The Biggest Loser DGN Style

Oh_My_Goth

Things I have done to drop weight range:

• Transitioned off of diet sodas at home, have now gone almost strictly green tea. Will only allow diet sodas at maximum once a day, improved from a six pack a day.
  • Increased fruit intake
  • Increased fiber intake
  • Using nuts to substitiute for other random snacks
  • more water drinking
  • Not eating in the cafeteria at work
  • Getting some workout time in (though with the current project, that has been hard to do. Been up until midnight for the last several days to finish a project, and up at 4am)
  • Eating breakfast regularly

Though I will occasionally binge on sushi, the cost keeps it a rarity. People can testify to my calculating how much I order for sushi.

I do have a target weight. Two of them, to be correct. Taking getting back in shape in two phases of weight loss. The first is where I should be in a couple of months. The second is the long term goal.

Sushi is awesome to binge on, it's fucking damn healthy. Compaired to other shit people binge on, like myself for instance, when I for some reason find it necessary to eat 15-20 White Castles in one sitting. THAT is bad binging, but you binge on sushi and you'll become Hawaiian Chuck Norris, true fact.

I go off BMI. And no I don't mean the type of BMI where you go to a webpage and put in your height and weight, as that also does not account for muscle, but I"m talking the kinds that are built into scales for instance.

You used to have to go to a doctor or weight loss place to get your BMI done, and now they built it into a lot of scales. Isn't technology badass sometimes?

..often. ;)

WELL...572 calories in only 20-30 minutes of my time, Chernobyl FTW! :animier:

For anyone curious as to what that amounts to, I burned 32 more calories than a Big Mac.

I think this calls for some McDonald's!! w00t!

Okay...okaaaay....maybe an apple?

i have started to move my legs, while I'm at the computer desk. all kinds of movements and I can feel the burn in my tummy.

I just got done eating some fish. I love fish. I know not supose to eat after a certain time, but I haven't eaten anything today, except whole wheat pita bread smothered in honey.. and that was over 12 hours ago.... i may make me some honey chicken. lol...

when i eat this late, I stick to just meats. no veggies or pastas (which i can eat, because of the GI content-- and that's instant noodles, and wheat pasta :p )

I'm going to be getting a yoga ball for work to sit on instead of a chair.. It works out the legs and buns while you sit :biggrin:

Like those exercise balls? As in the fancy pink one I just got for Christmas?

How do you effectively work out your legs and buns while sitting? Interested in how that works, 'cause I'm lazy sometimes and my computer chair sucks ass anyway. I'd rather sit on an exercise ball and get a workout instead of flailing backwards onto the ground due to my hate-infused computer chair, whom apparantly I wronged somehow, causing my friends to laugh at me each and everytime.

Why does my once beloved and fancy computer chair want me to die all of a sudden after having it for four years with no problems, only for it to rebel within the last 9 months? No it's not furniture adolescence, as much sense as that makes, I'll explain.

I had a fairly obese girl, I'm talking 300 lbs, sit on it just ONCE, which caused the wheel to break off instantly, sending it shooting across my basement like a bullet traveling at the speed of sound. Thanks to this particular girl's talent, when anyone tries to use my computer the Seat of 1,000 Concussions (as we dotingly call it now) became forever boobie-trapped and will send you flying back-of-the-head down to the basement concrete with a SMACK! when you least expect it (i.e. just after a joint/beer). This happens to Pest probably 3-4 times a week. I sit in the chair so much that I have not falling out of it down to a near art. That's why I hate my computer chair and since the wheel-breaking incident, it has managed to destroy everything that is good in my life.

Same person broke my futon with the help of our friend Timata, who is 280 lbs himself, and combined with the 300 extra pounds this person was carrying around? The futon didn't stand a chance. The moment that both of them decided it would be perfectly logical to sit down simultaneously was the moment the futon permanently transformed itself into a day-bed. Apparantly neither of them understand physics all that well, too bad it was all of my once-nice furniture that had to pay the price for it.

Edited by Chernobyl

the ball works cuz you are constantly having to balance. so theres a constant motion. even if its tiny. :) I'm sitting on mine now, and I can feel the burn in my entire thighs... that and I'm slightly rocking the ball back and forth, so my calves are feeling it, too :)

Ahhh, gotcha.

I know doing that won't tone me, or help with weight loss, because my muscles have surpassed that point of being ripped years ago. My own body weight isn't enough to work me out anymore, unless we're talking push-ups and sit ups while I hold weights across my chest.

BUT...what it will help with is my balance, which is great news because I'm a clumsy motherfucker. In turn, helping out my balance should help out my DDR skills. Oh, and did I mention my computer chair is the Great Satan? Sitting on the exercise ball all day is sounding better and better.

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to try it and see if I can finally bump myself up fully from 7 step difficulty to 8 step in a week (I'm already teetering on the border as it is, I just need a little more ummph to push my skill over). I also play the game with 10 lb weights around my ankles, that in itself was enough to train me to the point where I was finally able to make the transition from Standard (which I was seemingly stuck on for the longest time, about a year) to Heavy mode. Maybe the combination of the ball and the weights will make my mastery improve even more, maybe up to 10 step, and MAYBE up to tournaments again so I can quit my job and make money playing DDR :tongue:. Pipe dreaming, I know, but it can happen because you can make good money performing.

I'll let y'all know!

Like those exercise balls? As in the fancy pink one I just got for Christmas?

How do you effectively work out your legs and buns while sitting? Interested in how that works, 'cause I'm lazy sometimes and my computer chair sucks ass anyway. I'd rather sit on an exercise ball and get a workout instead of flailing backwards onto the ground due to my hate-infused computer chair, whom apparantly I wronged somehow, causing my friends to laugh at me each and everytime.

It's the balancing.. & you can move around on it a little while your working.. Plus you have to constantly sit up straight, so it will actually help the abs as well :biggrin: {that's Me problem area.. The abs}

:rolleyes:

I see now that the question was just answer.. Sheesh, I take to long to post.

Edited by Oh_My_Goth

hey, whatever keeps ya motivated. and if you ask me, it will help a little, with posture, as well. (keeping your back straight seems to work best) so if nothing else, you will have good posture and good balance. :)

Yes, which will surely send me one step closer to becoming...ROBOCHER: :robo:

The world shall not be able to handle this.

Edited by Chernobyl

ok, so in the past two weeks or so, I have been extremely tired. doesn't matter how much sleep I get, or even if i get "the right amount" I don't know what's going on. I mean... last night. I went to bed around 1 am, and got up a little before 11 am.... I'm usually ok when I do that... so why the hell am i so damn tired all the time??????