Age differences

Age gaps in relenships I have. Age gaps I have in my life.

19 going out with a 32 year old (engaged to 1st time)

20 going out with a 25 year old

21 going out with a 45 year old

21 going out with a 30 year old

23 going out with a 47 year old

24 going out with a 48 year old (Same woman when I was 23)

24 going out with a 38 year old (engaged second time)

25 going out with a 36 year old

25 going out with a 45 year old

25 going out with a 44 year old

26 going out with a 30 year old

26 going out with a 20 year old

27 going out with a 19 year old

27 going out with a 28 year old (got married to and now divoricing from)

-CatsEye :cat:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've dated a few guys who were older than me by a few years and a couple guys younger by a few months. I don't really mind a bit of an age difference above me, but for some reason never feel comfortable dating younger guys. I guess I like being the younger one. I'd rather date someone 5 years older than 5 months younger. Also, someone who has their act together and is a responsible adult is a big deal for me, and for whatever reason that seems to tend to happen later in our world, so that tends to put my interests on the older side as well. But about 10 years is my cut off. Any older and either they are in a different place in life than me, or they are too immature for their age which I can't respect (I know it's horribly judgmental of me, but nonetheless there it is). Also, through mid 30s you can still look like a young man, but I've never met a 40 year old who didn't show their age, so while I can respect them as a person and get along very well with them as a good friend, I don't find them physically attractive. At least that's been my experience so far!

Well, that can be arranged with certainty, but that sounds a bit icky.

Haha!

You know what's interesting? I've heard two or three stories recently where one person from an elderly couple dies and the other follows within a few months. I've heard of this before, too. It's like certain couple are so emotionally entwined that they can't live without each other..

Haha!

You know what's interesting? I've heard two or three stories recently where one person from an elderly couple dies and the other follows within a few months. I've heard of this before, too. It's like certain couple are so emotionally entwined that they can't live without each other..

Working with the elderly it seems to be true. I watch alot of the times when you get thoes cupple whom have been marrie for 40+ years. The wife dies first the husband is sure to follow shortly after. or vice versa.... I guess that why they put the vow till death do us part. But it also happends when I see someone who has worked at a place for x amount of years then retires.... they die shortly after also. its wierd.... but happeneds :/

After working at Cemetaries all summer, I'll tell you, 90% of them are cupples and most of them the man are older and normally died first, then the wife lived to like 30 years longer. lol Not all, thats just how it seemed. But if the man lasted as long as the women, or they both lived into they're 80's, yeah, one seems to died shortly after the other.

When walking throw grave yards all day, there isn't much to do other then listen to music and observe. lol

Haha!

THAT would be fine with me. No, I was referencing murder/suicide.

Working with the elderly it seems to be true. I watch alot of the times when you get thoes cupple whom have been marrie for 40+ years. The wife dies first the husband is sure to follow shortly after. or vice versa.... I guess that why they put the vow till death do us part. But it also happends when I see someone who has worked at a place for x amount of years then retires.... they die shortly after also. its wierd.... but happeneds :/

That happend between my Dad's Dad and then his Step. Mom died like 4 weeks later.

-CatsEye :cat:

Age can be just a number. What matters most is if you respect the person and the attraction is not based soley on age. There is someone I have feelings for who is quite a bit younger than me. My attraction is not based on her age. It's based on who she is on the inside. The funny, witty, sometimes silly, sometimes serious fun person that she is. She helped me find out things about myself I liked in music, anime and such. There is a common interests between us. I didn't plan on developing feelings for her. It just happenned. But when hearing someones voice or seeing their smile can make a bad day good and make you feel all warm inside. What's wrong with it? I respect her, care about her, would do anything for her to make her happy. So long as both people are legal and upfront about things, have respect for each other, it shouldn't matter.

Haha!

Yeah, medically speaking there are cases where the remaining partner is so grief stricken and depressed that their heart begins to slow down and then eventually just stops beating. It's literally dying of a broken heart.

