Ghetto Fabulous Home

Destroit

As any of you who have read my thread in the "Relationship/Homelife/Pets" forum would know, I just bought a CRAZY house in Warren. I fucking love it. Seriously the best decision I have made in my life other than taking in Gitzie and deciding in a drunken haze 3 and a half years ago at CC when And One was playing that I was going to make out with my then best friend. Many of you know him as Pestilence.

So, as I promised, here are pictures of my wacky house. It's starting to come along already, Punky's room is already 90% painted, Timata's room is like 40% painted, there's other shit that needs to be done, we're going to work on it today. Hopefully will be moved in there with a certificate of occupancy in 2-3 weeks. But this is what the house looked like on the day that we closed on it (August 11th) and you will ALL marvel in its hoodocity.

If anyone wants the backstory behind the house, see the thread "The Last House on the Left" in the "Relationships/Homelife/Pets" forum.

In this house, you walk into the front door and you're in the kitchen, not the living room:

Image085.jpg

Kitchen:

Image084.jpg

Image083.jpg

My living room of entrapment (in case of emergency, break giant bay window and jump out into the rosebush located underneath it :evil: ):

Image081.jpg

Image082.jpg

Creepy angel-infused bathroom. There is a window behind the bathtub, believe it or not:

Image086.jpg

Image087.jpg

Punky's Room (the nasty nicotine soaked carpet is gone):

Image088.jpg

Image089.jpg

Timata's Dolphin-Infused Room:

Image090.jpg

Image091.jpg

We have no hallway, we have this rotunda thing. It is central in the house and the bathroom, staircase to our room, Timata's room, the living room, and Punky's room comes off it. The only way to enter it is through the kitchen. The house is laid out like most older prisons, ironically enough:

Image109.jpg

Image110.jpg

Creepy basement, sans plumbing when this pic was taken:

Image092.jpg

Image095.jpg

Bathroom in the basement and the last homeowner's preference in beer:

Image093.jpg

Image094.jpg

Brittany's Lair (there were FIVE girls living in this one room, I deducted this by the writing on the walls):

Image102.jpg

Image101.jpg

Image100.jpg

Image099.jpg

Image098.jpg

Image097.jpg

And lastly, before we go outside, the place where the last homeowner overdosed on 30 ecstacy pills...OUR room:

Image080.jpg

Image079.jpg

Image078.jpg

Image077.jpg

My garage:

Image104.jpg

Back of house and backyard:

Image106.jpg

Image105.jpg

Image107.jpg

Image108.jpg

Edited by Chernobyl

NOTE...this house cost me $8,000 CASH. I never have to pay a single house payment again for the rest of my life and I'm 24. Fuck yes. Chernobyl's financial smarts FTW!

I must thank Boshy for raising me to be stingy and yet still know when to spend money in order to have fun. It's called living within your means...most Americans should get out a pen and paper to take notes on this foreign new concept :rolleyes:.

NOTE...this house cost me $8,000 CASH. I never have to pay a single house payment again for the rest of my life and I'm 24. Fuck yes. Chernobyl's financial smarts FTW!

I must thank Boshy for raising me to be stingy and yet still know when to spend money in order to have fun. It's called living within your means...most Americans should get out a pen and paper to take notes on this foreign new concept :rolleyes: .

So true! Lots of good deals on housing right now. Wish I was able to take advantage of it myself.

The pics are actually not as bad as I had expected (except for the black mold and the basement bathroom, yikes, heh heh) but that stuff is going to be fixable. You are going to have yourself a great little home there when finished and even with all the work definitely an awesome thing to have it paid for! I'm so happy for you :)

So true! Lots of good deals on housing right now. Wish I was able to take advantage of it myself.

The pics are actually not as bad as I had expected (except for the black mold and the basement bathroom, yikes, heh heh) but that stuff is going to be fixable. You are going to have yourself a great little home there when finished and even with all the work definitely an awesome thing to have it paid for! I'm so happy for you :)

I agree the only thing that I was actually expecting was the black mold in the bathroom