Speed dating for goths

Raev

If we had speed dating, would you attend?  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a speed dater. Forcing a rush only aggravates me, puts me on defensive for an incoming crisis, and makes me rather draconian. I would save those for work, where it keeps people alive.

I am odds having a hard enough time to unwind and enjoy a date. Putting a clock and mission objectives (note swapping, answering scripted questions,) only adds to the stress. It is antithetical and over-analytical of the FEW things I think shouldn't be, but really felt with the heart, and a few traits that you are looking for in a potential. I want a soul companion, not a score card.

Edited by StormKnight
added thoughts

I am not a speed dater. Forcing a rush only aggravates me, puts me on defensive for an incoming crisis, and makes me rather draconian. I would save those for work, where it keeps people alive.

Pick a few ladies that you really like and get to know them.

Trust me by process of elimination you will find at least one that you want to get to know.

So at an event you might like 5 people get their #'s. Get to know them and pick one that you like the best.

I like this idea overall :D!

add one "yes" vote, with the stipulation that it will entirely depend on the roads, and whether i can afford to make it out that way again in the near future.

i like the concept of speed dating as well, but i wonder, for the people who aren't the best at making conversation, are there any "cheat" cards, for example, for conversation starters? or maybe a quick "common questions" list, or some such!? that would prevent a lot of wasted time fumbling for what to ask, or being too nervous to start.

just thinking out loud...

If the event has enough positive interest.... I was thinking about making some cheat cards and having stats cards filled out for each person, so between rounds or before rounds you would be able to have an idea as to the person you're chatting with. I'm open to ideas for that.

Also, since the yes with ball is ahead right now... If you checked yes without ball, would you still be willing to attend with ball or leave before ball started? Just curious...

well, for me, that would entirely depend on what kind of ball it was... tennis ball, football, soccer ball, bocci ball? i mean, what are we talking here?

=P

add one "yes" vote, with the stipulation that it will entirely depend on the roads, and whether i can afford to make it out that way again in the near future.

i like the concept of speed dating as well, but i wonder, for the people who aren't the best at making conversation, are there any "cheat" cards, for example, for conversation starters? or maybe a quick "common questions" list, or some such!? that would prevent a lot of wasted time fumbling for what to ask, or being too nervous to start.

just thinking out loud...

...that was my idea ;)

.....a 'stat sheet' for each participant to cary around...& then, when 2 peoples sit for their 'round'...they trade cards...the cards, will be very vague, thus, requiring the reader to ask questions, & vice verse...

For successful speed dating and matching...

• Attributes and qualities you have
  • Attributes and qualities you want in a S/O
  • Orientation you want in a S/O
  • Cute litte chat cards on the tables, with multiple topics, so you can browse and pick

There will be a matching process in advance, or it would take to long to register at the door. While some matching could be done last minute, most matching is not a good idea. I really wouldn't want to have a straight chick looking for a boyfriend matched up with a lesbian looking for a girlfriend, that would be a big DOH. Also, if you have to have a person who likes peanut butter, I wouldn't match you with someone who has peanut butter allergies. (That is based entirely on the concept that you'll have some disqualifying matches based on what you're looking for. But, if you'd like to chat with more people beyond your qualities that you're looking for, I'd be happy to arrange for more matching.) My brain is jumbling all this in an organized fashion in my head, so poke me if I don't make sense.

Odds are, oh, non-single folks out there... That we'll need your help to run the event. I'm potentally not speed dating because I apparently might end up running it and because I'm batshit insane- and who the hell wants to date the chronically insane? (that was a funny)

*edited for missing )

Edited by AstralCrux

...that was my idea ;)

.....a 'stat sheet' for each participant to cary around...& then, when 2 peoples sit for their 'round'...they trade cards...the cards, will be very vague, thus, requiring the reader to ask questions, & vice verse...

Rev. is you going to help cause some single people chaos? (wanna help?)