chakra & meditation

Stymie

How many people are very knowledgeable in the world of chakras here?

Meditations too, Not just for chakras.

I read a bit on chakra points and for whatever reason.

Having a hard time applying a few things, for myself.

Not sure if it's that.

I am not a reader/do'er.

Or that I am more a hands on person when coming to learning.

That being said, Same for meditation too.

Now me being a very much ADHD person.

Focusing, sitting still and stuff...sucks!

Now I can focus, with not one other thought.

Here and there.

But doing things I shouldn't be doing.

Like Driving 130+mph On 75 and 275 (Man I fucking love doing that too!)

And a few other dangerous things.

Or just silly shit.

I can not do these things all the time for my meditation.

Many reasons, main being a single father.

My kids need me be around.

I have many questions.

Some, I am not even sure how to say.

Side note, I used to take meds for my adhd.

Still have this prob.

Maybe just have not hit the right meds for me or not.

Not sure...

When I try meditation this is kind of how I fell,

2niuut0-1.gif

I stopped taking all medication for adhd awhile ago and have bad adhd too.

oh and narcalepsy

yah its easier to meditate with speed well duh it keeps you awake, but its a crutch.

I find the srf meditations work well as I have 2-4 things to focus on WHILE i am meditating.

Like, visual concentrations...mantras...

posture...

I also find the way my mind works....its best to have a distraction to shut off, then I can shut off my whole mind...actually used to meditate LISTENING to metal...when I got where I actually didn't hear it anymore...I was able to get deep inside myself.

Edited by Homicidalheathen

I know about Chakras, but am not a believer.

As for meditation, I have been practicing for around a month which I do in the still sense sitting or laying down. I don't think drugs necessarily make things better or worse for meditation; the mind alone is the ultimate psychoactive.

In the not so still sense, I put in a lot of effort into what I do, but effortlessly and fluidly. Its good to remember that you only live in the present and any dabbling with past or future is a projection into the present. A good personal mantra for me in getting wrapped up in things is, "Your life situation is not your life."

Any situation won't affect a person who conquers it by accepting it. Acceptance is a huge part of all meditation. All boundaries are waiting to be accepted.

Keeping focus while meditating usually comes with frustration and/or annoyance, both of which come from being attached to temporary identity. Its very good to practice transparency by interviewing yourself and silently spectating your thoughts and emotions.

Though meditation I have sharpened my cognition, and cultivated strong, positive emotions, as well as some that amplified stranger and maddening aspects. As opposed to just being intently focused and transparent, I am also more prone to use visualizations and question myself to reach states overwhelming enough to eliminate most or all of the stream of thought.

Here is Binaural Beat freeware I've been using on and off. It supposedly helps people focus, relax, or get in other meditative states.

http://uazu.net/sbagen/

Then there are 'The Four Immeasurables' from Buddhism: Love, Compassion, Sympathetic Joy, and Equanimity. I think these in themselves are more important than mantras.

I have to work on breathing which is probably why I am not great at holding still meditation for long amounts of time yet, but that's also important and apparently the basis of the word Chi. >.>

Edited by Scales

I know about Chakras, but am not a believer.

As for meditation, I have been practicing for around a month which I do in the still sense sitting or laying down. I don't think drugs necessarily make things better or worse for meditation; the mind alone is the ultimate psychoactive.

In the not so still sense, I put in a lot of effort into what I do, but effortlessly and fluidly. Its good to remember that you only live in the present and any dabbling with past or future is a projection into the present. A good personal mantra for me in getting wrapped up in things is, "Your life situation is not your life."

Any situation won't affect a person who conquers it by accepting it. Acceptance is a huge part of all meditation. All boundaries are waiting to be accepted.

Keeping focus while meditating usually comes with frustration and/or annoyance, both of which come from being attached to temporary identity. Its very good to practice transparency by interviewing yourself and silently spectating your thoughts and emotions.

Though meditation I have sharpened my cognition, and cultivated strong, positive emotions, as well as some that amplified stranger and maddening aspects. As opposed to just being intently focused and transparent, I am also more prone to use visualizations and question myself to reach states overwhelming enough to eliminate most or all of the stream of thought.

Here is Binaural Beat freeware I've been using on and off. It supposedly helps people focus, relax, or get in other meditative states.

http://uazu.net/sbagen/

Then there are 'The Four Immeasurables' from Buddhism: Love, Compassion, Sympathetic Joy, and Equanimity. I think these in themselves are more important than mantras.

I have to work on breathing which is probably why I am not great at holding still meditation for long amounts of time yet, but that's also important and apparently the basis of the word Chi. >.>

:thumbup:

• 1 month later...

With more experience in account.. I've lowered my level of skepticism towards Chakras, being that they may have notably deeper ties to cognition than arrest of the body; the stomach being most significant to me where emotions manifest most heavily.