A possible DGN "ladies-only" pajama party..

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would dearly love to see you gals but have a bit of social anxiety stopping me here.

I don't really get into board games and such.

Can I just sit in a dark corner and watrch? (only half kidding here).

I'm posting this because I'm wondering if I'm not the only one hesitating for this reason.

I'd like to see you all though! I can cook!! - I'll bring something yummy to eat.

I will visit you in your dark corner and it'll all be good. I'm a pretty social gal but sometimes I need some alone time at parties too. And who sez errone has to be doing the same thing the whole time? Hell, we could have centers like a K-3 classroom! :biggrin: Seriously tho, I think there are enough of us w/the mad hostess skillz to make sure everyone is comfortable & has a good time.

Fooood... did people like my key lime pie at the one party? I can make a couple of those... and I just found some killer sounding fruit soup recipes I wanna try, too.

One request: don't make it Sept. 27 please!

I'm still tired of red meat, ever since Manfast. The mere thought of pig flesh makes me just about gag. I think I have a permanent aversion to it, now! :p

Apparantly...you were not MAN enough for MANFAST. For the record, I believe I came home and the next day ate some more bacon.

And apparantly I'm not invited to Guys' Night Out...even though I was the first one to have MANFAST (which is about 100x more MANLY than Guys' Night Out) about a month ago and I was the one who came up with the idea and yet I can't go to ladies night in because well...it said "ladies" and I'm highly allergic to estrogen, fu fu drinks, and dress-up.

What to do...what to do *kicks can*

So, gender biasing has irritated some. Gee, biasing pissed some people off!? Who'da guessed it? Any ideas on a solution?

Maybe rename the nights to Estrogen-Based and Testosterone-Based Nights? That would restrict less on plumbing and more on personality/preference. And they could be held on different nights so that no one misses out?

And why are females bitching more in the GNO than guys are bitching in the LNI? I feel that if the GNO allows females, then the LNI should allow males. Just a thought.

Maybe rename the nights to Estrogen-Based and Testosterone-Based Nights? That would restrict less on plumbing and more on personality/preference. And they could be held on different nights so that no one misses out?

I really like that idea.

Who would like to go canoeing at Proud Lake before winter? That would be a fun thing to do on some weekend..maybe followed by a bonfire? Canoes at Heavner's are only $20 for the entire day!

lol last time I went canoeing I ended up with a bruise on my entire left calf but I'm always game. Just as long as someome reminds me to put sun screen on, being a lobster is never pretty.

Archived