DEMF: Super Awesome People Spot/Day

OK, listen up! The Tigers will be playing at Comerica Park on 5/23 and 5/24. Saturday's game has a 7:05 PM starting time, and Sunday's game begins at 1:00 PM. The Red Wings may be playing as well, so parking could be kinda complicated. My suggestion is to use the Ford Auditorium underground garage, but I've also found free street parking in years past.

i usually park around city club, the blocks surrounding that intersection and i have no problem finding free parking (after all, meters go off at 6 saturday and they're off sunday and monday)

i take the people mover if i'm too tired, otherwise it's not a far walk at all

DO NOT park on cobo roof dear god you cannot rest in your car without cops/security hassling you, it's crazy expensive, and it's just as much of a walk as less expensive parking spaces u just gotta look

Shit...I suggest you all do like us...take the bus! No need for a DD...& you don't have to worry about it...don't live nearby? park in your hotel..no hotel? maybe you park over here & we all bus down? EH...BUS-PARTY ANYBODY!?!?!??!

(edit:buss is spelled bus)

Edited by Rev.Reverence

I don't mind the charge at all, but that's just me.

If you're going to the Hoedown for just one day, make it Saturday - Willie Nelson's headlining!

actually willie plays sunday

also i will be here at the hoedown all 3 days so if any of you curious goths want to see what a bunch of drunk rednecks look like i am usually by the fountain or the water.

also save a horse and ride a cowboy

Edited by Constantin

i usually park around city club, the blocks surrounding that intersection and i have no problem finding free parking (after all, meters go off at 6 saturday and they're off sunday and monday)

i take the people mover if i'm too tired, otherwise it's not a far walk at all

DO NOT park on cobo roof dear god you cannot rest in your car without cops/security hassling you, it's crazy expensive, and it's just as much of a walk as less expensive parking spaces u just gotta look

The Red Wings will be in Chicago next weekend, so this area should be good for parking. The Joe Louis garage might be a good option as well. :)

I'll be don there all weekend. So hit me up find me down there.

I'll also be at DTMs and Nightsneaks afterparties.

I'll be wearing a bloody white-T and white tripp pants the first day on DEMF.

So if you see me say this Yo Tryp! Waka Waka!

Then I'll know your from DGN> Or just tell me. Lol.

Edited by Tryp

WOW series of dumbness caused sluagh686 and i to be even later than we thought we'd be but we still got there around 7:30...

didn't happen to see anyone around the fountain, and i missed rev and OMG entirely (which is odd, you guys are normally easy to spot in all your awesome hair-ness)

day TWO starts as i eat this chicken and get on the road

(probably trying to sunbathe in my neon green ed hardy bikini most of the afternoon, changin to booty shorts/crop top at some point in the evening... i'm not wearing anything too cool and my hair is just down and straight nuthin fancy so it might not be easy to spot me but if u see me or sluagh686 come up and say hi!)

Notes from Day #1:

Stage redesigns this year to the main, underground and pyramid stages...although the underground and pyramid stages weren't necessarily for the better. The underground stage looks amazing; it's in the center of the space, the DJs cross a bridge to get to it, and there's 360 degrees of dance floor around it. Unfortunately, the sound is even worse than usual. The pyramid stage used to face away from the RenCen; now it faces away from the water. The visual lines are so much better, but the sound is trashed. I couldn't take it for a minute - just sad. :(

Fucking crazy crowd; lots of out-of-towners. "Can you top this" fashion happening everywhere you looked.

If you weren't there for Nikola Baytani's (sp?) set at 2PM, you fucked up pure and simple. Definitely in my Top 5 DEMF Sets of All Time...and I'd never even heard of the guy going in. He phkn torched the beatport stage (the stage nearest the riverboat)! Heidi, Carl Cox and (especially) Francois K delivered stormin' sets, but the stars were aligned for Nikola.

Ran into my brother, of all people. :803530406161: Go figure, lol!

If you're going today, it should be perfect. A bit cooler than yesterday, which will be much more conducive to dancing. :)

Bottom line: best Day #1 since 2001.

Day #3 was beautiful...at least from 5:15 on, when I got there. Carl Craig, Los Hermanos, Kevin Saunderson and Derrick May bringing the party to the main stage - wow! :swoon The sound problems at the other stages mentioned in my day 1 recap were all fixed. Best of all, the temperature was about 10 degrees cooler, which was way more conducive to sustained dancing. :happydance