No, I don't want the chip in everything.......so they can track every purchase and where I am if I use a card or chip to BUY it.....

But.

I lose everything! Where in the hell is my celly?

I can call that......but I do lose everything.

Brushes....glasses.....

I don't want tracking chips though. Ya know?

And already I hear things about child tracking devices so if your kid is kidnapped........I don't know if its worth giving up anonymity and freedoms perhaps.

WHY DO I ALWAYS LOSE MY CELLY???

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I don't want the chip in everything.......so they can track every purchase and where I am if I use a card or chip to BUY it.....

But.

I lose everything! Where in the hell is my celly?

I can call that......but I do lose everything.

Brushes....glasses.....

I don't want tracking chips though. Ya know?

And already I hear things about child tracking devices so if your kid is kidnapped........I don't know if its worth giving up anonymity and freedoms perhaps.

WHY DO I ALWAYS LOSE MY CELLY???

Kind of a LoJack for kids eh?

A strong enough electromagnetic field will short out any implanted device sophisticated enough to be picked up from a satellite or a cell phone tower.

Rfid chips, though... well, any time a person walked into a mall or grocery store, with those innocuous looking white gates...

The only way to counter an Rfid chip is a bottle of vodka and a pen knife.

They have them for pets and old people... not really sure how I feel about them... my gut feeling...

Guys in jack boots can find you when they want to...

My Chihuahua has one ... my Pug had one ... it's pretty standard nowadays for pets to come from the breeder with one. Personally one of the first things I'd do if a pet didn't have one is take it to get one.

It's pretty hypocritical of me to say but ...

I'm not sure how I feel about them other than that.

A strong enough electromagnetic field will short out any implanted device sophisticated enough to be picked up from a satellite or a cell phone tower.

Rfid chips, though... well, any time a person walked into a mall or grocery store, with those innocuous looking white gates...

The only way to counter an Rfid chip is a bottle of vodka and a pen knife.

Actually, there was an article on Wired about disabling the RFID chip that is standard issue with passports.

Here's another article from Wired on how RFID was supposed to end car theft and failed (article includes the author's experiences with social engineering the information needed to steal his own Honda).

Oh, Steven - you're not the only one who'se compared subdermal implanted RFID with the mark of the beast.

Speaking of subcutaneous-implanted RFID chips - there's rumblings that it's been linked to cancerous tumors in animals. If you don't want a job-mandated chip implanted, you can move to California

I think that if RFID implants were to be pushed down the line by the gov't as 'mandatory', then there would be just as much outcry over it as there's been with RealID.

I think that if RFID implants were to be pushed down the line by the gov't as 'mandatory', then there would be just as much outcry over it as there's been with RealID.

at first, till we buy into the fact that its for our own good.....a littel disaster goes a long way in selling notions like that....(you cant buy or sell, then you dont eat and you sleep in a box...)

just being able to monitor your buying and selling transactions is enough to track you.....that's how terrorists are caught and how criminals are traced....

think about it if every single transaction you make - every atm you visist, every pack of smokes in hoboken new jersy, every shot at a bar in downtown, every late nite grocery run, every time you get paid, every time you deposit or cash it out....all of it is meticulously recorded.....

cant buy or sell without the mark of the beast is what Im thinkin....

but then you all knew that.

but if we freak society out enough sure they'll implant a chip in themselves...

Can I ask why you think that? Why do you think that a chip would be the equivalent of the mark of the beast? I never took that passage literally but it was never one that I paid much attention to either.

I'm with HH...where's my celly??? If they put a chip in that, and tried to track me, they'd be like 'Why has Sass been under the passenger seat of her minivan for a week now?'

They don't need a chip in your cell phone. It has GPS. Sure, you can "turn it off" on some models... but that only turns it off for you.... If they want to know where that GPS/Phone is.. they just need you cell number and they can then send the phone a command to turn the GPS back on.. and it still looks off to you....

They don't need a chip in your cell phone. It has GPS. Sure, you can "turn it off" on some models... but that only turns it off for you.... If they want to know where that GPS/Phone is.. they just need you cell number and they can then send the phone a command to turn the GPS back on.. and it still looks off to you....

Yep. I actually had my daughter's phone tracked (the power was turned off) with GPS from Sprint. They couldn't pinpoint exactly, but they gave me an area. Unfortunately she had left it in New York and there was very little I could actually do. Once we located it in an area she knew exactly where it was ... I called and they claimed they hadn't seen it.

My GPS to her (family tracking program available through Sprint) wouldn't turn it on, but Sprint was able to do much more than I was.

We don't have that family location program anymore because all I have to do is call Sprint.

just being able to monitor your buying and selling transactions is enough to track you.....that's how terrorists are caught and how criminals are traced....

think about it if every single transaction you make - every atm you visist, every pack of smokes in hoboken new jersy, every shot at a bar in downtown, every late nite grocery run, every time you get paid, every time you deposit or cash it out....all of it is meticulously recorded.....

