Diet Plans?

Troy Spiral

I do not eat on the weekends. Well, not eating is false as I do snack on walnuts or organic chips all day long...but I do not eat meals from Friday morning until Sunday night...and I do not pig out either.

This along with many other things has kept me at 145 pounds for the last 7 years...

Only thing that has worked for me (because if I make ANY food taboo, I only end up craving it more) is to just make sure that breakfast is my biggest meal of the day, that I not eat after 8pm, and that I watch portion sizes, eat slowly and drink plenty of water. All of this gets neglected on weekends when I'm up insanely late and generally don't wake before noon, but otherwise, it works great though very gradually. 40 pounds so far.

Because of my PCOS, I can't eat a lot of carbs. I can eat the good ones, but not the bad ones. it will just turn to fat, even if I exercise. Its not an excuse, its the nature of the thing, its backed by research.... so.. i eat lots of protein, lots of grains, lots of fruits, watch my carb intake, i don't eat full meals, ever... not anymore. I feel horrible when I do. I eat enough to keep the hunger at bay, and I eat when my body tells me to. I take a multi-vitamin, an Apple Cider Vinegar supplement (which helps the body process glucose), 500mg of Metformin twice a day (a Rx drug commonly given to treat insulin resistance associated with PCOS-- I'll be taking this medication my whole life), and now that I am eating right, I can exercise and it will work, to a degree... it will only work if I eat right, but most of my weight loss will come from how I eat.

I do not eat on the weekends. Well, not eating is false as I do snack on walnuts or organic chips all day long...but I do not eat meals from Friday morning until Sunday night...and I do not pig out either.

This along with many other things has kept me at 145 pounds for the last 7 years...

...kid...that ain't no kinda' healthy... :no

...kid...that ain't no kinda' healthy... :no

Where did it say that it had to be healthy? Yes, I know I am a dumbass but with my money situation and my meal plan I need to eat more during the week. My doctor doesn't like it either but he said that since I have had no complications that I am able to keep doing it...however if anything bad happens like passing out or horrible cramps etc...I will inform him and will change my ways.

Never really been a healthy person to begin with...I am a hypocrite...I direct people to healthy foods, but don't eat them...I also do peoples hair, yet mine is usually gnarly...

diet plan = bullshit as far as I'm concerned. Burn off more than you take in. I'm actually grateful for all the snow we've had this winter, as it - in conjunction with my shovel- is taking the weight right off. I just have to make sure I keep busy when spring finally arrives.

You're think *fad* diet plan. But diets, as a whole lifestyle way of eating for the duration, aren't so bullshit. Find one for you that makes sense and keep it up longer than most folks keep their marriages, careers and cars and you'll be doing just fine.

diet plan = bullshit as far as I'm concerned. Burn off more than you take in. I'm actually grateful for all the snow we've had this winter, as it - in conjunction with my shovel- is taking the weight right off. I just have to make sure I keep busy when spring finally arrives.

"diet" is nothing more than the description of your food intake. everyone has a diet.

i really don't get why this word pisses so many people off!?

most likely that the first sound you hear in the word is "die," and the connotation that what my fellow colleagues after all these years should have said "diet modification" vs. "diet." A forced change in our norms, whether requested by doctors or forced on us after an adverse event (e.g. heart attack, vascular compromise of the legs mandating amputation,) has happened.

As for me, it wasn't too bad of a transition. Changed all my diet coke to green tea, started to increase fruit intake, kept the fiber content high. I have an iron overload due to my condition, so I have to watch my iron intake as well as be bled regularly (usually by double donation.)

most likely that the first sound you hear in the word is "die," and the connotation that what my fellow colleagues after all these years should have said "diet modification" vs. "diet." A forced change in our norms, whether requested by doctors or forced on us after an adverse event (e.g. heart attack, vascular compromise of the legs mandating amputation,) has happened.

As for me, it wasn't too bad of a transition. Changed all my diet coke to green tea, started to increase fruit intake, kept the fiber content high. I have an iron overload due to my condition, so I have to watch my iron intake as well as be bled regularly (usually by double donation.)

So would you say that my "diet" plan is a bad idea?

Has anyone tried the Acai berry crap they keep advertising?

What the hell? Do you have to be on it forever? Because if you stop taking the crap, you're going to get fat again. that's not healthy.

Edited by hunhee

So would you say that my "diet" plan is a bad idea?

Not entirely in favor of it, but as long as you don't have too many problems...and your snacking is a lot healthier than others.

as for the Acai berry, it could be used to jump start a diet, transition over to something, reasonable, then titrate the stuff off.

as for the Acai berry, it could be used to jump start a diet, transition over to something, reasonable, then titrate the stuff off.

How about long term effects? Will we find out later it will cause cancer of the brain or something? Maybe I'll try it.. *shrugs* Just for curiosity's sake.

Edited by hunhee

Just say no to 'diets'.

ACAI -- I take a blend daily. Great effects, altho a bit pricey. SO worth it for me.

Green Tea -- makes me drunk. Really. I avoid the stuff.

Lunch is my biggest meal of the day -- and I make sure that I do eat breakfast and at least a snack for dinner.

Combine exercise, enough sleep, and ample water intake with all this = KEY.

Word.

Just say no to 'diets'.

ACAI -- I take a blend daily. Great effects, altho a bit pricey. SO worth it for me.

Green Tea -- makes me drunk. Really. I avoid the stuff.

Lunch is my biggest meal of the day -- and I make sure that I do eat breakfast and at least a snack for dinner.

Combine exercise, enough sleep, and ample water intake with all this = KEY.

Word.

That's a diet plan isn't it? Granted it isn't all that detailed. Guess my definition of "diet plan" is less stringent than most seem to assume.

I guess my main problem is that I rarely ever feel "full" at least not enough. Especially at nighttime. I just about go through a whole day keeping the calories in check, bed time approaches, then the hungry feeling says "ok fuck you troy... we are eating." Then it basically shoots the whole day.

• 2 months later...

You can eat before bed.

Just make sure its mostly pure protein or rare vegys.

They diguest slowly and help rebiuld the body in a big good way.

Eating before be does not hurt you or bad(Long as it is healthy).

It's your daily life that does.

As for me. Cutting out pop...

Need to drink more water. x.x

I need to stop pop all together again.

And getting back to good'o str-frys.

Basic is the key.

No crazy sauces.

You can eat a lot.

Mix just about what ever.

Make sure it is brown rice or a really good sushi rice!

Rice will fill you up.

Later it is a great snack cool too!