Having To Date Again After 6+ Years

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it's cause I know Daevion, it didn't creep me out. *Shrugs*

I agree with Tygerlili.. you guys talk a lot of shit, and I've seen some of you crumble at the site of a pretty face.. haha Just an observation..

You talk cynically and act optimistically.. I guess it's okay. :)

I crumbled at the sight of your pretty face last night :wink So.....ah...how YOU doin?

If I were to somehow find myself single again (like if Lola passed away in a tragic meteorite falling from the sky and landing on thebathroom accident) I admit that the prospect of "dating" would be uncomfortable.

in that situation I think I would prefer metting someone, by accident or circumstance, from within a larger group of people....who are maybe just getting togethor to bowl or play cards or something....less pressure, better chance at much more natural and organic conversation within that format. And if yrou a coffee drinker....coffee is great for a no pressure get togethor..... but I would hope that I'd meet someone at say, a gym, or a writer's group, or a musicians guild, or at church, or at a convention of some sort....you know....something thats indicitive of this person being a forward momentum type of person, someone who is spending her time wisely.....that's somethign that I'd be impressed with right off the bat....

also there is definately a certain "vibe" that all people carry when they are seeking or open for business.

I often play gigs with my band or sit in with other bands when Lola is not there, because cigarette smoke makes her green and because she's sat thru so many of my gigs she cant possibly hear that song for the zillionth time (dotn blame her).

ANyway at those gigs i always meet new people and sit down and talk. There is sometimes a situation that pops up where I have to exit the conversation quickly because that particular gal is on the hunt. Im careful to make sure that I do not have the vibe that says "open for business" but sometimes it gets ignored. ANyway I suppose that what Im saying here is that how you carry yoruself, male or female, definately comes across.

I can't speak for anyone else, but personally I didn't find you creepy, I found the general opinion some of the men here have toward women creepy.

We've all known/dated undesirable people, but sweeping generalizations bother me. There are women out there who treat men like shit, and there are women out there who don't. There are men out there who behave the same ways.

Besides after a certain point it's your fault if you allow someone whom you're dating to keep treating you badly. Don't hate half the population if you've got a chip on your shoulder because you didn't stand up for yourself in the first place.

Okay I should have been more clear. That is it exactly. I was finding the opinons towards women that were expressed by a few to be very creepy.

I love the judge mental/assuming of todays society and on here.

also trying to force someone to change to someone they are not

does not go well,

Trying to help them get rid of bad habits goes well.

if you can't like the person for who they are, then it was never meant to be.

BTW not trusting most ppl is not a "CREEPY" thing,its a being a "CAUTIOUS" thing.

being fucked over and lied too in the past, is what causes distrust in most ppl.nough said,LOL!!

I met Mr. Wonderful at a halloween party.

He was The Noid.

I was Elvis.

Nothing more natural than that.

hahaha oh wow, that must have been a sight. I DEMAND PICTURES!!!!!!

I actually met my girl through an unorthodox way as well... and wow I haven't been happier.

(yes i finally picked one) She seemed to be the one that had it together the most and isn't attracted to anything on the top 10 list I made.

i apologize for the way my opinions came across. but i've yet to be proved wrong

Never, not once have you been creepy.

Being cautious is one thing, a good thing actually. But there is point where one is no longer being cautious and simply considering all women a certain is something else. Mind you I'm not a fan of man-haters either.

Never, not once have you been creepy.

Being cautious is one thing, a good thing actually. But there is point where one is no longer being cautious and simply considering all women a certain is something else. Mind you I'm not a fan of man-haters either.

I didn't mean to come across as a "woman hater" I'm quite the opposite actually. Even though my post may have been biased against women, and I didn't mean for that to be that way. I'm not experienced in dating men sadly (greatfully) so I can't make any judgement calls on guys, even though I'm sure they're just as bad.

If what has been said has creeped you out so badly, just stand back and take a look just exactly how human beings treat one another and demand so much of eachother in a relationship, cause so much needless drama and head games, ect. It's not that there's certain wrong places, is most people you meet now adays. I blame celebraty loonies like the Spears Sisters, Hilton, Agulara, ect, who show no signs of responsibility, do what they want, and emulate as shitty role models to everyone else...

I wonder what the hell happened to give most people that snooty arrogant attitude against others in this country. Arrogance only breeds resentment.

I think both genders have equal potential to be absolute loons and/or screw each other into misery. But you'll never find a good one by hiding either.

I agree. However I have found a good one recently, so I must respectfully decline from any further debates about this. Ya always gotta have a few fuck ups before you find a decent one.

Gotta love how some of us dudes (assumed/compared) to ppl like Osama Bin Ladden,and George Bush

but what ever,and another thing,the person who is quiet most of the time is not always the psycho POS

IMO some one being loud,obnoxious,wanting attention,makes me more nervious,I know several ppl who are good friends,(women,and dudes)that always keep to them selves and are very wonderful ppl to be around some ppl need to start listening to George Carlin more often,Not Fox News.assuming is the mother of all f$#kups!!I dont assume I presume,because I could be wrong.

I didn't mean to come across as a "woman hater" I'm quite the opposite actually. Even though my post may have been biased against women, and I didn't mean for that to be that way. I'm not experienced in dating men sadly (greatfully) so I can't make any judgement calls on guys, even though I'm sure they're just as bad.

If what has been said has creeped you out so badly, just stand back and take a look just exactly how human beings treat one another and demand so much of eachother in a relationship, cause so much needless drama and head games, ect. It's not that there's certain wrong places, is most people you meet now adays. I blame celebraty loonies like the Spears Sisters, Hilton, Agulara, ect, who show no signs of responsibility, do what they want, and emulate as shitty role models to everyone else...

I wonder what the hell happened to give most people that snooty arrogant attitude against others in this country. Arrogance only breeds resentment.

LOL!!its called the American Idealistic attitude,note,at least not all have this attitude.

I agree. However I have found a good one recently, so I must respectfully decline from any further debates about this. Ya always gotta have a few fuck ups before you find a decent one.

just noting that why is there is a friend of the court,but not friend of the dude..

but thats a whole different ball game

Archived