Yeeeap, it's crappy, there's still ways around it though. So long as people have actual tangible cash there will be a way around it, oh and if you're a drug dealer so long as there's minute phones still around. The minute there's no actual dollar bill to be found is the minute you should panic.

*sigh* I think all of us need to pitch in and get our own private island and have our own DGN country :laugh:. Troy would make a better president than Bush. I'm sick of all this tracking shit and always having to live in fear for what's going to happen next.

Of course, when I think about it, nearly every generation in the history of man has had to live in fear and uncertainty - most of the time much worse than we do now.

Can I ask why you think that? Why do you think that a chip would be the equivalent of the mark of the beast? I never took that passage literally but it was never one that I paid much attention to either.

I'm with HH...where's my celly??? If they put a chip in that, and tried to track me, they'd be like 'Why has Sass been under the passenger seat of her minivan for a week now?'

because I beleive the mark is designed to bring control, not to pledge allegience.

and the chip - equates to control in the technology age, sionce its in you - you are completely trackable. Ever want to jsut say fuck it and get away from it all? Well, with the chip that will never happen.

and while the biblical passage says that without the mark you cannot buy - or sell, the chip would be a perfect vehicle to establish and track money credits - a device used to allow you to buy or sell. Its not a novel idea, not even a christian idea when you look into it.

The minute there's no actual dollar bill to be found is the minute you should panic.

*sigh* I think all of us need to pitch in and get our own private island and have our own DGN country :laugh:. Troy would make a better president than Bush. I'm sick of all this tracking shit and always having to live in fear for what's going to happen next.

Of course, when I think about it, nearly every generation in the history of man has had to live in fear and uncertainty - most of the time much worse than we do now.

the diiference is that its THIS generation of man who is making such timely and incrdibel strides via current technology, that has everythign to do with everything.

and yrou right - when the currency dissapears get ready to shit your pants.

a nice american financial collapse could certainly help move that along....

and if we all moved to an island Troy would try to banish me for rebel rousing and I'd have to lead a Peter Pan like revolt and some of you yahoos would even be tempted to follow me so that wont work....

Ouch!

My kid is as paranoid as me now heh.....we ARE heading to the hills and having a stand off before we let anyone KNOWINGLY plant one in us however she had a good point yesturday.....

My breast implants......?

Also I have been under on the operating table now hm....lets see.....7-8x now.

God knows what is in me!!!

Tooth fillings even!

Yup I am getting paranoid.

I just saw a really bad movie about this sort of thing......it was one of the worst. Its so bad its almost worth watching.

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2007/05/23/184755.php

oh THAT and you get to see Ashley Judd (sigh and swoon) in her skivies

Movie Review: Bug

Written by Gerald Wright

Published May 23, 2007

See also:

» DVD Review: Most Extreme Elimination Challenge - Season Two

» B-Movie of the Week: Boy Eats Girl

» TV Review: NCIS - "Angel of Death"

In this psychological thriller, fear, paranoia, conspiracy theories, and claustrophobia link a deranged man and woman in a grungy motel room. This is the eerie screen version of Tracy Letts' play by the same title. Is there a conspiracy by the military and the U.S. government — or is it in their minds? Nothing is quite as it seems.

The screenplay adapted from Tracy Letts' 2004 off-Broadway success is a mind-bending nightmarish tale from director William Friedkin (The French Connection, The Exorcist). In a southwestern town, residents seem to be making ends meet on a daily basis. Such people are Agnes (Ashley Judd) who lives in a shabby desert motel and tends bar in a local dive with her lesbian friend R.C. (Lynn Collins) and suffers from the loss of her son who disappeared suddenly years prior. Agnes is living in fear of her abusive, recently paroled ex-husband Jerry (Harry Connick Jr). It doesn't help any that she has a cocaine habit, because the drug adds to her fear with paranoia.

One night at the watering hole where she works, R.C. introduces Agnes to an eccentric, nervous drifter named Peter (Michael Shannon). The strange and subdued Peter hangs out with Agnes one night claiming sex is not on his mind, but Agnes is lonely and a relationship between the two develops. The two characters pair off in offbeat and weird performances emphasizing desperation in their need for one another.

Soon after, Jerry the ex-husband shows up and friction is in the air. Harry Connick Jr. brings a sly and wormy presence to the screen in his character, which fortifies Ashley Judd's character's fear of him, but his part in the film seems to be limited.

Peter tells Agnes about a "bug" he contracted while in the military stationed in the Middle East and how it was deliberately planted in him. He convinces her that he carries the trait and perhaps it's a master plan that she's carrying the female bug that reproduces. All this seems to work well in the film, until military doctor Sweet (Brian F. O'Bryne) enters into the story and proclaims that Peter is a diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic. It also complicates the plot with new elements of secret military experiments as the meat of the story.

