Age differences

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Line forms behind me to exploit this special time in your life. Oops.. I'm on a cliff and everyone else is on the wrong side. Guess there's no more line. :evil:

*Sound of ice axes and crampons climbing the other side of the cliff, up SK pops, in full mountain climbing gear*

Did I ever mentioned to you that I would like to climb at least Everest and K2, as well try to be an amateur going for the 14-8000m mountains in the world?

Edited by StormKnight

What would you people rather be called than sir or ma'am?

Personally, I much prefer to be called ma'am, it's polite. Being called "Miss" irritates me. I am over 18, I'm not a "Miss" anymore. It often seems a little condescending. And heaven forbid someone calls me "Lady" (as in "Hey, lady," "My lady," is acceptable, but rarely ever used outside of Ren Faire).

...I've always been partial to M'Lord.

• 1 month later...

Fuck math Raev...

It really depends on how much of a risk both people are willing to take to invest in a relationship.

Emotional and Mental quality to be matched is a MUST, and as for buying a house and traveling, I don't think an occupational growth based in experience and finances has anything to do with age either.

I've met a 16 year old that owns a runs a boutique, a 17 year old who has finished their degree in sociology and live alone while also balancing a career in human resources, as well as a few 50 something year old's who still have the emotional quality of a 15 year old and can't handle constructive criticism....

There is a "curse" I have to deal with, and its being 21 and being serious about growth, open communication, and no-bullshit relationships.

I'm not an ageist and I find myself attracted to men and women of different ages, and backgrounds.

One thing stays constant though in my attraction....physical attraction is usually between the ages of 21-35, but as soon as that person exudes any underdevelopment in emotional or mental standards of mine, I automatically find them repulsive.

If I wasn't struggling with money, family, and my responsibilities....mind you, I would be buying a time share, traveling, and also trying to get not one but two degrees on top of finishing cosmetology school.

That being said....

I also feel very alone.

So as much as age might not matter to ME, it matters to 90% of the people that surround me....rendering me feeling pretty isolated.

No....age isn't a problem, its the ageist that is.

Large age differences can always work, if the people want them to.

Edited by asphyxian_doll

I go for mentality moreso. I dated a guy 11 1/2 years older than (some of the guys on here remember that whopping 4 1/2 months it lasted). For being 32, he acted like he was 15. He ignored all of his responsibilities and then boo-hoo'd when he was behind in his bills and did nothing to fix his problems.

Yeah, guess who doesnt speak to him now.

My preference is a few years older or around the same age. I'm almost 24, so I'd kinda prefer 23 to early thirties. Now, 32 isnt that big of a difference, only 8 years. When I was 20.... yeah, 32 was a big difference.