voted that I had an idea...'cause, I did..usually do; & I'm NOT single...

I'm thinking we have a good showing of interest.

(Open question to all including couples) Are there sites I should contact to add to our dating pool or other local groups I should get in contact with to include?

(Singles) How many matches would you like to "date" in one setting? I'm hoping for a range of 5-10 "dates" lasting about 10-15 minutes and a mingling hour or 2 afterwards.

(Couples) I wrangled Rev. but does anyone else want to help organize/run the event?

Unless I can find someone or a group to donate space, there may be a small door fee to balance costs with any surplus to benefit DGN. Is this an issue?

You might try Gothic Match, OKCupid and Plenty of Fish. All have forums. I could help with that. PoF is a bit scary though... OKC is alright. GM seems like lots of people are signed up but not much activity otherwise.

*Trying to think of other ways to communicate with the local underground weirdos.* Might do it through FB if we can figure out a way to get the right crowd's eyeballs.. Maybe a local dating group? Encourage everyone to pester friends to join?

Edited by Msterbeau

You might try Gothic Match, OKCupid and Plenty of Fish. All have forums. I could help with that. PoF is a bit scary though... OKC is alright. GM seems like lots of people are signed up but not much activity otherwise.

*Trying to think of other ways to communicate with the local underground weirdos.* Might do it through FB if we can figure out a way to get the right crowd's eyeballs.. Maybe a local dating group? Encourage everyone to pester friends to join?

Ok, you want to be in charge of trying to find additional interest?

Ok, you want to be in charge of trying to find additional interest?

In charge sounds like responsibility.. :p

I'll do it.

I think we should also encourage (require?) everyone here to bring along or find another person that would be compatible with this bunch of weirdos...

And... We should probably solidify the idea and everything a bit more before "advertising".

And... We should probably solidify the idea and everything a bit more before "advertising".

I was going to get ahold of Larry... He runs Studio 54, to see if we could do something there, and my other thoughts were to get ahold of people at City or Necto for location if Larry isn't into it. Otherwise, I'd have to look into hall rental costs. (we don't like costs) Other ides are welcome!

For the 1-2 hours of mingle time... We'd need some form of music, so anyone interested in helping or wants to get more advertisement for their band/group or as a DJ are welcome to pitch in. Otherwise, DGNers are gonna wanna bring some burned CDs they want me to play. Or we rely on my music collection.

Please list other ideas/suggestions people. Might as well take advantage of the fact that I seem to be doing lots of legwork for this.

I was going to get ahold of Larry... He runs Studio 54, to see if we could do something there, and my other thoughts were to get ahold of people at City or Necto for location if Larry isn't into it. Otherwise, I'd have to look into hall rental costs. (we don't like costs) Other ides are welcome!

For the 1-2 hours of mingle time... We'd need some form of music, so anyone interested in helping or wants to get more advertisement for their band/group or as a DJ are welcome to pitch in. Otherwise, DGNers are gonna wanna bring some burned CDs they want me to play. Or we rely on my music collection.

Please list other ideas/suggestions people. Might as well take advantage of the fact that I seem to be doing lots of legwork for this.

We can just set up an iPod with a few playlists for different portions of the event. DJ help would, of course, be appreciated

I'm good at pretty much anything..

And ideas galore :D!

I can help you work on the questionnaire, or decorating, setting things up.. I'm not sure how were going about all this..

Start plotting some dating questionnaires... Try to get into research about couples that have lasted it out and find out what they have in common. (bonus points and a cookie if you do the research part, and I might throw in more cookies if you do a really good job)