This forces the actors and the story to go south, because the tempo of the film becomes more of an obsession with rage, hysteria, and gore. Unlike the off-Broadway play, where its success was built upon its emotional intensity, the film version tries to excite the audience with grotesque scenes and gory camera work. The question of what is real in this movie and what is in the minds of the characters can be interpreted by whoever sees the film. Nevertheless, the main actors give outstanding performances with a challenging script.

Directed by: William Friedkin

Running time: 102 mins.

Release date: May 25, 2007

Genre: Drama, Thriller and Adaptation

Distributor: Lionsgate

MPAA Rating: R

Email this • Subscribe to this feed

Additional film reviews by Gerald Wright on Rotten Tomatoes, HDFEST, and Film Showcase.

Keep reading for information and comments on this article, and add some feedback of your own!

Buy from

Bug

Original Soundtrack

Music, Usually ships in 24 hours

As long as that phone has power.. it has GPS. They can track those prepaid phones too if they have the number... they just dont ahve a name to attach to it.

Exactly. They can track them, but if there's no name they can't do anything technically.

Your not the only one.....lots of people think this. My friend south of 8 mile who is sorta Christian but not saved.....Dollar Dave.......lots of people who are not practicing christians from every walk of life. Coarse ghetto buddy is kinda paranoid.....he is always giving me dvd's to watch on conspiracy theories and thinks 'the man' is responsible for all his downfalls in life. (the man being white, powerful men with money)

because I beleive the mark is designed to bring control, not to pledge allegience.

and the chip - equates to control in the technology age, sionce its in you - you are completely trackable. Ever want to jsut say fuck it and get away from it all? Well, with the chip that will never happen.

and while the biblical passage says that without the mark you cannot buy - or sell, the chip would be a perfect vehicle to establish and track money credits - a device used to allow you to buy or sell. Its not a novel idea, not even a christian idea when you look into it.

the diiference is that its THIS generation of man who is making such timely and incrdibel strides via current technology, that has everythign to do with everything.

and yrou right - when the currency dissapears get ready to shit your pants.

a nice american financial collapse could certainly help move that along....

and if we all moved to an island Troy would try to banish me for rebel rousing and I'd have to lead a Peter Pan like revolt and some of you yahoos would even be tempted to follow me so that wont work....

Naw. We would just raise your warning level, possibly to something like mauve or periwinkle. Then you'd have to sit on a corner of the island facing the ocean (since there's no actual wall) and think about what you've done! With a dunce cap, we go the full nine yards when it comes to punishing :tongue:

If you didn't like it Troy would just be like "psssht, fine, move back to that American crap shoot then" and you'd just dig your toe in the sand and say, "*sigh* FIIINE...I'll be good now."

Naw. We would just raise your warning level, possibly to something like mauve or periwinkle. Then you'd have to sit on a corner of the island facing the ocean (since there's no actual wall) and think about what you've done! With a dunce cap, we go the full nine yards when it comes to punishing :tongue:

If you didn't like it Troy would just be like "psssht, fine, move back to that American crap shoot then" and you'd just dig your toe in the sand and say, "*sigh* FIIINE...I'll be good now."

aw hell no.

a chance for my own Island full of horn dog betties?

Im afraid my own carnality would make me have to take over....

it would be like Gilligans Island on crack

Your not the only one.....lots of people think this. My friend south of 8 mile who is sorta Christian but not saved.....Dollar Dave.......lots of people who are not practicing christians from every walk of life. Coarse ghetto buddy is kinda paranoid.....he is always giving me dvd's to watch on conspiracy theories and thinks 'the man' is responsible for all his downfalls in life. (the man being white, powerful men with money)

how bout brown men in Garden City who is broke?

anyway yes - you are right - lots of people worry about this - and like I told Chernobyl my loyal Island of free boobies follower, it's the technology of this current age that makes the difference between age old paranoia and actual probability.......what we can actually pull off now is what I beleive will lead us into the dark age of Gog and Magog.....

http://www.examiner.com/a-232630~Company_t...iers__skin.html

Perilous Times

Has the Number 666 Been Decoded?*

Apr 7th, 2007 6:18 AM

Rachel Arora, merinews

666 is an ominous set of number that has since ages been associated with

evil. You need to know its dark implications, since it’s getting

unawares into your daily lives and passing on controls to evil imperialists.

THE NUMBER 666 is widely known as “the number of the beast”. It is said

to have originated from the Book of Revelation of the New Testament of

the Holy Bible. In several popular works, the number is considered to be

the number of Satan or Antichrist and has created much speculation

regarding its significance. It leaves us wondering as to who will be the

detestable prophet and when is the period of tribulation going to begin?