Yeah, medically speaking there are cases where the remaining partner is so grief stricken and depressed that their heart begins to slow down and then eventually just stops beating. It's literally dying of a broken heart.

Like my grandfather who died of congestive heart failure six months after my grandmother died? Yep.

Like my grandfather who died of congestive heart failure six months after my grandmother died? Yep.

Awww, that's so sad, yet so sweet.

I like much younger guys. I think it's because I act like I'm 12. Boo yah.

Now, me personally - I tend to use the rule of thumb of 3up/3down...which at my age puts my dating range at 27-33 (that is, if I hadn't sworn off dating until finished with school). Reason being - it means I'd have been able to go to high school with that person back in the day, so we've lived through the same changes in the world. When I start to piss and moan about hearing Nirvana on the oldies station (which, I have) - I'd like the other person to be able to say "Wow, I remember when that was new..." right along with me.

I'll flirt with the younger ones, because I like to flirt - but I really personally don't think it could work out ever. At my age, I think about buying my house (I'm shopping for one), my 401k, planning my next trip out of state and two trips out of country etc.

I know very few younger women with the same mindset.

Now, I have a cousin who has it down to a formula. 1/2 of your age +7 for the youngest, your age + 1/2 of your mothers age at time of your birth -1 for oldest (putting her closer to his age, than his moms).

For me it would be 1/2 of 30.. 15+7=22 for the youngest. 30+9 (ma was 18 when I was born) -1=38 for oldest. I find that slightly absurd.

Now, are we overcomplicating/overthinking things? Do you think a large age difference can work? What's your age rule? Share with the class :)

Age is nothing but a number sweety . . .

I've been with someone over 15 years older than me at the age of 17 . . .

Im not into age as long as u know what you want in your life now me personally im not into dating or relationships im the type of person to put myself in those situations because i dont trust guys or girls cuz girls are just as dirty as men can be . . . I'm true and im honest ill treat u with the same respect you treat me but if u cross the line im like king kong in this bitch . . . if your decent enough ill give you the time a day jus as long as its not some old grandfather type guy . . .

• 4 weeks later...

I have made the joke as far as how young I would go, "If they can't buy me liquor, what use do I have for them?"

Seriously, even though age isn't a deal breaker, at some point, how realistic is it? How likely is it that someone under legal drinking age is going to be enticing to me? Not very! Even just for play time. Thinking about it, since I've been out of high school, I only messed with one person under 21, and that was a decade ago.

I have the advantage of years on my side, I can go out with a man that is 10 years younger, and he is a man in every sense of the word. If I were younger, That would probably not be the case.

I just find it somewhat amusing, that not all too long after writing this, I find myself intrigued by a man 14 years my junior. :X:wallbash:

*Smirk* *Giggle* *Snort*

Shut up Marc! I love you! Damn it! I wouldn't phase me if it was purely a physical attraction, but I can't help crushing on him a little. I'm not used to this, like you are =P . You're a bad influence! Wait...you're a good influence! Haha! Advice? :wink

Nah, I don't think he's available, anyway. I hope I don't make a total ass of myself next time I see him. :X Damn it!

I think age is just a number. If you act how you feel than it doesnt matter.

Ive dated a man 9 and 1/2 years older than myself, and I loved him very much. Even had his child. Mind you, when I gave birth We both changed and things didnt work out. But I still felt like we fitted in that time. Age doesnt matter when it comes to love.

My aunt and uncle are almost 20 years apart, my aunt is the younger one. but they still love each other very much.

My Nana (moms mom) died of cancer (that we are sure started in her heart) less than two months after my granddad died. It does happen I guess.

Shut up Marc! I love you! Damn it! I wouldn't phase me if it was purely a physical attraction, but I can't help crushing on him a little. I'm not used to this, like you are =P . You're a bad influence! Wait...you're a good influence! Haha! Advice? :wink

Nah, I don't think he's available, anyway. I hope I don't make a total ass of myself next time I see him. :X Damn it!

:rofl: