Douchebaggery + NECTO = Fail

i typed up this big thing i was just about to post but i know that no one but sluagh686 will agree with me, so i leave this

there are dumb fucks in EVERY scene. to be perfectly blatantly obvious i feel a lot more welcomed by "normals" and people outside of the supposed "goth/industrial/fetish" scene because *most* of the "normals" have gotten over stupid labels and judgments and still think i'm a cool person just as much if i'm wearing jeans or a corset and fishnets.

looking at someone is not a good judgement of their character. who cares if normal looking people are into fetish and who cares if they happen to enjoy darker music. you don't have to have an arsenal of tripp or latex clothing to be into those things.

and then that being said, i do agree as i said earlier, with msterbeau that necto just plain sucks because of a lot of people there, and that a lot of other clubs lose their appeal because of the patrons they attract.

my two best friends in the entire world are a guy who is the very poster child for the american eagle surfer boy (who also happens to get a hard on for both jazz music and goth rock) and a tree-hugging barefoot hippie who secretly adores emo music and her fiance's rap group.

listen to depeche mode... "people are people" right?

(sorry that got a lot longer than i meant it to... my point is that people we don't enjoy the company of are not necessarily more normal, they just happen to be douchebags)

I don't think anyone is judging people who look "normal"

I know I was not.. If I did, then I would be a hypocrite, cuz I appear quite "normal" 5 days a week. :)

The problem is douchey people.

I don't care how they are dressed.. They are douche bags none the less..

& I still stick to Me previous post stating when the problem started.. It has been a progressive thing... It is certainly not a new thing.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking at someone is not a good judgement of their character.

when said "normals" are douchfags.....Im judging them by their actions.

I doubt Oh my Goth was judging them based on their clothes.....

Yeah.. I would be the last person to judge somebody on how they look... Trust Me, I have no room to talk there :hrhr:

I don't think its the venue but the crowds that gravitate towards them.

It is a cycle....and the more people who leave these clubs due to asshatry the less these venues harbor GOOD PEOPLE.

Don't boycott the place, boycott the people.

Give them hell....make it hard to be douchebags...

Best way?

Kill them with kindness...

If they take up the dance floor one night, get a BIG group to go the next night and smother them with their own medicine.

Got men fucking with women?

Same as above,....molest them....lol....get a bunch of your gay friends to hassle them back.

Worst part....keep a smile going the entire time....and it'll run them out in no time.

Holy shit! This all makes good sence. I know for the guys who hassle the girls and the girls tell them Im their crazy, over protective brother who just got out of jail tends to work well. No honestly, many have used this. When I know about it I even add a little crazy act which is fun for me.

Went to Necto last night to celebrate birthdays and see friends I haven't seen in a while. It seems City Club is not alone in gaining a douchebag element. There were a bunch of guys on the dance floor doing nothing more then looking for female victims to rub against and harass. There were also a bunch of idiots with glowsticks who were deader then roadkill in energy level yet they still insisted on hogging dance floor space. Dudes.. learn to use them before you show up and take a nap if you're gonna act like your asleep on the floor.

It's getting to the point where I just don't want to go to the clubs any more if I have to deal with crap like this all the time.

The only things that saves the evenings is hanging out with friends.

:rant:

and meeting "SMILEY* lol

The problem is,you get someone who will bring a fake(wigger,prep) someone who does not know how to be themselves,

to the club and that fake will bring more fakes,This is the same reason why I don't go to after bar parties anymore,because

someone always brings a wigger (fake to the party and ruins it for everyone.

maybe we should invite some of these guys to the club,and the assholes will run away.

18699.jpg

Douches deserve the finest goth fu and cockblocking available. I see them as a cat sees a mouse in her claws. A few accidental on purpose collisions puts them in their places.

Although a lot of us knew that we're free to be whatever, some have only recently discovered such freedom. Naturally, the douchebag problem, though related, is separate from the trials and tribulations of maintaining the baby bat nursery. How else do you expect more batcavers just like the old batcavers? Although a baby bat can be pretty damn annoying (been there, done that), there's a chance that they'll learn and grow over time. Douchebags seem to last as long as flies.

Perhaps, perhaps, the douchebags can be trained. I've seen trained poodles, horses and elephants. I've trained blockheads, glasswalkers and bladewalkers. I've studied the wonders of this world. I'm sure that the douchebag population can be trained for our amusement or used as padding. No seriously. Teach them how to do the gothic shuffle for the lulz. Either they'll evolve and "become" goth or emo OR they'll be amusing to us without molesting the scantily clad but uninterested crowd because you can't learn to dance and molest at the same time. Then again, one does not simply become goth in City Club.

As for the explosion of fetish troupes drawing in the mainstream to the underground, that's fine. They can have their mainstreamed underground. We'll just find another venue (be that a bar, private house parties, warehouses, squats, etc.) or become more clichish with ever more acidic satire. On one hand, the mainstream crowd is needed to keep some of these venues going financially. On the other hand, a broad net draws in people who don't know to not touch the cute but scantily clad population or the broken glass and sharp machetes.

Also, Oh My Goth, I've run into you on a weekday. You walk the line between "normal" and "strange" quite well. If I meet someone who dresses exceptionally conservatively during the week at a club on the weekend in an "A for effort" outfit, I do not treat them differently than, oh, say, someone who shows up in 5.5" platforms, fake dreads, dramatic makeup, a silver see-through mini skirt and electrical tape and can gothic shuffle after three long islands. Of course, someone who shows up in bleached out, dusty clothes that look like they've been through a war zone or a perpetual traveler or dresses in a similar style will catch my eye as someone I want to talk with on the off chance that they may share similar interests.