Speed dating for goths

Raev

If we had speed dating, would you attend?  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Where do ya'll think we should host something like this??

It has to be some place sociable yet not all loud..

Most likely... Studio 54 (1 floor below City) or possibly City on a Saturday afternoon. I dunno if Studio 54 is big enough. I'd think Necto more if I had better pull with people there. If I can't get any of these options, we might have to rent a VFW, but I'm trying to cut costs to practically nil, so we will encourage more people to show.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most likely... Studio 54 (1 floor below City) or possibly City on a Saturday afternoon. I dunno if Studio 54 is big enough. I'd think Necto more if I had better pull with people there. If I can't get any of these options, we might have to rent a VFW, but I'm trying to cut costs to practically nil, so we will encourage more people to show.

We could do it at FT's.. It's right off the freeway on Gratiot.. Down the street from where Trixie's Used to be.

That is a chill and friendly environment.. There's good food ,drinks, pool, & darts ;)

Saturday afternoons is the day Mah Bro works and I'm sure it would be cool :yes

We could do it at FT's.. It's right off the freeway on Gratiot.. Down the street from where Trixie's Used to be.

That is a chill and friendly environment.. There's good food ,drinks, pool, & darts ;).gif

Saturday afternoons is the day Mah Bro works and I'm sure it would be cool yes.gif

I have never been to FT's but it is close to where I am staying. thumbup.gif

I'm not goin' to a club...the kiddz all say that those places, "are too dark", &, "it's too loud for conversations.", (what kinda' goth sais that shit? I mean reallys :stuart: dorks, that's who :p )(I-kiiid!)...& they look like shit if you turn the lights up, well, CC did...since, like, YEARS AGO...

Guest greyhalo

This sounds like it will be fun for those who participate. I think it's best to go in with an open mind and low expectations. If anything, it will be a fun social exercise!

That is a chill and friendly environment.. There's good food ,drinks, pool, & darts ;)

Saturday afternoons is the day Mah Bro works and I'm sure it would be cool :yes

Can you get it approved for a Saturday in January? Maybe the 3rd or 4th Sat in Jan?

This sounds like it will be fun for those who participate. I think it's best to go in with an open mind and low expectations. If anything, it will be a fun social exercise!

Very true, and because you get pre-screened dates it's better than meeting random people at the bar. You very well could end up with a new friend or date.

Besides, you might get fun snacks!

The term "speed dating" makes me think that were I to take some fine honey out on a date, we would have to run from the car to the restaurant, eat our food really fast, run back to the car, race to the theater, get in the shortest line, buy a ticket, sit on the edge of the seat and run out 5 minutes into the movie, run back to the car, drive wicked fast to a coffee shop, buy some coffee and slug it down scalding hot, head butt each other good night and drive her home... really fast.

I R retarded.

The term "speed dating" makes me think that were I to take some fine honey out on a date, we would have to run from the car to the restaurant, eat our food really fast, run back to the car, race to the theater, get in the shortest line, buy a ticket, sit on the edge of the seat and run out 5 minutes into the movie, run back to the car, drive wicked fast to a coffee shop, buy some coffee and slug it down scalding hot, head butt each other good night and drive her home... really fast.

I R retarded.

:rofl:

:yes

So...you gonna' do it?

I voted that I had an idea...'cause, I did..usually do; & I'm NOT single...

REV!

NO YELLOW, bad boy! I know it's a free country and all but I was staring at this post, confused for 15 minutes, trying to figure out how I posted on YOUR name without knowing it...

Then I realized that you actually did use yellow font after all :rofl:. I am easily confused finals week :laugh:.

REV!

NO YELLOW, bad boy! I know it's a free country and all but I was staring at this post, confused for 15 minutes, trying to figure out how I posted on YOUR name without knowing it...

Then I realized that you actually did use yellow font after all :rofl: . I am easily confused finals week :laugh: .

Yes...I do...every once in a while...like, when I mock you, or when I use all the colours for a mega post, or (like this time) when I press the wrong button, & don't notice...odd, that's usually a first thing in the morning thing...Oh, & I use this colour sometimes...'cause it's me fav pastel...

Bad boy Rev! Imitating Cherny there, trying to confuzzle her by posting in yellow! :rofl:

STOP MAKIN' FUNNOV MEEEH! *temper tantrums!*

:rofl: No I kid, nobody could mock me more than I mock myself with the exception of Pestilence, our hick (Don), Timata, and Constantin. I are invincible to your mockinz. :evil:

I can do it too, see: I'm Reeeevvv and I like greeeeeeen and steal cooler font colors from Cherny from time to time :tongue:

In all serioulness, I REALLY wanna get involved with this, something about goth speed dating makes Chernobyl feel all warm and fuzzy inside (well, really, that may be the Taco Bell from a few days ago, but still). But I'm not single, so can I just be on the help committee like Rev and I'm assuming OMG?

Edited by Chernobyl

Cher... You're welcome to help. I'd like multiple people working on matching questions. I'll review them and come up with a base list... I'd like to have this part together by Christmas.

The matching questions are extremely important. Which is why I'd prefer them researched, so we get questions that long term couples feel are some of the most important facets of their relationships.

I also need topic card questions, so people know what to talk about. (shy people just blank for ideas sometimes)

*sitting at home, reading anesthesiology texts, drinking green tea, listening to background sounds of Babylon 5*

*knock on door, startling due to lack of a delivery order being placed. Opens door*

*woosh of air, two darts hit center of chest. StormKnight collapses*

*Wakes up bound in chair at speed dating event*