Many scholars state that the number is a code for the Roman emperor,

Nero, a view that is strongly supported by the Roman Catholic Church.

However, certain facts and studies reveal that 666 is not merely a

numerical figure, but is associated with slavery and downfall of the

human race. It is associated with ill omen and is creating a sizzle in

the modern era.

The description of the number of the beast in the Book of Revelation

13:18 is as follows: “Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding

count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his

number is Six hundred threescore and six.”

Kevin Jones, numerologist says, “666 is a number associated with evil.

Its magnitude can be both narrow and vast. It is likely to affect one

and all. Nobody can buy or sell if unmarked by the number on his right

hand or forehead.”

In many cultures of the west, there is widespread fear of the number. In

scientific terms, the phobia of 666 is known as

hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia. This leads people to avoid things related

to the number and consider it to bring bad luck.

The number is strongly despised and people prefer not to move in a new

house, buy a new vehicle or gamble with any numbers, resulting in the

666 combination. Some call it superstition while others call it a warning.

In 2006, the BBC listed hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia and its definition

as fact #64 in its “100 things we didn’t know last year.”

The number gained immense importance and lured various horror movie

directors to experiment with it. It soon became popular as the satanic

number all over the world after the release of the Hollywood

blockbuster, The Omen, in 1976.

Startling revelations

According to many, 666 is a sacred number, especially in the modern era.

Certain religious sects also believe it to be a divine number. Certain

facts have revealed that the human race is already becoming dependant on

the number of the beast and the days of tribulation have begun.

According to Father Benjamin Massey, “The United States is on its way to

becoming a cashless society. The most infectious economic movement is

that of “smart cards” which are already used by many people in countries

like Japan and Europe.”

A smart card is used to pay for all purchases one makes and avail

benefits such as health, insurance and claims. The social security

number, which requires every individual to be marked, is closely

associated with the number of the beast.

Automatic identification is the dominant feature in the emergence of a

cashless society. Biometric sensors are used to identify people by

fingerprints, retina patters and other body patterns. In countries like

Spain, Britain, the Netherlands, Portugal, Belgium, Norway, New York and

California, dogs and cats are required to have microchip implants

injected under their skin under the law. It won’t be long before similar

implants will be injected in human beings as well.

Almost everyone is familiar with the UPC barcodes that are now there on

most of the products of daily use. The three embedded numbers on every

UPC barcode are 666. Here’s how: All the marks of bars in the code are

associated with numbers except for the marks at the first, middle and

end. They appear as “||”. If the numbers are taken away, we are left

with the digits 666, which remain hidden in every bar code.

After labouring for years, the world’s financial institutions have

finally declared the emergence of the global cashless society. Microchip

technology and electronic currency will replace all monetary exchange.

The giant behind providing this cashless system is a company named

Mondex, which has already franchised over 20 nations. The entire system

is based on smart card technology that employs microchips concealed in a

plastic card. It stores electronic cash and identification. All

electronic transactions will be made secure by secure electronic

transaction (SET) protocols.

Mondex is a compound of the words Monetary and Dexter. Monetary means:

pertaining to money while Dexter means located on the right hand. Set is

Egyptian god of evil or Satan.

Keeping various security related issues in mind, the computer scientists

decided that it might not be possible to carry the card everywhere.

Therefore the ultimate option will be to place the microchip inside the

human body. However, scientists have discovered only two places to

inject the chip — the forehead and the right hand.

AT&T and Lucent Technologies purchased the franchise for Mondex. Their

logo is symbolic of the Solar Serpent or Satan. The name Lucent is

compounded from Lucifer enterprises. They named their products STYX, a

river in Hades, Janus, two-faced god and inferno promoted with a quote

from the inferno, a story about Lucifer in the pit of hell. They even

chose to move their office to 666, Fifth Avenue in Manhattan.

Project Lucid

This global police set up was designed to monitor every man, woman and

child once issued a universal biometrics card. Project Lucid will have a

mind-control chip surgically implanted in the brain. Under this project,

all undercover social security establishments will use its databases to

monitor daily lives of people. All data will be linked, networked and

processed by a central Gestapo where orders will be given to police,

military and intelligence agencies. The global police state will

comprise the FBI, KGB, CIA, DEA, DIA, NSA, IRS, EPA, OSHA, NCIC, USDA,

FDA, NRO, BATF, FINCEN, INS, DOJ, WTO, Europol, Interpol, Mossad, and

the MAB.

According to Nelly Paul, “666, when added, come to 9, which stand for

greediness and natural disasters. It can either make or break. It is

impulsive, restless, stubborn and inflexible.”

The biggest question that hunts our minds is if the end has finally

arrived? The beast is controlling our lives and we are unaware. 666 is

all over the place and is boiling down to globalization.

http://www.merinews.com/catFull.jsp?articleID=124676

Archived