The Biggest Loser DGN Style

Oh_My_Goth

Rested from Thursday until this morning when I went back to kickboxing and krav. My left knee has been bothering me lately. I've been alternating ice/heat when I'm not working out. Any other suggestions?

Athletic knee brace. The type with the metal hinges. You can wear it during training, and the difference is night and day.

I'm resting for the next three days. No workouts. My knee is thanking me for it. I haven't really noticed much change in the scale but I've been getting a lot of compliments that I look slimmer so I think the CrossFit is helping me. I love that class, it's tough as hell but it's such a good workout.

ATTENTION

I just fit into a dress that I have not been able to pull up over my mid-section for the past two years. I zipped it comfortably; I can breathe fully and don't have to fool myself into thinking that my outfit isn't trying to kill me. Before I couldn't even get the zipper up or to stay up, and now? I'm wearing it tonight for sure :jamin.

(End gloating)

Carry on with yourselves.

I'm happy with my abs since I switched sugar out with honey in my coffee. I'm also switching around exercises to shake things up. The next thing I need to do is meal preparation, which was my biggest mistake last year, due to the fact that clean eating requires a lot of cooking which is hard to do when your already hungry. So if I can eventually start preparing meals a week in advance I'll be less tempted and better off.

I just fit into a dress that I have not been able to pull up over my mid-section for the past two years. I zipped it comfortably; I can breathe fully and don't have to fool myself into thinking that my outfit isn't trying to kill me. Before I couldn't even get the zipper up or to stay up, and now? I'm wearing it tonight for sure :jamin.

'grats.

I'm happy with my abs since I switched sugar out with honey in my coffee. I'm also switching around exercises to shake things up. The next thing I need to do is meal preparation, which was my biggest mistake last year, due to the fact that clean eating requires a lot of cooking which is hard to do when your already hungry. So if I can eventually start preparing meals a week in advance I'll be less tempted and better off.

Soups and stews can be made in a crock pot and cook while you're away from home, then be divided into portions and frozen. It's an easy way to stick to a diet. And, hey, who doesn't love turkey chili?

Started on April 21st - Weighed 231 (OUCH, heaviest I've ever been, although its not quite as scary as it sounds as I'm asininely tall.) Still.. depressing.

Today's Weigh - 219

So thats what 7 ish weeks and lost 11 pounds? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. 200 ish is probably the goal weight, as I dont gain muscle very fast (nor am I working out all that hard, just light cardio, when i can get my ass motivated and a few curls / pushups thrown in)

Taking longer than I want , but at least its not going backward, in an akward sort of way the anxiety/depression/headaches/nausea are helping, as long as I keep them stirred up (rather than hiding in my troybear cave and letting them "settle") they tend to keep me too deep in thought/pain to be thinking to much about eating , hah.

Lost 7 lbs in the past 7 days, WITH weight training (so in all actuality, I probably lost even more weight than just 7 lbs). I feel like I want to stick the dick I don't have in the gas tank of a truck an' fuck it.

I'm going to start doing standing Military Bench Press when I work shoulders which I haven't done in forever and I'm looking forward to. Another thing with shoulders I've been doing is I alternate between normal lat raises and front lat raises with each rep, which seems to hit them harder.

Soups and stews can be made in a crock pot and cook while you're away from home, then be divided into portions and frozen. It's an easy way to stick to a diet. And, hey, who doesn't love turkey chili?

I'll definitely add that to the list of clean foods. If you have a turkey chili recipe I'll take it!

So thats what 7 ish weeks and lost 11 pounds? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. 200 ish is probably the goal weight, as I dont gain muscle very fast (nor am I working out all that hard, just light cardio, when i can get my ass motivated and a few curls / pushups thrown in)

Taking longer than I want , but at least its not going backward, in an akward sort of way the anxiety/depression/headaches/nausea are helping, as long as I keep them stirred up (rather than hiding in my troybear cave and letting them "settle") they tend to keep me too deep in thought/pain to be thinking to much about eating , hah.

If you do curls and pushups throw in a tricep exercise or two, its a common mistake not to train triceps, but it makes a difference in strength and arm size. Close hand "diamond" pushups, and chair/bench/regular dips are some bodyweight tricep exercises.

Edited by Coffeenated

I don't like how I look in some of the MANfast photos from last year. :\ Now granted I had just gotten back from Russia, wherein I gained a bit of weight from very rich meals, but still, I feel like it's time to work out more.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while since I posted. I've been getting in a cross-training class once a week for the last month and I love it. Been up to the usual Krav Maga and kickboxing classes. I've been getting to HIIT class once a week as well. To sum it up, I've either training or working out five days a week, 1-2 hours each day.

Edited by KatRN05

I decided 2 weeks ago to quit screwing around. My new plan has consisted of upping my protein intake and keeping the amounts of fat and carbs I eat balanced with the total amount of food I eat. That's way harder than it sounds as a vegetarian who can't stand chicken or fish. I have pretty much been replacing 1 or 2 meals a day with greek yogurt or cottage cheese. I have also been making an effort to snack on fresh fruit and vegetables, versus stuff like crackers, or bread, or candy, and cooking more things using mostly fresh vegetables and reduced fat dairy products. I have cut down on the amount of salt I cook with or put on my food, using more pepper and other spices available to me. I am forcing myself to drink a 40-60 oz of water per day (I am horrible about water) and limiting soda and juice to once or twice a week. I am eating very little sugar, other that the natural sugar in fresh fruit.

Doing this I have lost 7.5 lbs in the last 2 weeks. :biggrin::thumbsup::happydance:peanutbutterjellytime:

I do need to figure out what I am going to do for exercise, since I HATE it! On days I work it's not a problem, since I am on my feet 9-10 hours a day running back and forth waiting on people, but on my off days I need to figure something out.

I've lost about 10 lbs in two weeks. I get up early I take a mile walk up and down the hills around here or I should say mountains because they are huge. Then I do a little weight lifting and chase my brats around the yard all day. My goal is to lose 20 lbs by the end of summer.

Well, I probably overdid it for just starting out exercising, but according to Google maps, my walk 2 hour and 25 minute walk today (including stopping in at 7-11 only to find out they were out of the free Slurpee promotion cups) was 7.2 miles. Don't worry. I stretched for 20 minutes when I got home.