Who Here Is Single

I be single. Only been about 5 weeks and I'm already tired of it.

Give it a few months... It gets easier and you eventually lean towards being happier single. I've been at it for a year and a half. I assure you, after the last douche, I'm definitely better off single.

You may have much better luck with people. I really hope you do.

It's a cliche, but you really do have to be okay with yourself being single before you can make a relationship work. Otherwise, you'll just be expecting the other person to "fix" you and fill all of the voids in your life.

Oh, and I am most definitely taken now. :)

It's a cliche, but you really do have to be okay with yourself being single before you can make a relationship work. Otherwise, you'll just be expecting the other person to "fix" you and fill all of the voids in your life.

I don't believe in that cliche. I was so much happier single before any of them. I get into this lovely state of content with life and then decide to date. *slaps self* Then I get to go though interesting states of pain. I'd be happier to cut off the instinct to date, just have to figure out how I decided and stuck to the idea of no kids... Should be able to modify that to fit the never date concept.

I'm happy that you're happy though. I'm just cursed...

I don't believe in that cliche. I was so much happier single before any of them. I get into this lovely state of content with life and then decide to date. *slaps self* Then I get to go though interesting states of pain. I'd be happier to cut off the instinct to date, just have to figure out how I decided and stuck to the idea of no kids... Should be able to modify that to fit the never date concept.

I'm happy that you're happy though. I'm just cursed...

That makes sense. :respect: Some people are happier when they're not dating. I just meant that it's not good to think that you need a significant other to complete your life. I'm happiest when I have one, but I'm okay when I'm single or just casually dating, too.

Edited by TygerLili

Oh, and I am most definitely taken now. :)

That makes sense. :respect: Some people are happier when they're not dating. I just meant that it's not good to think that you need a significant other to complete your life. I'm happiest when I have one, but I'm okay when I'm single or just casually dating, too.

:yes Thank you TigerLili and AstralCrux

This is why I just don't get the "poor me, I'm single" thing. I'm probably starting to sound like a broken record. Whatever void you have in your life, you cannot expect someone to swoop in and fill. You need be a whole person on your own, complete, comfortable, and happy with yourself. Yes, having someone special can add even more, but you can't go around sulking because you don't have one. Enjoy your freedom, explore your interests, go out with friends, focus on career or education, spend time doing your hobbies, go to events and places you've been meaning to check out. Yes, you can do it alone. I go out alone all the time, I always meet new people. It can be a bit awkward at first, but force yourself, it gets easier, your life gets fuller, and your social circle will grow.

I miss having all that time to myself. I get lonely either way.

This country places waaay to much value on coupledom

Like (especially if your female over 35) if your not paired up somehow you lost out on something...

or are a loser.

I hate that.

siock of shows where people try to find dream mates

however am liking the show more to love

those girls could take a few tips from some people on here who are large but love life. And are not afraid to get it on with the lights onyes.gif

over the years I have been rather pleased with the number of large females on here who have rich love/sex lives.

This is why I just don't get the "poor me, I'm single" thing. I'm probably starting to sound like a broken record. Whatever void you have in your life, you cannot expect someone to swoop in and fill. You need be a whole person on your own, complete, comfortable, and happy with yourself. Yes, having someone special can add even more, but you can't go around sulking because you don't have one. Enjoy your freedom, explore your interests, go out with friends, focus on career or education, spend time doing your hobbies, go to events and places you've been meaning to check out. Yes, you can do it alone. I go out alone all the time, I always meet new people. It can be a bit awkward at first, but force yourself, it gets easier, your life gets fuller, and your social circle will grow.

:respect:

Well I know that I will never be married again, I don't even think that at this point I would be willing to move into a place with somebody just because I DO value my freedom.

But it's the things that you do share with somebody that I miss, the closeness, the connection. Being able to say something without actually saying anything. To look into some ones eyes and not be able to pull away, the back of a hand gently brushing across a cheek. I think that I miss being in love, and I guess that isn't exactly a prerequisite for a relationship is it?

... Really so you're telling use you've never ever complained about being single? 'cause I'm sure I've heard you say otherwise, in the last month...

I see myself being single forever; and I'm not sad about it.

The last relationship I was involved in, took a very heavy toll on me emotionally, I never really dealt with it as far as closure goes.

I just blocked it out, concentrated on my career, and moved on with my life.

Whenever I think about the idea of being involved with someone new, all of that "stuff" I went through/felt, just snaps right back to the front of my mind, dashing any interest I may have had.

So, now I just go with the notion that, yeah I may be missing out on a lot of great experiences, but I am also not having to deal with any grief or bullshit. I suppose that could be looked at as cowardly, but I don't give a fuck.

Being single seems to be in my best interest at this point in my life.

I didn't originally intend to share these thoughts with the whole world just now, they just fell out on to this page...

Edited by creatureofthenyte

... Really so you're telling use you've never ever complained about being single? 'cause I'm sure I've heard you say otherwise, in the last month...

No, that's not what I'm saying. I think more accurately I have complained that I only get tied up for photo/video shoots and not for personal fun. My frustration of being a good girl all year since the previous FetCon was getting to me, more of a sexual thing then a relationship thing. Exacerbated a bit by the fact that it seems at times near impossible to meet anyone in this state that I deem worthy to play with me in the manner in which I crave. You saw how I was at The Works since I've been back this time, completely enjoying my freedom. If you'd like further clarification, feel free to PM me. As much as I divulge here, more then I intended in this case thanks to that smart ass comment, even I deserve an ounce of privacy. Plus, a lot will be repetitive for those that have been here.

It's not so much the single thing that's a problem, it's that cultivating one's social circle bit. But I lay the blame for that upon my rather unfortunate work schedule. :happy:

It's not so much the single thing that's a problem, it's that cultivating one's social circle bit. But I lay the blame for that upon my rather unfortunate work schedule. :happy:

Oh my gosh, he lives! I haven't seen you around in a while.

An unfortunate work schedule can have a devastating effect on your socializing opportunities. Good luck!

Oh my gosh, he lives! I haven't seen you around in a while.

An unfortunate work schedule can have a devastating effect on your socializing opportunities. Good luck!

Heh, yeah, I've been sort of wrapped up in rediscovering kendo, lately.

The kicker to the work thing is that my own natural inclinations tend toward that bizarre, off schedule, too. Guess I'm pooched either way, heh.