Police: Man Who Claimed Stabbing Didn't Want To Go To Work

Edgewater Police Charge Aaron Siebers With False Reporting

POSTED: 12:10 pm MST November 3, 2009

EDGEWATER, Colo. -- A man who claimed he was attacked and stabbed in Edgewater Monday night has admitted he stabbed himself because he didn't want to go to work.

Aaron Siebers, 29, reported the stabbing at about 6:30 p.m. when he walked to his job at Blockbuster Video, 1921 Sheridan Blvd.

Siebers was rushed to St. Anthony Hospital where he received stitches to close his wound.

Meanwhile, officers from Edgewater, Mountain View, Lakewood, Lakeside and Jefferson County began a search for the suspects, who had been described as three skinheads or Hispanic males dressed in black. He told police they tried to rob him and then stabbed him with a knife.

Investigators reviewed surveillance video taken at a nearby business. It failed to show an attack where Siebers claimed it had happened.

Siebers was re-interviewed by detectives who said he finally admitted he stabbed himself because he didn't want to go to work.

What a boob..... :rofl:

Working at Blockbuster really that bad?

Exactly! And I agree with those who said at least he had a job. And what's with this story about "three skinheads or Hispanic males dressed in black"? He could have said three skinheaded or bald Hispanics....it just seems funny to me that he seperated the description like that.

My very first boyfriend did something stupid like this after our break-up. He showed up at my house crying, and gasping, saying he was just walking down the street and someone jumped out of the bushes and stabbed him. He finally let me take a look, and all I saw was a teeeeeeeeeny tiny scratch that wasn't even bleeding. Stabbed my ass! Bunghole got back in my house, though, and my dumb ass felt sorry for him at the time. Anyone who would stab themselves, or even lie about, clearly has other issues going on.

So the Blockbuster guy didn't have to go to work, but now he has an ER bill, had to sit at the hospital for a few hours, AND is now totally busted. Should have just gone to work genius!!! lol

Thanks for the good laugh LillyLu! :)

Hmm... I wonder if he got time off for mental health? seems like someone who stabs himself to avoid work needs some help.

Also, if suicide is felony, who do they prosecute? dr k isn't as active as he used to be.

Thats if they don't succeed in offing themselves.

Wow. That is pretty bizarre. And, weirdly, that reminds me of an obscure, tasteless movie starring Tim Roth and Tupac Shakur: "Gridlock'd," from 1997, in which two junkies stab each other to try to get drugs from the ER. Most memorable bit of that film, besides Tim Roth's terrible American accent: all the buses emblazoned with DTA for 'Detroit Transit Authority.' Anyway, somebody give that man a Darwin Award already.