DECLARE YOUR INDEPENDENCE @ the UNDERGROUND

7/4/2009

DECLARE YOUR INDEPENDENCE

9:00 PM at The Underground formerly the Labyrinth

400 Bagely underneath City Club, Detroit, Michigan 48226

Cost: $10 18+

Declare your Independence with the Grand Opening of THE UNDERGROUND (Formerly the Labyrinth NOW REMODELED)! Hip Hop vs. Industrial the ELECTRONIC Showdown.

Live Performances by:

Ted Cikowski - www.myspace.com/tedcikowski

Boomalang the Hater – www.myspace.com/boomalang

RenCen – www.myspace.com/rencenrocks

Robot Says No - www.robotsaysno.com

D:Konstruct – www.myspace.com/dkonstruct2009

FEEL FREE TO ASK QUESTIONS!

Edited by robotsaysno

Will be interesting to see who shows up to it. Odd blend, I will say.

Based on our previous experience playing out with the artist on the line up it has been a very warm response. if you give all the artists a listen it an odd but harmonious blend of electronic music and hell we need a change of pace from the boring drab shows that are going on these days. all the artists on the line up have their own unique stage presence and the evening should be a motley assortment of music lovers, city clubbers, hip hoppers and people looking for something different.

Based on our previous experience playing out with the artist on the line up it has been a very warm response. if you give all the artists a listen it an odd but harmonious blend of electronic music and hell we need a change of pace from the boring drab shows that are going on these days. all the artists on the line up have their own unique stage presence and the evening should be a motley assortment of music lovers, city clubbers, hip hoppers and people looking for something different.

So to be clear, when you say "industrial" do you mean more EBMindustrial-ish or more clubbish neo-EBM kind of stuff? Both?

the mold is all taken care of a restoration company came in and abolished all the mold and it has sense been bleached and all that jazz.

in response to the types of music out there:

Ted does pretty straight forward industrial.

Boomalang is tongue in cheek hip-hop

Robot Says No is Electronic Metal

Rencen is a unique mix of rock and hip hop

and D:Konstruct is an old Lab Fav. doing highly danceable Industrial/Electronica

but don't just take my word for it give the bands a listen the links are next to the band names in the original post.

from my understanding CC may not be open that night. outside of that no you don't get cover into CC its 5 bands for one cover hit City after it is still a low cost alternative.

And Rev yes i think the atmosphere is going to be amazing. Being in Robot Says No i have already played with 2 of the acts up and know one of the other acts so we all click very well this should transfer to the crowd's energy. T

Edited by robotsaysno

That's DGN City Club night

If you buy tickets to the Lab, do you get into CC free.

Before you answer, know that if the answer is no, you're probably promoting this event on the wrong site.

People still advertise other Saturday night events here all the time...it's not like they aren't allowed to show another event that's happening on a Saturday. ><

from my understanding CC may not be open that night. outside of that no you don't get cover into CC its 5 bands for one cover hit City after it is still a low cost alternative.

And Rev yes i think the atmosphere is going to be amazing. Being in Robot Says No i have already played with 2 of the acts up and know one of the other acts so we all click very well this should transfer to the crowd's energy. T

Wait...what?

Why the hell wouldn't City be open? What are you talking about?

Guest greyhalo

I hope the basement doesn't have as much water on the floor as CC did last night. The building is a mess.

Anyway, I used to like the LAB and am glad to know that the space will one agian be used for events like this. Good luck!

this is what i heard. don't shoot me =).

*pulls gun away* next time, please get official information before posting something like that. it causes a lot of confusion and makes you out to look like someone who can't get their junk straight when someone who really does know what they're talking about posts that it will be open.

my guess is that whoever told you that must've thought the 4th was on a sunday and not a saturday. Either that, or (and I don't want to assume because I really don't like to think ill of someone who hasn't been here long) you're just trying to drum up more buisness for your night. I REALLY hope its not the latter.

*pulls gun away* next time, please get official information before posting something like that. it causes a lot of confusion and makes you out to look like someone who can't get their junk straight when someone who really does know what they're talking about posts that it will be open.

my guess is that whoever told you that must've thought the 4th was on a sunday and not a saturday. Either that, or (and I don't want to assume because I really don't like to think ill of someone who hasn't been here long) you're just trying to drum up more buisness for your night. I REALLY hope its not the latter.

City Club is never ever closed on Saturday, so yeah, I'm also wondering where he heard this. The only way CC would be closed on a Saturday is if the Leland collapsed the night before.

Let me just say on behalf of D:konstruct, the guys we've met for this show really are an awesome group. I feel that this is going to be a very fun and energetic show. I have always had a soft spot in my heart for the Lab and the Detroit scene. I hope you all will join us for a fun night and hopefully the beginning of something new and something that will compliment CC and it's following.

robert

D:konstruct

City Club is never ever closed on Saturday, so yeah, I'm also wondering where he heard this. The only way CC would be closed on a Saturday is if the Leland collapsed the night before.

:rofl:

i only made that statement due to what the promoter, that is helping me with the show, had told me. retract the statement and in no way am i trying to draw business from city i mean its the same venue/building all money goes to the same pot. so don't worry it was just an error on my part.