Labyrinth Memories

Anyone ever catch Clan Of Xymox at The Lab? Ronny Moorings getting annoyed with the sound guys and walking off the stage... lol

My old band, Backspace, opened that show. And I thought our lead singer threw the worst hissy fits!!! I finely remember Ronny saying something along the lines of "I see Detroit doesn't build there sound systems like there cars!" (LOL).

One of my musical heroes UNTIL that night, cause even several hours after the fact and the band playing a great show, he was STILL a dick to everyone...

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And, man, Cult Of The Psychic Fetus shows were always great! They were like favorite out-of-town cousins everytime they played The Lab. :happy: One night I didn't have to work at The Lab but still ended up being one of the pallbearers along with the other Lab guys for Reverend Doom when he had to make his entrance on stage. Only one time they didn't headline a show was when they played with Voltaire. That was just fine with them 'cause it gave the guys a chance to drink and hang out after their set.

Kinda odd seeing them play other venues whenever they play Detroit these days.

My old band, Backspace, opened that show. And I thought our lead singer threw the worst hissy fits!!! I finely remember Ronny saying something along the lines of "I see Detroit doesn't build there sound systems like there cars!" (LOL).

One of my musical heroes UNTIL that night, cause even several hours after the fact and the band playing a great show, he was STILL a dick to everyone...

Didn't really meet him but was near him while he was talking with fans. He had me snap a pic of him with some of them.

• 2 months later...

This from Johnny when I spoke to him about 2 weeks ago at City Club

A "damage/restoration" crew (you know the kind that goes in AFTER floods, fires, disasters) was recently down at Labyrinth to see what condition the place was in. Those with weak stomachs be forewarned...They found the place under 6" of raw sewage due to broken pipes/plumbing. They also detected a high amount of black mold throughout. Black mold is often not easy to detect, but they found plenty in the walls and ceilings. Cleanup of the place could (stress could) be done but with a VERY hefty price tag. Restoration on the other hand, probably not worth it unless the place was going to be packed every night and the owner had a ton of excess money to bring the place back. And yes as we all know, there's just not the money to do this.

So Labyrinth is destined to live on in our memories as a legendary place.

Shame, but maybe some new place will come along and develop the same kind of appeal the Lab once had.

A "damage/restoration" crew (you know the kind that goes in AFTER floods, fires, disasters) was recently down at Labyrinth to see what condition the place was in. Those with weak stomachs be forewarned...They found the place under 6" of raw sewage due to broken pipes/plumbing. They also detected a high amount of black mold throughout. Black mold is often not easy to detect, but they found plenty in the walls and ceilings. Cleanup of the place could (stress could) be done but with a VERY hefty price tag. Restoration on the other hand, probably not worth it unless the place was going to be packed every night and the owner had a ton of excess money to bring the place back. And yes as we all know, there's just not the money to do this.

Shame, but maybe some new place will come along and develop the same kind of appeal the Lab once had.

Sad indeed!! I had heard him talking about opening it back up. I was so excited...so sad now. :/ Well........ yeah..a new place...like maybe...Deadline? XDXDXD

Still...damn...I totally missed it. Can't believe it.

I remember Newyears Eve 2001/2002 when my band played... they forced us to go on before the doors were even open because the other bitchy bands were demanding there own specific times and we were lowest on the totem pole

And, yeah, Deadline comes close to the old Wednesday/Saturday Labyrinth feel. :wink

Christ, NYE '01 - so shitfaced @ CC, Kim at my side making sure I didn't collapse, and staggering into The Lab after 2 just so I can apologize to Blackie for any time I may have messed up on my bartending nights. :X

Damn!

And i was going to donate a stripper pole...!

D

he's the one that gave me my lip piercing at a discount price one night before I went to city.....ahh memories....

I remember one night his wife calling up The Lab saying she was gonna cover for him 'cause he was in the ER;earlier at home he was attempting to pierce his own lip,stabbed a vein, and almost choked on his blood. Left us with a collective wide-eyed reaction.

I remember one night his wife calling up The Lab saying she was gonna cover for him 'cause he was in the ER;earlier at home he was attempting to pierce his own lip,stabbed a vein, and almost choked on his blood. Left us with a collective wide-eyed reaction.

:rofl:

Apparently he was better at other people than himself...luckily Riku's turned out okay!